Boycott of BP by PTB, Athleticos and OASF

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's remarkable how many people across social media who think just putting Sheridan in charge of recruitment will reverse this downwards trend. They will probably be the same ones next season getting overexcited when if we hit a good spot of form and win a few games and will believe lessons have been learned.

I haven't seen that anywhere, but it is ridiculous to think everything is sorted on the playing front if Sheridan is in charge of recruitment.

Not a bad thing - but he definitely hasn't got much of a chance unless the infrastructure is behind him (i.e not the clowns).

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Still have a fear Mo will meddle and Shez will walk, with a new manager taking over on the first week of the new season.

Perhaps I'm being paranoid?

I think it's absolutely nailed on if they are still here. 

18 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not in the first week give it October November time and yeah that will probably happen.

It's remarkable how many people across social media who think just putting Sheridan in charge of recruitment will reverse this downwards trend. They will probably be the same ones next season getting overexcited when if we hit a good spot of form and win a few games and will believe lessons have been learned.

Many thought Leutweiler, Clarke, McGahey, Hope and Hart looking like Keith Curle signings rather than Mo signings represented this.....  

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Many thought Leutweiler, Clarke, McGahey, Hope and Hart looking like Keith Curle signings rather than Mo signings represented this.....  

All from that massive pool of players who would take £800pw.

56 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Not sure what your point is but some/all of them signed for more initially.....

Mainly that beggars can't be choosers.  Sheridan has minimal chance of achieving any more success if similar restrictions are in place - which they have pretty much said will be the case

15 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Mainly that beggars can't be choosers.  Sheridan has minimal chance of achieving any more success if similar restrictions are in place - which they have pretty much said will be the case

Well in that case he's a fool for staying on and I'll have no sympathy when he's bemoaning only being able to sign Alex Brown from Kettering and Lewis Alessandra...

31 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well in that case he's a fool for staying on and I'll have no sympathy when he's bemoaning only being able to sign Alex Brown from Kettering and Lewis Alessandra...

I wouldn't disagree. I was amazed when he said he was staying and I still am. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The criteria is are they better than we have got?.. and they possibly are.😐

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

The criteria is are they better than we have got?.. and they possibly are.😐

Alex Brown is a decent fullback and England C international. He has also played for Kings Lynn Town, Buxton and Sheffield FC - seems like a good fit to me…

25 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Alex Brown is a decent fullback and England C international. He has also played for Kings Lynn Town, Buxton and Sheffield FC - seems like a good fit to me…

Are we doing that "we need players who've never been good enough to play higher so know this league" thing already.....? 

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Are we doing that "we need players who've never been good enough to play higher so know this league" thing already.....? 

They said that about Vardy for years. There's plenty of talent out there if you look for it rather than relying on Mo agents.

47 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Let's be honest - we are doing that thing of finding anyone who's desperate enough to play for us.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived