Boycott of BP by PTB, Athleticos and OASF

28 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

moaning at defeat,

That’s all we have had really since these 🤡🤡’s took over, a hell of a lot of moaning about a hell of a lot of defeats!

Don't remember any other feelings TBH.

The only momentous feeling I will experience, hopefully, is the day these twats have fucked off!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

As was pointed out on the podcast this week, our average attendance this season was mid table in the league, but budget was bottom 2 and we had an embargo we couldn't get out of.

That says a lot regarding how our ticket sales affect playing budget.

Well, as the attendances figures given out, certainly before Shez came back, bore little resemblance to the numbers in the ground, and as the increase in attendances occured after the transfer window so we couldn't sign anyone anyway, I'd say it does.

The shite season ticket sales due to last seasons boycotted probably contributed to the decision to take out the EFL loan with all that entailed. Well that, and Abdallah being clueless.

5 hours ago, PeteG said:

I respect anyone's decision to boycott or attend matches, it's entirely up to the individual. However, I don't want to hear a word of moaning about the players, manager, recruitment or results from anyone who chooses not to attend or support the club financially. Once you don't support the club you give up that right to moan about the standard we are at.

I’m not getting a season ticket and I’ll continue to call out the clowns destroying the club as much as I want and won’t be taking any lectures from Barry’s sidekick. 

9 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Well, as the attendances figures given out, certainly before Shez came back, bore little resemblance to the numbers in the ground, and as the increase in attendances occured after the transfer window so we couldn't sign anyone anyway, I'd say it does.

The shite season ticket sales due to last seasons boycotted probably contributed to the decision to take out the EFL loan with all that entailed. Well that, and Abdallah being clueless.

From what I can tell from looking at the increases in attendances since Shez came in, it could be something in the region of £200k to £300k of additional ticket sales revenue that came into the club before the cut off date for signing free transfers in March. The loan wasn't paid off, no additional signings were made.

29 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

If that’s the case, I expect to see all of the POTD ticket money from Feb-April going into the playing budget for next season - we should have a bumper budget!

5 hours ago, PeteG said:

I respect anyone's decision to boycott or attend matches, it's entirely up to the individual. However, I don't want to hear a word of moaning about the players, manager, recruitment or results from anyone who chooses not to attend or support the club financially. Once you don't support the club you give up that right to moan about the standard we are at.

With all due respect, I think you have got your telescope the wrong way round.

• Matt featured this topic
10 minutes ago, south east latic said:

If that’s the case, I expect to see all of the POTD ticket money from Feb-April going into the playing budget for next season - we should have a bumper budget!

We were hardly packing the ground out!

II hope it does go to this years budget, because if it doesn't, we're fucked!

7 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

With all due respect, I think you have got your telescope the wrong way round.

With all due respect, you only know half the story. You have been fed certain information but don't really know the full background into our case. It isn't the same as you had at Blackpool at all.

3 minutes ago, PeteG said:

With all due respect, you only know half the story. You have been fed certain information but don't really know the full background into our case. It isn't the same as you had at Blackpool at all.

Well fill us in then, Mike...

3 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

We were hardly packing the ground out!

II hope it does go to this years budget, because if it doesn't, we're fucked!

The alternative is that Abdallah could have attempted to fix the route cause of why fans were staying away but chose not to. He’d prefer to slash the budget accordingly rather than understand why fans are turning their backs. 

I personally don’t really care if we go down again so if we have a crap squad, we have a crap squad - National League/National League North are just varying degrees of shite. We will bounce back, but only when the Lemsagams have gone and I’m willing to try anything that could speed up that process.

Whilst I don't agree with the tone of PeteG post I had thought similar myself, I've witnessed prominent members of PTB and the other groups hell bent on protest booing players and generally behaving like bellends at away days, I get that Abdallah and his cronies need to go but what do you get out of attending and giving dogs abuse to players who are just not good enough, it's not their fault they are not good enough.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Whilst I don't agree with the tone of PeteG post I had thought similar myself, I've witnessed prominent members of PTB and the other groups hell bent on protest booing players and generally behaving like bellends at away days, Which members?

I get that Abdallah and his cronies need to go but what do you get out of attending and giving dogs abuse to players who are just not good enough, it's not their fault they are not good enough. I agree with not booing them for not being good enough but most of them threw the towel in in the last few games and that’s not excusable

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

I don't think I suggested it was the same. In the short time I've been posting on here I have been at pains to point out similarities AND differences.

You OP was entirely predicated upon success having a correlation with revenue. If that were true, then why are Bradford in League 2, and Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich in League One? Luton and Blackpool in the Championship?

Revenue is only as effective as the way in which it is used. The recent history of your club suggests that what revenue the club has had has been poorly utilised. The fact that you are going down, still under an embargo, with a bunch of inadequate players and the prospect of a complete rebuild does not suggest to me that the current owners are proper custodians for either your club or the fans' money.

And that is the crux of it, isn't it? Continuing to give money and support to people who have proved over and over again that they aren't worthy of it is the irrational behaviour in all of this, not boycotting. And to coin a phrase, if you continue to support a model that clearly isn't working, "you give up the right to moan about the standard".

12 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Go on the pod and tell all.  Or are you boycotting it and therefore cannot criticise it?

21 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I genuinely want to know the other half of the story. 
Are we getting promoted in the bit that I haven't seen? :)

19 minutes ago, south east latic said:

The alternative is that Abdallah could have attempted to fix the route cause of why fans were staying away but chose not to. He’d prefer to slash the budget accordingly rather than understand why fans are turning their backs. 

I personally don’t really care if we go down again so if we have a crap squad, we have a crap squad - National League/National League North are just varying degrees of shite. We will bounce back, but only when the Lemsagams have gone and I’m willing to try anything that could speed up that process.

And that's fair enough. My worry is that if nobody goes to the games etc, there will be nothing left to sell, and it will be liquidation before long. Businesses with no customers don't tend to survive. You might be right, withdrawing support might force him out. I prefer the vocal and visible demonstrations, as that's the only thing he seems to listen to.

Anyway, hopefully there's somebody who wants to buy us,they get a move on and they're a massive upgrade on the last few owners, who between them have brought us to this.

6 hours ago, PeteG said:

Players, manager and results I can understand to a point as the opinion will be less reliable compared to someone who goes regularly.

But you better believe that I'll be moaning about our terrible recruitment.  And it will be terrible, because the people currently running the club are incompetent and proven failures.

38 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Do tell.

44 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well fill us in then, Mike...

40 minutes ago, PeteG said:

We've been through this numerous times, your wide of the mark

I reckon @PeteGis a male? First name Peter? Second name begins with G?

54 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Imagine when your best mate gets cross examined. . . 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Aww has the big bad snowflake upset you again.

Not at all. I've been around long enough not to get upset at what people say or write on a forum. 

Archived