• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not really he's been steady since he came in but that wouldn't suit the narrative, you were all chanting his name a couple of weeks ago and had his own chant now he gets the wanker sign.

Nobody but happy clappers in the ground next season if you believe the hype so should be a nicer environment for players if nothing else.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes that's me, it's a great environment to bring kids through booing your team on to the pitch, its happened the last two games, cheering when the opposition scores and plenty of wanker signs being given out to the players before a ball as kicked, as has been said you pay your money and you are entitled to do as you please but it's hardly worth holding a post mortem on players performances especially young ones playing in that environment.

Just look at Rogers yesterday who looked quite shocked at the shit he was getting as I sat behind him, his confidence nose dived after that and he had a nightmare imagine being a kid in that environment. 

Thought Vaughan coped quite well, Couto looks nervous to me after having a bright start for us, felt sorry for him to be honest but I'm sure he will come back stronger in the future. 

We are no different to any club. 

We have people who will turn up no matter what is happening, because their afternoon out supersedes anything else- they are our happy clappers. I, for one- can’t not understand how anyone can enjoy their afternoon watching the continual decline and losing football most weeks. They’re an ever decreasing minority. 

We have die hards who will turn up no matter what, but they refuse to sit quietly and clap the decline- they will shout abuse at players, because they want to vent how much it hurts. I agree with you that this doesn’t help players, however this group you refer to- is a tiny minority. 

The majority just don’t go because they’re fair minded people who don’t want to clap shite and give money to people who don’t care. Equally they realise that shouting abuse isn’t good for them or the players. Much better ways to spend an afternoon. 

You’re trying characterise our fanbase as a bunch of fruit loops, who are hell bent on the demise of the club- which is simply untrue. 

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Nobody but happy clappers in the ground next season if you believe the hype so should be a nicer environment for players if nothing else.

Aye, will be a very strange place. Where nobody questions anything and they sit aimlessly watching people running around.

Do not speak signs everywhere. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Aye, will be a very strange place. Where nobody questions anything and they sit aimlessly watching people running around.

Do not speak signs everywhere. 

Until we win a couple of games when plenty will come flooding back to 'support Shez'...

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Until we win a couple of games when plenty will come flooding back to 'support Shez'...

It was ever thus. 

I’ve always said that if AL got results and we did ok, most wouldn’t care about the off field stuff. Unfortunately he’s presided over the worst period in our history- and the dye is cast. 

Shez will do nothing in that league and fans won’t come flooding back- because we have no money and the decline will continue. 

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It was ever thus. 

I’ve always said that if AL got results and we did ok, most wouldn’t care about the off field stuff. Unfortunately he’s presided over the worst period in our history- and the dye is cast. 

Shez will do nothing in that league and fans won’t come flooding back- because we have no money and the decline will continue. 

I don't think it is beyond the realms that he manages to put together a competitive squad and possibly get off to a decent start, be interesting to see what would happen if that were the case.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I don't think it is beyond the realms that he manages to put together a competitive squad and possibly get off to a decent start, be interesting to see what would happen if that were the case.

If by some miracle he got a decent start, and by that I mean winning the first 4 or 5- there is no question some would return. It would then need to be sustained over a long period to keep them coming; as I think the durability of most fans to watch us lose is at all time low. 

But it’s all pie in sky for me. We lose the EFL money, we aren’t selling any season tickets. So either AL puts the short fall in- which he won’t. Or we cut our cloth again, and as we’ve seen, you get what you pay for. 

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If by some miracle he got a decent start, and by that I mean winning the first 4 or 5- there is no question some would return. It would then need to be sustained over a long period to keep them coming; as I think the durability of most fans to watch us lose is at all time low. 

But it’s all pie in sky for me. We lose the EFL money, we aren’t selling any season tickets. So either AL puts the short fall in- which he won’t. Or we cut our cloth again, and as we’ve seen, you get what you pay for. 

Think with recruitment there will be difference in that we will be seen as an attractive proposition to play for in the NL.

Also Owen, for all his many faults, will surely be stressing to the Lemsagams the need to leave Sheridan alone to get on with the job, whether that materialises or not is a different matter of course.

19 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Attractive proposition = good wages, right area of the country.

We won't be paying well, and we have a lot of clubs competing for the same pool of players.

In which case our size in terms of the division will be a help for the first time in a very long time.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

In which case our size in terms of the division will be a help for the first time in a very long time.

That's my point - our size doesn't mean much to players if it doesn't translate into wages.

If Altrincham are offering more than us, players will go there instead.  And I don't think they are paying the likes of Ryan Colclough just £800 pw as it is.

3 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

That's my point - our size doesn't mean much to players if it doesn't translate into wages.

If Altrincham are offering more than us, players will go there instead.  And I don't think they are paying the likes of Ryan Colclough just £800 pw as it is.

Of course but it isn't all going to be about wages at that level, we will be a draw.

And there's no transfer window so bigger potential to wheel and deal.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Of course but it isn't all going to be about wages at that level, we will be a draw.

And there's no transfer window so bigger potential to wheel and deal.

I didn’t know there wasn’t a transfer window, which does make things a bit easier to be fair. 

