Boycott of BP by PTB, Athleticos and OASF

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

There is no half in, half out boycott as has been pointed out many times. PTB encouraged  a return specifically in the context of Shez returning and the fight to stay in the Football League. 

The counter argument for that could be that Sheridan is still here and there is a fight to reclaim our place in the football league.

FWIW Ms Atkinson once told fans that ST revenue didn't contribute in any way to the running of the club, it was just seen as "a bonus" to the funding Mr Lemsagam already puts in (yep, I know)...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

"The plan for next season starts now. The objective is clear, promotion and a return to the EFL. Our budget will be unchanged due to EFL parachute payments and we want to start preparations now."

There's no mention of ticket sales being a pre-requisite to having a budget capable of delivering promotion.

Lovely stuff.

8 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Do you think we have a sustainable club under this wretched owner?

There is no half in, half out boycott as has been pointed out many times. PTB encouraged  a return specifically in the context of Shez returning and the fight to stay in the Football League. That battle has been lost, so the boycott resumes. It's really not difficult to get your head around. The owner was offered an olive branch and like the moron he is, he turned it down.

I was referring to the away days only nonsense although the return for Shez thing was also nonsense.

And how long does medium term consistute? Because that's what he said in terms of selling the club...

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

However, I don't want to hear a word of moaning about the players, manager, recruitment or results from anyone who chooses not to attend or support the club financially.

The tone of this is hilarious, like a parent bollocking a child for eating all it’s sweets at once.

Dave_Og’s post below sums it up for me.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

People with years of supporting the club behind them do not forfeit the right to have a view on how the club is being run regardless of whether they are attending.  This season's disaster had nothing to do with matchday income as there is ni indication whatsoever that had it increased the EFL loan would have been paid off in time to recruit some half decent players - even if said players had been recruitable given our  toxic reputation

10 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

The tone of this is hilarious, like a parent bollocking a child for eating all it’s sweets at once.

Dave_Og’s post below sums it up for me.

no supper for you...

43 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

FWIW Ms Atkinson once told fans that ST revenue didn't contribute in any way to the running of the club, it was just seen as "a bonus" to the funding Mr Lemsagam already puts in (yep, I know)...

As you know that's complete bollocks I'm not sure why it's worth dredging up

3 hours ago, PeteG said:

I respect anyone's decision to boycott or attend matches, it's entirely up to the individual. However, I don't want to hear a word of moaning about the players, manager, recruitment or results from anyone who chooses not to attend or support the club financially. Once you don't support the club you give up that right to moan about the standard we are at.

Fuck off what bollocks is this?

lve spent thousands upon thousands on this club but bc l wont give your mate £24 l cant voice my opinion??

get. to. fuck. 🖕🏿.

15 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Fuck off what bollocks is this?

lve spent thousands upon thousands on this club but bc l wont give your mate £24 l cant voice my opinion??

get. to. fuck. 🖕🏿.

Couldn't give a fuck what you've give in the past. Do you know how ridiculous it is to tell people to boycott, starve the club of any money and then say the standard of players is shite? Boycott by all means but just stay away and shut the fuck up

6 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Couldn't give a fuck what you've give in the past. Do you know how ridiculous it is to tell people to boycott, starve the club of any money and then say the standard of players is shite? Boycott by all means but just stay away and shut the fuck up

Is it not equally as ridiculous to fund AL by attending and then thinking you have a greater right to a view whilst helping the problem of all this,  to stay longer.

3 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Is it not equally as ridiculous to fund AL by attending and then thinking you have a greater right to a view whilst helping the problem of all this,  to stay longer.

Has an owner ever been forced out due to low ticket sales? I'm not aware of one but happy to be corrected if there has been.

15 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Who are you to tell people to shut up.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Has an owner ever been forced out due to low ticket sales? I'm not aware of one but happy to be corrected if there has been.

I dont know marra.

But in my eyes neither side on this, boycotters or attendees have a greater right of a say, both stances could be seen to have flaws.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Who are you to tell people shut up.

