5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Okay I'll take your word for it, as for if we want a chance of promotion why don't you get behind Shez again and support your team, getting rid of everyone doesn't solve the problem, getting rid of the owner may but that may not happen whatever you decide to do, at least half a dozen of this team would be good enough for the division we are going in to, I watch non league football on a regular basis and we do have players good enough to compete, under Shez we went half a dozen games unbeaten put 5 past the champions and lost/drew a whole host of games because much of the squad was mentally weak, four or five decent signing experienced leaders and we would be well in the mix but for some strange reason half of our fan base are frothing at the mouth at the prospect of Shez failing.

As for my support being viewed as apathetic I feel that is the wrong description, I'm excited and enthusiastic for the journey next season, I've accepted where we are wanted Corney gone and was hopeful we'd progress when he left but look where that left us, I still despise the bloke for handing us over to a complete fuckwit but I'd have those League 1 days back in a heartbeat, fans of clubs like ours should be careful what we wish for Bury are a good example of that so for now I will support my team in the hope that a buyer can be found before we go out of business.

It doesn't mean I agree or support the current regime but it's the choice I've made, in any case if we get our EFL status back we may become more appealing to prospective owners, I personally fear if we don't return this season we are done and will be the next Bury or Macclesfield so on that basis I'm happy to go again particularly with Shez at the helm.

The 5-5 draw v FGR happened under Selim.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

The irony of claiming I am making things up to then go on and post your own opinion based on a budget you haven't got a clue about.

You’re getting desperate now. 

I know we’ve sold less than 400 season tickets. 

I know we’ve just lost circa £400k in EFL money. 

That isn’t made up. 

Unlike you, who claims to know half the fanbase. 

Nor did I claim to know the budget, again- you’ve made that up as well.

I said that someone is going to have to make the shortfall up if we are to be competitive. It’s not pocket change either,  it’s the region of 6/700k we will lose. 

Do you honestly believe that AL will pay that shortfall to make us competitive when he wouldn’t pay the EFL Loan off to keep us in the league???

Or do you honestly believe he’ll pay for a better squad in the NL than he did in league two, with a lot less money coming in? Just to remind you- our budget this season didn’t allow for a recognised striker all season. . . so what does that tell you about next year?? 

I have no idea what the budget will be, but the overwhelming evidence suggests that AL will give Shez the bare bones, and when he signs 4 or 5 some will start ‘believing’ again.

It’s absolute nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That isn’t made up. 

I said that someone is going to have to make the shortfall up if we are to be competitive. It’s not pocket change either,  it’s the region of 6/700k we will lose. 

Do you honestly believe that AL will pay that shortfall to make us competitive when he wouldn’t pay the EFL Loan off to keep us in the league???

Or do you honestly believe he’ll pay for a better squad in the NL than he did in league two, with a lot less money coming in? Just to remind you- our budget this season didn’t allow for a recognised striker all season. . . so what does that tell you about next year?? 

I have no idea what the budget will be, but the overwhelming evidence suggests that AL will give Shez the bare bones, and when he signs 4 or 5 some will start ‘believing’ again.

It’s absolute nonsense. 

Let's wait and see then, only a couple of months and all will be revealed.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Let's wait and see then, only a couple of months and all will be revealed.

In the case of this lot past performance is generally a pretty reliable guide to the future. How's that doing everything possible to boost the squad to avoid relegation going? 

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That isn’t made up. 

It’s absolute nonsense. 

You couldn't just pay off the loan, this myth needs putting to bed.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Enlighten me? 

Fair do’s. 

From what I've been told they were essentially hardship loans, so you had to show why you needed it. Questions would have been asked if he suddenly rustled up half a million quid that he said he didn't have a few months earlier.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

From what I've been told they were essentially hardship loans, so you had to show why you needed it. Questions would have been asked if he suddenly rustled up half a million quid that he said he didn't have a few months earlier.

I can understand that to a degree, but equally they surely aren’t designed to hamstring clubs.

