Boycott of BP by PTB, Athleticos and OASF

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I respect anyone's decision to boycott or attend matches, it's entirely up to the individual. However, I don't want to hear a word of moaning about the players, manager, recruitment or results from anyone who chooses not to attend or support the club financially. Once you don't support the club you give up that right to moan about the standard we are at.

10 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I respect anyone's decision to boycott or attend matches, it's entirely up to the individual. However, I don't want to hear a word of moaning about the players, manager, recruitment or results from anyone who chooses not to attend or support the club financially. Once you don't support the club you give up that right to moan about the standard we are at.

Supporting the club financially doesn’t seem to have benefitted our league position under these owners thus far. Competence, or lack of, is the problem here.

10 minutes ago, PeteG said:

In normal times (and at every club) there are plenty of people who don't attend matches but are more than ready to share their opinion. 

45 minutes ago, PeteG said:

This is the part I have a massive gripe with. Who are you to determine if I am a supporter or not? Speaking personally I will be going to away games just not home games. I have supported the club like most all my life, I have been a sponsor of players, matches, OACT yet why would my support be less valued than yours?

Your change in tone since certain people have become back involved is obvious to see.

Attendances rose from last time fans were in. So this ‘if your not in the ground we can’t bring in good players’ quite frankly is nonsense. 

There are a number of possible scenarios that might unfold over the coming months:

1. Abdallah agrees a deal to sell the club and new owners start the rebuild in the National League

2. The club’s creditors call in their outstanding debts and OAFC, unable to pay, goes into administration 

3. The fans boycott in sufficient numbers with the financial impact of that boycott hitting Abdallah’s ability to underpin the club’s finances - 

resulting in a variation of either 1 or 2 happening.

One key question for me is what percentage of the overall club income comes from match day monies?

I believe that we will still receive solidarity payments next season plus any share of TV income and sponsorship deals.

Will Abdallah, should he choose to do so, be able to stumble along with this reduced income simply hitting the playing budget - meaning that, like this season, we can only recruit poor footballers?

6 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

This is part I have a massive gripe with. Who are you to determine if I am a supporter or not? Speaking personally I will be going to away games just not home games. I have supported the club like most all my life, I have been a sponsor of players, matches, OACT yet why would my support be less valued than yours?

Your change in tone since certain people have become back involved is obvious to see.

Attendances rose from last time fans were in. So this ‘if your not in the ground we can’t bring in good players’ quite frankly is nonsense. 

Might struggle for away tickets when we only get about 88 for Weymouth, my friend...

8 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Once you don't support the club you give up that right to moan about the standard we are at.

This is part I have a massive gripe with. Who are you to determine if I am a supporter or not? Speaking personally I will be going to away games just not home games. I have supported the club like most all my life, I have been a sponsor of players, matches, OACT yet why would my support be less valued than yours?

Agree about the statement highlighted in bold - however the other part of the @PeteGpost that might resonate with some is:

“I don't want to hear a word of moaning about the players, manager, recruitment or results from anyone who chooses not to attend or support the club financially.”

45 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I won't be attending Boundary Park next season. I will be criticising the club on here tough shit freedom of speech buddy.

A takeover happens then I'm back in the fold going to the games Cheering the players on defending underperforming players.

31 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I respect anyone's decision to boycott or attend matches, it's entirely up to the individual. However, I don't want to hear a word of moaning about the players, manager, recruitment or results from anyone who chooses not to attend or support the club financially.

This would have more weight if the club were making any sort of effort whatsoever to encourage fans to buy season tickets and improve the financial position. There has been no movement toward the fans from the club. An olive branch was held out  by the fans when Sheridan returned and ultimately by failing to deliver on the promise to "improve the squad to fight the relegation battle" the club shat all over that olive branch.

Once you don't support the club you give up that right to moan about the standard we are at.

I live down south so don't go to many matches. I would like to retain the right to moan about the standard we are at.

58 minutes ago, PeteG said:

People with years of supporting the club behind them do not forfeit the right to have a view on how the club is being run regardless of whether they are attending.  This season's disaster had nothing to do with matchday income as there is ni indication whatsoever that had it increased the EFL loan would have been paid off in time to recruit some half decent players - even if said players had been recruitable given our  toxic reputation

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

This includes the OEC in the North stand too yes? Owned by Blitz… a protagonist in our troubles. The whole stadium should be boycotted, including any business within it. 

This will also be addressed hopefully in the next few weeks. 

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

I will always support the club, whether I attend games or not. It's very easy for me living where I do to say I won't attend home games until the Lemsagams are gone, but I will boycott home games. How dare you say that I'm then no longer a supporter. Absolutely cheap and disgusting comment.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I will always support the club, whether I attend games or not. It's very easy for me living where I do to say I won't attend home games until the Lemsagams are gone, but I will boycott home games. How dare you say that I'm then no longer a supporter. Absolutely cheap and disgusting comment.

The point he makes has merit though. You can't be talking in one breath about having a sustainable club, then advocating starving the club of income and then crying about it when the owner cuts the cloth.

This half in, half out boycott is a nonsense to me but if you go down that route you have to be able to take the pain that will inevitably follow.

Definitely up for a boycott if we don't have new owners before the start of next season. I actually believe Ab Lem is lying to us about selling, he's just a lying twat. I just hope I'm wrong.

Having said that, Shez will always get my support and if he ever came to my house he'd get a steak dinner, apple pie and cream and all the beer he could drink.

26 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The point he makes has merit though. You can't be talking in one breath about having a sustainable club, then advocating starving the club of income and then crying about it when the owner cuts the cloth.

This half in, half out boycott is a nonsense to me but if you go down that route you have to be able to take the pain that will inevitably follow.

"The plan for next season starts now. The objective is clear, promotion and a return to the EFL. Our budget will be unchanged due to EFL parachute payments and we want to start preparations now."

There's no mention of ticket sales being a pre-requisite to having a budget capable of delivering promotion.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

This argument works both ways surely.

Firstly everyone has a right to do as they wish on this matter without being ridicluled by those in the opposite camp.

If fans choose to boycott to prevent any further money aiding ALs tenure then good on them, they are still fans who care about the club and want AL out, they have a right to moan, complain or say what the feel.

If fans choose to attend then great if thats what they want to do, we have to realise some fans need this Saturday & Tuesday night fix in their lives for various reasons. I would still imagine the majority of those who wont boycott still want a new owner and would like AL gone asap.

I see the argument from both sides on this, but to say the boycotters shouldn't have the right to moan about the clubs failings is wrong.

Those who will be attending must see that by doing this you could be prolonging ALs stay.

Both sides of this argument are neither right or wrong.

But for the few who will be attending just remember,  you too could be doing more harm than good in the quest for new owners, so you need to remember that when calling out boycotters who want to have an opinion.

30 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Do you think we have a sustainable club under this wretched owner?

There is no half in, half out boycott as has been pointed out many times. PTB encouraged  a return specifically in the context of Shez returning and the fight to stay in the Football League. That battle has been lost, so the boycott resumes. It's really not difficult to get your head around. The owner was offered an olive branch and like the moron he is, he turned it down.

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

"The plan for next season starts now. The objective is clear, promotion and a return to the EFL. Our budget will be unchanged due to EFL parachute payments and we want to start preparations now."

There's no mention of ticket sales being a pre-requisite to having a budget capable of delivering promotion.

No mention also of loss of Premier league payment of about £700k.

Archived