17 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Altrincham are going full time next season.

And can we be sure AL won't default on paying wages, which might be  a concern for any player thinking of signing for us?

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Not really he's been steady since he came in but that wouldn't suit the narrative, you were all chanting his name a couple of weeks ago and had his own chant now he gets the wanker sign.

Steady yet we have conceded 75 goals this season granted not just his fault but he has been at fault for a fair number. @Yarddog73 your apathy for a squad relegated out of the football league is what the issue really is. If we really want a chance of promotion next year. Get rid of them all and start again. 

20 hours ago, League one forever said:

Which is what I've said before, but keep being told that season ticket sales and attendances make no difference to the playing budget

11 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Which is what I've said before, but keep being told that season ticket sales and attendances make no difference to the playing budget

Well, whoever is saying that- lives in a parallel universe and has completely missed the year on year decline of the squad. 

Which is why I'd find it hard to boycott, as it's the playing side that suffers, hence, as you say the year on year decline. i can't see that it hurts Abdallah, as he couldn't care less and won't stump up any more than he's put in

15 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Steady yet we have conceded 75 goals this season granted not just his fault but he has been at fault for a fair number. @Yarddog73 your apathy for a squad relegated out of the football league is what the issue really is. If we really want a chance of promotion next year. Get rid of them all and start again. 

Okay I'll take your word for it, as for if we want a chance of promotion why don't you get behind Shez again and support your team, getting rid of everyone doesn't solve the problem, getting rid of the owner may but that may not happen whatever you decide to do, at least half a dozen of this team would be good enough for the division we are going in to, I watch non league football on a regular basis and we do have players good enough to compete, under Shez we went half a dozen games unbeaten put 5 past the champions and lost/drew a whole host of games because much of the squad was mentally weak, four or five decent signing experienced leaders and we would be well in the mix but for some strange reason half of our fan base are frothing at the mouth at the prospect of Shez failing.

As for my support being viewed as apathetic I feel that is the wrong description, I'm excited and enthusiastic for the journey next season, I've accepted where we are wanted Corney gone and was hopeful we'd progress when he left but look where that left us, I still despise the bloke for handing us over to a complete fuckwit but I'd have those League 1 days back in a heartbeat, fans of clubs like ours should be careful what we wish for Bury are a good example of that so for now I will support my team in the hope that a buyer can be found before we go out of business.

It doesn't mean I agree or support the current regime but it's the choice I've made, in any case if we get our EFL status back we may become more appealing to prospective owners, I personally fear if we don't return this season we are done and will be the next Bury or Macclesfield so on that basis I'm happy to go again particularly with Shez at the helm.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

but for some strange reason half of our fan base are frothing at the mouth at the prospect of Shez failing

You’re just making things up, you can’t possibly know half our fan base.

More importantly I don’t think one fan wants Shez to fail, they want the owners to fail. In addition I think some are  just disappointed his name will continue to be associated with our continual decline, and would prefer the owners to reap what they sow all on their own. Without his legend status being attached to it. 

Lastly, you can stay positive all you want- but two things are indisputable- we are hardly selling season tickets and we’ve lost the EFL money. If you genuinely think that AL is going to put 500/600k into the club to keep us competitive, when he didn’t pay the EFL loan off (which was much less) then I think you’re in for a shock. No manager can work miracles with no budget, and I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if we go down again. 

Could be wrong, but thought the loan was repaid automatically through EFL solidarity payments and that we are due a full sum this coming season as a parachute payment. 

Still doesn't make it a great situation.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

You’re just making things up, you can’t possibly know half our fan base.

More importantly I don’t think one fan wants Shez to fail, they want the owners to fail. In addition I think some are  just disappointed his name will continue to be associated with our continual decline, and would prefer the owners to reap what they sow all on their own. Without his legend status being attached to it. 

Lastly, you can stay positive all you want- but two things are indisputable- we are hardly selling season tickets and we’ve lost the EFL money. If you genuinely think that AL is going to put 500/600k into the club to keep us competitive, when he didn’t pay the EFL loan off (which was much less) then I think you’re in for a shock. No manager can work miracles with no budget, and I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if we go down again. 

The irony of claiming I am making things up to then go on and post your own opinion based on a budget you haven't got a clue about.

Do you reckon Shez has signed without assurances then? I'm pretty sure he signed with some certainties in place one of them being he would head recruitment, he has nothing to gain from staying he would still be revered by our fans which tells me he is confident he can have a go, now I'm not claiming we are going to piss the League far from it but I will reserve judgement on whether we are going to go down again once he has had chance to assemble a squad, I am hearing of a couple of signings in the pipeline which may dispel your myth but like I've said I will wait and see before writing us off.

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

Could be wrong, but thought the loan was repaid automatically through EFL solidarity payments and that we are due a full sum this coming season as a parachute payment. 

Still doesn't make it a great situation.

We've also lost the £700k payment from the Premier league so I hope the EFL loan is now paid off!!!

1 minute ago, mick26 said:

We've also lost the £700k payment from the Premier league so I hope the EFL loan is now paid off!!!

Brad Knowles suggested it was a two year repayment but the restrictions were just for one year.

Archived