Protest Today

27 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's called support, if you don't want to clap you can always sit at home - got to be wired up wrong to pay in and boo your own team, tell me what it achieves - I'll tell you, fuck all.

This shower of shit deserve to be booed, if you pay your money to attend and you want to boo, crack on I say. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, deyres42 said:

No, I've never paid to go somewhere in my leisure time with the intention of not trying to enjoy it.

I'm sure everyone who attends wants to enjoy it, the players have made it un-enjoyable. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

It's called support, if you don't want to clap you can always sit at home - got to be wired up wrong to pay in and boo your own team, tell me what it achieves - I'll tell you, fuck all.

Just wow

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Scored 3 goals n felt nothing 

Watched every minute 

No booing from me 
No clapping either 

Felt far worse at Northampton the other year 

Was inevitable we would go down this year

IF: 
> JS to be in charge of current squad retention or release 
> JS to be in charge of recruitment targets and team selection 
> Pricing structure for U16/18s to be reviewed 
> Regular updates on sale of the Club 

I might attend some games next season 

If not am not going at all next season 

23 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Watched every minute 

No booing from me 
No clapping either 

IF: 

There needs to be an update on pricing structure for all

They have sold less than 300 season tickets so far 

Under current structure its £330 after early bird periods

I'm not buying anyway but I certainly wouldn't at that price 

54 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Stockport season tickets were c£300 this season and it was their 10th season out of the Football League 

It wont be cheaper to get in 

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Watched every minute 

No booing from me 
No clapping either 

IF: 

Even watching that durex helped lift the gloom i felt

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Controversial view maybe but we have supporters who will go to games no matter what league we are in or whoever the owner is 

£200 for an Adult season ticket to watch 22 Home games (I think) is a bargain

I was at the protest yesterday. Maybe it was just me and how I was feeling but it l felt a bit subdued compared to the protest earlier in the season. To be expected perhaps with our fate sealed.

David Eyres walked past the protest crowd on his way into the club's main entrance and as far as I could see I was the only one who recognised him...until he was spotted by one of the protest speakers. Felt a bit embarrassed that one of our favourite players of the last 20 years didn't get some attention. 

He looks exactly the same as well - the lad is wearing well.

15 minutes ago, Yard Dog said:

I was at the protest yesterday. Maybe it was just me and how I was feeling but it l felt a bit subdued compared to the protest earlier in the season. To be expected perhaps with our fate sealed.

David Eyres walked past the protest crowd on his way into the club's main entrance and as far as I could see I was the only one who recognised him...until he was spotted by one of the protest speakers. Felt a bit embarrassed that one of our favourite players of the last 20 years didn't get some attention. 

I mentioned it during my speech. Very subdued and almost funeral like. Really sad it has come to this. 

Managed to speak with Eyresy before he went in and he said he didn’t know why he had come to the game. Only came for Shez. Wasn’t impressed with the ownership. He is still running his own football agency. 

8 hours ago, Yard Dog said:

Protest thing was done in January, as said before can't switch it on and off when it suits and expect to be taken seriously, boycott thing is last throw of the dice but even that looks half hearted.

Ultimately people have had best part of two years of being told what to do and who they can see so can understand the weariness, use of terms like regime that suggest we are on a war footing don't help along with the idea that wanting to go and support your team is a bad thing.

Those involved in the supporter groups have done plenty of good work and my suggestion to them would be to stick to the background stuff.

Cue the replies from the usual suspects accusing me of trolling.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Protest thing was done in January, as said before can't switch it on and off when it suits and expect to be taken seriously, boycott thing is last throw of the dice but even that looks half hearted.

Ultimately people have had best part of two years of being told what to do and who they can see so can understand the weariness, use of terms like regime that suggest we are on a war footing don't help along with the idea that wanting to go and support your team is a bad thing.

Those involved in the supporter groups have done plenty of good work and my suggestion to them would be to stick to the background stuff.

Cue the replies from the usual suspects accusing me of trolling’

Here’s the thing @deyres42… the majority of your posts tend to read like trolling, hence the accusations. And I suspect that you know this to be true.

As a fan base we hold differing opinions and adopt differing approaches to how we deal with ‘protesting’ against the current owners. This is always the case at any club you look at.

You are correct when you talk of a weariness - that is inevitable after years of protest that don’t seem to have improved the situation.

As in every walk of life, there are some who take up the baton - the supporter groups have been at the forefront of the protests, bringing our plight to the attention of the nation and yet you write that they should ‘stick to the background stuff’… 

In my opinion, these groups should be more visible going forward. They should continue to lead the fans protest and continue to hold the current regime (the appropriate term) to account.

Abdallah has stated that he is willing to sell. Time will tell if he is true to his word.

33 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Cue the replies from the usual suspects accusing me of trolling’

Here’s the thing @deyres42… the majority of your posts tend to read like trolling, hence the accusations. And I suspect that you know this to be true.

As a fan base we hold differing opinions and adopt differing approaches to how we deal with ‘protesting’ against the current owners. This is always the case at any club you look at.

You are correct when you talk of a weariness - that is inevitable after years of protest that don’t seem to have improved the situation.

As in every walk of life, there are some who take up the baton - the supporter groups have been at the forefront of the protests, bringing our plight to the attention of the nation and yet you write that they should ‘stick to the background stuff’… 

In my opinion, these groups should be more visible going forward. They should continue to lead the fans protest and continue to hold the current regime (the appropriate term) to account.

Abdallah has stated that he is willing to sell. Time will tell if he is true to his word.

But I wouldn't blame in the slightest the leaders of those groups from being weary at having put in an awful lot of effort but to be faced with almost constant criticism for not getting everything absolutely right all the time.

29 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But I wouldn't blame in the slightest the leaders of those groups from being weary at having put in an awful lot of effort but to be faced with almost constant criticism for not getting everything absolutely right all the time.

If you stand up and speak out then there will inevitably be some who are critical of what you say. 
I would argue that there is a minority who constantly criticise but also that the vast majority are supportive (and grateful) for what the supporter groups are attempting to do.

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

If you stand up and speak out then there will inevitably be some who are critical of what you say. 
I would argue that there is a minority who constantly criticise but also that the vast majority are supportive (and grateful) for what the supporter groups are attempting to do.

Social media is the problem - the negative voices always predominate.  

12 hours ago, deyres42 said:

You have come out with some tripe in recent weeks, but that takes the biscuit.

Definition of "Regime"

noun

a government, especially an authoritarian one.

a system or ordered way of doing things.

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

You have come out with some tripe in recent weeks, but that takes the biscuit.

Definition of "Regime"

noun

a government, especially an authoritarian one.

a system or ordered way of doing things.

Just call them the owners, not hard.

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Just call them the owners, not hard.

I'll call them what I like, thank you.

In fact regime is a perfectly apt description as it encompasses not only the Chuckle Brothers but Knacker of the Yard and the system of control at the club as well. If you are offended by attacks on ALMOBO you have my deepest sympathy.

18 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I'll call them what I like, thank you.

In fact regime is a perfectly apt description as it encompasses not only the Chuckle Brothers but Knacker of the Yard and the system of control at the club as well. If you are offended by attacks on ALMOBO you have my deepest sympathy.

Righty ho.

Archived