EFL retained lists

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’re in a totally different market place from previous seasons!😂

No player will want to drop into the National League unless there are no other options, especially with the salaries we are offering!

Shez says his recruitment drive starts straight away….I honestly don’t think he’ll be able to attract the type of player he will need.

I think more so than in previous seasons targeting cast offs will be the order of the day and the scrambling around for last minute signings will continue!

I honestly think Shez may be a goner as early as Christmas!!

46 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

No player will want to drop into the National League unless there are no other options, especially with the salaries we are offering!

Shez says his recruitment drive starts straight away….I honestly don’t think he’ll be able to attract the type of player he will need.

I think more so than in previous seasons targeting cast offs will be the order of the day and the scrambling around for last minute signings will continue!

Some of our players will drop into the National league or lower though.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Let' be realistic....we have 4 main targets next season in my view

1. get rid of the parasites who currently own our club, and the clingons around them

2. get a credible owner/owners who care about the club and the local community

3. avoid admin or worse

4. at least maintain our staus in the national league

Obvoiulsly achieving number 1 influences 2, 3, and 4

Worst case scenario I'm resaonably confident Shez can muster up and attract a bunch of misfits and players who can at least avoid relegation to the NLS.

Some seasoned NL players will be attracted to coming to us based on our history, even in the joke of state we are in, rather than playing for clubs who average less than 1500 for for home games and have micky mouse stadiums.

Any fans with aspirations about anything higher next year, or moaning about how our players are shit and wont be good enough to compete for promotion need to wake up if AL and co are still around.

34 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm as optimistic as the next man but even I think Sheridan is living in a dream world if he thinks he can get a side together to get promoted next season...

Thought you’d be tipping us for champions!!😆😆

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm as optimistic as the next man but even I think Sheridan is living in a dream world if he thinks he can get a side together to get promoted next season...

Might be after some at Swindon, Carlisle and Chesterfield he knows?

Archived