He could of said, I’ve no got crowds with covid and bills to pay etc. A few months later crowds are back, and he’s not allowed to pay it back?? 

Doesn’t sound right to me.

Does anyone know the actual rules, regarding repayment? 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I can understand that to a degree, but equally they surely aren’t designed to hamstring clubs.

He could of said, I’ve no got crowds with covid and bills to pay etc. A few months later crowds are back, and he’s not allowed to pay it back?? 

Doesn’t sound right to me.

Does anyone know the actual rules, regarding repayment? 

It might have been different with a player sale, don't know the intricacies of it to be honest.

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

That isn’t made up. 

It’s absolute nonsense. 

Aren't we selling Vaughan and Couto to finance next season?

28 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Haven't seen it reported that they did.

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

They haven’t 

I thought only us and Scunthorpe were left under embargo but seems I’m wrong about that. 

Have Swindon and Scunthorpe been under the same restrictions we have then?

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I thought only us and Scunthorpe were left under embargo but seems I’m wrong about that. 

Have Swindon and Scunthorpe been under the same restrictions we have then?

Yep

30 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Yep

Not all EFL loans and restrictions were the same. Swindon paid back the money meaning they could pay whatever they wanted on wages but were still monitored on numbers in the squad and massive scrutiny over their accounts because they had paid off early so technically were still under embargo. That’s how they managed to sign Jonny Williams the Welsh international.  

16 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Not all EFL loans and restrictions were the same. Swindon paid back the money meaning they could pay whatever they wanted on wages but were still monitored on numbers in the squad and massive scrutiny over their accounts because they had paid off early so technically were still under embargo. That’s how they managed to sign Jonny Williams the Welsh international.  

Cheers Adam, 

That answers my earlier question, that it could of been paid off- but we still may have be monitored which would be reasonable by the EFL in the circumstance. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Cheers Adam, 

That answers my earlier question, that it could of been paid off- but we still may have be monitored which would be reasonable by the EFL in the circumstance. 

No worries.

Ours hasn’t been paid off as of yet that I am aware. The restrictions run out the 31st July I believe as the restrictions are set by the EFL and can’t be enforced outside the league. 

The budget will be fine for next season, we will also be able to pay key players much more than £800 and then bulk out the squad with less earners and youth. Club has also received a nice windfall which adds up to more than season ticket sales. Not sure who said we've only sold 300-400 but its significantly more too.

34 minutes ago, PeteG said:

The budget will be fine for next season, we will also be able to pay key players much more than £800 and then bulk out the squad with less earners and youth. Club has also received a nice windfall which adds up to more than season ticket sales. Not sure who said we've only sold 300-400 but its significantly more too.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Has anyone told the ticket office? As that's not what they are telling supporters when asked

Or is all this the "half we don't know" and you and the fire warden won't tell?

Let me guess? The "windafall" is revealed that's its been City all along "WHO WANTS DYLAN FAGE"

thanks for the laugh 

33 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Does it matter how much money we have though when we have clowns in charge of recruitment? When we only sign players that have certain agents, this is what has got us relegated twice. Even if we have a top ten budget (which I don't think will have), we have bottom five recruitment. 

49 minutes ago, PeteG said:

The budget will be fine for next season, we will also be able to pay key players much more than £800 and then bulk out the squad with less earners and youth. Club has also received a nice windfall which adds up to more than season ticket sales. Not sure who said we've only sold 300-400 but its significantly more too. And Barry Owen is up there with Ferguson, Paisley, Clough, Pep and Klopp when it comes to guiding football clubs to unparalleled success.

FTFY.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

A windfall? Did Barry find a twenty quid note blowing across Clayton??  Seriously, if you know stuff go on the pod and talk about it. 

39 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Does it matter how much money we have though when we have clowns in charge of recruitment? When we only sign players that have certain agents, this is what has got us relegated twice. Even if we have a top ten budget (which I don't think will have), we have bottom five recruitment. 

John Sheridan has said he will be in charge of recruitment...

Archived