That's rich coming from you. You're one of the prime bigots on this forum. (just thought i'd help to stir things up) 😀

Just now, maximus1267 said:

I dont know marra.

But in my eyes neither side on this, boycotters or attendees have a greater right of a say, both stances could be seen to have flaws.

I think what this message board does show, is that as a group of fans we will not unite to rid the club of the rotten core, that is the saddest thing and as a result AL will just play either side whenever he chooses.

4 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I think what this message board does show, is that as a group of fans we will not unite to rid the club of the rotten core, that is the saddest thing and as a result AL will just play either side whenever he chooses.

PTB, OASF and the Athleticos all seem to be putting out the same message. Get behind that message and ignore the ones sniping from the outside. 

2 hours ago, philwhite said:

I will be going along with my Sue #happyclapper😀

I'll also be there. 

For me, football is about sharing an experience. Joy of promotion, excitement of winning, moaning at defeat, all part of it. Leaving the League (even if temporarily but who knows) is a massive day in the club's history and , after 62 years of support, I want to be part of that experience too.

It's a personal choice and I'm not criticizing anyone who boycotts, but I regard it as a question to myself. If after 62 years support, four promotions and , with this, five relegations, could I be at ease with not being there on a momentous day in Latics' history ?  The answer is "no".

Everybody should do what they think best. I don't agree with boycotting so I won't be doing it, but can understand those who decide on this as the way forward.
Personally, I refuse to let Abdallah drive me away from watching MY team, so he won't be doing. I also take my grandkids, who somehow love going,  and probably wouldn't speak to me if I was to tell them that's it for now.
I think the point that PeteG was trying to make was that no matter what anyone might say, people withdrawing their financial support will have an impact on the playing budget. If the home crowds are around 1,000 as many are predicting, we'll be one of the worst supported teams in the league, which will  mean a shit budget. If that's the case, can you really complain about the crap we will sign? I think that was his point anyway
The way I look at it, my money goes to OAFC not Abdallah. He's just the owner for now, and he can't be making any money out of it. If I thought at any time that my money was going straight into the pockets of JW Lees, Chris Moore, Blitz, Corney or any of the other dodgy owners/chairmen we've had over the years I have given it up long ago.
iIm totally against the owners, and will contribute to this contingency fund if It's set up correctly, but iIll continue to follow my club home and away, as I've done for as long as I can remember

Overheard in a random public house shortly into the new season (allegedly):

Supporter A - I am boycotting home games meaning that I do not put any money into the club thereby ensuring that I don’t give any cash to the owner.

Supporter B - I totally support your stance but doesn’t that mean that the amount of funds the owner can put towards the playing budget is reduced to the bare minimum?

Supporter A - it does but I believe by starving the owner of monies it will force him to sell.

Supporter B - good point. It’s disappointing though that he hasn’t  sold yet…

In the meantime, you’ve been to a few away games what do you think of the players we have brought in to the club this season?

Supporter A - they’re all useless and not fit to wear the shirt…

Supporter B - I tend to agree.

As was pointed out on the podcast this week, our average attendance this season was mid table in the league, but budget was bottom 2 and we had an embargo we couldn't get out of.

That says a lot regarding how our ticket sales affect playing budget.

4 hours ago, PeteG said:

I respect anyone's decision to boycott or attend matches, it's entirely up to the individual. However, I don't want to hear a word of moaning about the players, manager, recruitment or results from anyone who chooses not to attend or support the club financially. Once you don't support the club you give up that right to moan about the standard we are at.

I respect your decision too.
But I would argue that if you still financially support this ownership after four years of chaos and destruction, then it is you that gives up the right to moan about the standard we are at, not me.

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

As was pointed out on the podcast this week, our average attendance this season was mid table in the league, but budget was bottom 2 and we had an embargo we couldn't get out of.

That says a lot regarding how our ticket sales affect playing budget.

Was told you had to present a business plan (I know) to apply for the loan, might have been 2 or 3 years, can't remember but presumably some of that would have been based on projected attendances, from what I gather it wasn't as straightforward as just saying we want to pay it off now, not that they were ever planning to do.

Archived