Protest Today

Just want to take this opportunity echo any praise for the work and attempted work of the fan groups.

ld also like to piff in the general direction of the singular lame arsed effort at grain going against. whilst not rubbishing the general concept of going against of said grain l would recommend a re evaluation of standpoints. theres a certain charm to the boxer who dies on his feet, the guy who loses his final penny betting on him however..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Just want to take this opportunity echo any praise for the work and attempted work of the fan groups.

ld also like to piff in the general direction of the singular lame arsed effort at grain going against. whilst not rubbishing the general concept of going against of said grain l would recommend a re evaluation of standpoints. theres a certain charm to the boxer who dies on his feet, the guy who loses his final penny betting on him however..

I think the whip will be produced again to give the deceased equine another going over. 

On 5/9/2022 at 6:14 AM, deyres42 said:

Protest thing was done in January, as said before can't switch it on and off when it suits and expect to be taken seriously, boycott thing is last throw of the dice but even that looks half hearted.

Ultimately people have had best part of two years of being told what to do and who they can see so can understand the weariness, use of terms like regime that suggest we are on a war footing don't help along with the idea that wanting to go and support your team is a bad thing.

Those involved in the supporter groups have done plenty of good work and my suggestion to them would be to stick to the background stuff.

Cue the replies from the usual suspects accusing me of trolling.

Can you define "background stuff" for me?  Because I don't think your world weary, "what can I do" and generally shrugging your shoulders approach as you make your way though this is likely to change anything.

All the available evidence suggests that your club is being inexorably mismanaged Into oblivion. At what point do you think people should abandon the "background stuff" and start fighting back? 

11 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Can you define "background stuff" for me?  Because I don't think your world weary, "what can I do" and generally shrugging your shoulders approach as you make your way though this is likely to change anything.

All the available evidence suggest that your club is being inexorably mismanaged Into oblivion. At what point do you think people should abandon the "background stuff" and start fighting back? 

The work with the FSA, MP's, the 1895 Fund etc, all to be applauded and commended.

Telling fans who want to attend games they are part of the problem, not so much.

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The work with the FSA, MP's, the 1895 Fund etc, all to be applauded and commended.

Telling fans who want to attend games they are part of the problem, not so much.

Life is full of uncomfortable truths.  I take no position on the boycott as I live too far away for it to be personally relevant

34 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Thanks for that.

I am even more confused though. You clearly don't like what you see as a half-hearted approach to boycotts.  But you seem to be advocating a half-hearted, two tier approach to everything else.

I wouldn't describe work with FSA, MPs and all the other things as "background" either, although I understand why you might see it that way. In my experience, fighting on multiple fronts is part of the way you eventually win, so these things are much more important than you suggest.

7 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Thanks for that.

I am even more confused though. You clearly don't like what you see as a half-hearted approach to boycotts.  But you seem to be advocating a half-hearted, two tier approach to everything else.

I wouldn't describe work with FSA, MPs and all the other things as "background" either, although I understand why you might see it that way. In my experience, fighting on multiple fronts is part of the way you eventually win, so these things are much more important than you suggest.

Boycotting to me means you boycott everything and commit to it no matter what, when that happens I will take it seriously.

The current owner is just as entitled to have a valuation on what they own as any prospective owner has, we might not like it or agree with it but that's where we are.

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Boycotting to me means you boycott everything and commit to it no matter what, when that happens I will take it seriously.

The current owner is just as entitled to have a valuation on what they own as any prospective owner has, we might not like it or agree with it but that's where we are.

So you think that the supporters groups should be simultaneously both "boycotting everything"  AND just concentrating on "background stuff"?  How does that work?

4 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

So you think that the supporters groups should be simultaneously both "boycotting everything"  AND just concentrating on "background stuff"?  How does that work?

I gave my interpretation of background stuff earlier.

Boycotting mainly relates to attending matches.

Archived