Boycott of BP by PTB, Athleticos and OASF

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nzlatic said:

As was pointed out on the podcast this week, our average attendance this season was mid table in the league, but budget was bottom 2 and we had an embargo we couldn't get out of.

That says a lot regarding how our ticket sales affect playing budget.

I've said for a while that we are where we are because (among other ineptitudes) they now don't care about losing/making money/revenue with OAFC (they probably still do with other interests).

The loss of the EFL money will test this once & for all pretty quickly, far more than the stayaways did during most of this season, and I think matters will escalate in the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, south east latic said:

The alternative is that Abdallah could have attempted to fix the route cause of why fans were staying away but chose not to. He’d prefer to slash the budget accordingly rather than understand why fans are turning their backs. 

He chose not to fix the route cause or he doesn't understand what it is - which is it? 

He does understand by the way, he just doesn't care.

4 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

I'll also be there. 

For me, football is about sharing an experience. Joy of promotion, excitement of winning, moaning at defeat, all part of it. Leaving the League (even if temporarily but who knows) is a massive day in the club's history and , after 62 years of support, I want to be part of that experience too.

It's a personal choice and I'm not criticizing anyone who boycotts, but I regard it as a question to myself. If after 62 years support, four promotions and , with this, five relegations, could I be at ease with not being there on a momentous day in Latics' history ?  The answer is "no".

This is not a momentous day in Latics' history

44 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

The loss of the EFL money will test this once & for all pretty quickly, far more than the stayaways did during most of this season, and I think matters will escalate in the next few weeks.

But they don't lose the EFL money next season according to this.

The two clubs relegated from Sky Bet League 2 currently receive 50% of the equivalent Basic Award payment to League 2 clubs for one season, but from next season (2016/7) onwards will be paid:

- 100% of the equivalent Basic Award payment made to League 2 clubs in the first year following relegation.
- 50% of the equivalent Basic Award payment made to League 2 clubs in the second year following relegation (unless a club achieves promotion back to The Football League at the first attempt).

47 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He chose not to fix the route cause or he doesn't understand what it is - which is it? 

I don’t know - I’ve never spoken to the guy. It doesn’t matter which it is, it’s negligence or incompetence (or both) and he’d rather cut his cloth than improve things

49 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I've said for a while that we are where we are because (among other ineptitudes) they now don't care about losing/making money/revenue with OAFC (they probably still do with other interests).

Indeed.  They've never made anything other than school-project-standard attempts to get supporters to spend money.  They view the supporters with such contempt that I wouldn't be surprised if they're not arsed about the boycott.

You've got to assume that the new boycott combined with the loss of EFL money has (finally) got to make it impossible for them to carry on, surely?  Unless they're getting funding from elsewhere, of course..

Intrigued about the earlier "don't moan about the standard, if you're not putting money in" argument earlier.  Whether we sell 10 season-tickets or 10,000 season tickets, these clowns will fuck it up, because they're egotistical, arrogant fools.  Knock yourself out if you want to fund that sort of set-up.  I won't be, though...

Weirdly, it might turn out that the worst thing is that the Lemsagams are actually very rich - it makes it very hard for us to apply any pressure financially.

If they are just choosing not to put their wealth in the club, it's hard to see how we can change their minds.

2 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Weirdly, it might turn out that the worst thing is that the Lemsagams are actually very rich - it makes it very hard for us to apply any pressure financially.

If they are just choosing not to put their wealth in the club, it's hard to see how we can change their minds.

Something that's crossed my mind, we could end up part time in the very near future as I cannot see Abdallah backing down, he will just cut the cloth accordingly and once parachute and solidarity payments dry up our budget could be amongst the worst in the National League if the club cannot attract a crowd over three or four thousand.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

PeteG is having an absolute nightmare these past ten months or so isnt he 😂😂😂

I think he may be establishing himself as the Ousseynou Cisse of the forum.

Oh hang on, I don't go to games, so I can't criticise. I WITHDRAW!

3 hours ago, PeteG said:

With all due respect, you only know half the story. You have been fed certain information but don't really know the full background into our case. It isn't the same as you had at Blackpool at all.

What a tease you are, sir!

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Whilst I don't agree with the tone of PeteG post I had thought similar myself, I've witnessed prominent members of PTB and the other groups hell bent on protest booing players and generally behaving like bellends at away days, I get that Abdallah and his cronies need to go but what do you get out of attending and giving dogs abuse to players who are just not good enough, it's not their fault they are not good enough.

Along with @south east latic also looking forward to hearing who these members are. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I won't embarrass them but they know who they are, if the cap fits and all that...

Oh no please private message me I would love to know given this is the first time you’ve raised it. 

16 hours ago, PeteG said:

With all due respect, you only know half the story. You have been fed certain information but don't really know the full background into our case. It isn't the same as you had at Blackpool at all.

With no response, I'm just going to assume that there is no other half to the story, and move on.

I really wish that the people supporting the current ownership would put up better arguments for why the club is better in their hands.  The club has been dragged down by them.

56 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

With no response, I'm just going to assume that there is no other half to the story, and move on.

I really wish that the people supporting the current ownership would put up better arguments for why the club is better in their hands.  The club has been dragged down by them.

I think it's a massive positive that people with a differing point of view come on a forum. But it would be a hell of a lot more constructive if they could back up that view with some rationale. 

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l suppose itt is entirely possible that he can't tell us bc it would reveal bazza's cunning masterplan ahead of schedule.

To be fair, I'd support his "free pie for every true and realistic fan at every home game" initiative.

That's the most intelligent masterplan that I can see him and his minions conjuring up.

7 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

😂😂

that and his 'all potential strikers MUST be able to pull at least two plants out of the ground BEFORE a contract will be offered'

😄

The "Pulling Up Any Plant" Pie could be the perfect budget vegan option in Baz's masterplan.

Archived