EFL retained lists

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, deyres42 said:

Common sense, why would they restrict you for two months of the off season?

So it's not a known fact then.  I can see exactly why they would restrict a club that can't pay its bills from racking up new ones

Just now, Dave_Og said:

So it's not a known fact then.  I can see exactly why they would restrict a club that can't pay its bills from racking up new ones

So June and July you are restricted but come August 1 you're not? Can't see it.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

So June and July you are restricted but come August 1 you're not? Can't see it.

I can see a way that until current contracts expire new ones may not be able to be entered into and that's June 30.  Either way it's just speculation

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Contracts run to end June.  Can you see us paying the current lot and adding a new squad to the payroll?

If we are signing players who aren't having their contracts renewed, I don't think we officially start paying them until 1st July (after their current contract has ended). For example, Nicky Maynard has just been released by Tranmere but I'm 99.6% certain that they still pay him until 30th June...

51 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I can see a way that until current contracts expire new ones may not be able to be entered into and that's June 30.  Either way it's just speculation

Sorry, just seen you've already said what I just posted...

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

If we are signing players who aren't having their contracts renewed, I don't think we officially start paying them until 1st July (after their current contract has ended). For example, Nicky Maynard has just been released by Tranmere but I'm 99.6% certain that they still pay him until 30th June...

Yes, I'm sure that's right.  I imagine the intention is to make it easier for him to look for a new club.  I don't know the status of the embargo now so just pointing out that stating speculation as fact isn't especially helpful

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Has their ever been more anticipation over a retained list. Credit to the club for building the tension here are they going to commit to the shitstorm here by offering long extensions to Diarra Fage and Hopcutt.

Word on Twatter is both Fage and Hopcutt are released 

Another great endorsement of the worst Sporting Director in the entire world of sport as he was adamant "too many clubs want" Dylan 

Yes I've seen that the clip re-emerge of Mo saying with a straight face that Dylan Fage is a big big talent.

When we get the club back can we release a feature length DVD of the Royton Cricket Club Fans Forum some special moments by some special men in that.

Actually that would be a brilliant way to raise cash for the contingency fund 😀 

7 hours ago, disjointed said:

Perhaps Pete G has the answers to this one. As it seems that we are guessing what the contract situation will be. 

Perhaps he has the answers, but per usual no doubt he won’t share them on here. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I hear Harrogate could releasing big centre forward Mark Beck.

IMO he'd be an ideal cheap option for Shez with his past experience of the National league.

I thought he was older than 28, most recently on loan at York City.

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

IMO he'd be an ideal cheap option for Shez with his past experience of the National league.

Bang average National league player.     Oh wait a minute 😂

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

As I suggested on Jan 5th, 

My Blackpool sources tell me this lad has been given a free transfer and is very good.

If anyone knows Shez perhaps they could pass it on. Also that big centre forward Mark Beck who would be ideal for us has been released by Harrogate.

My contacts at the club have now gone.

.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Antwi

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

My Blackpool sources tell me this lad has been given a free transfer and is very good.

If anyone knows Shez perhaps they could pass it on. Also that big centre forward Mark Beck who would be ideal for us has been released by Harrogate.

My contacts at the club have now gone.

.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Antwi

* Found a contact who has passed it on to Shez.

Archived