Playoffs 2021/22

Stevie_J

The following predictors will battle it out in this year's playoffs:

Championship: 

League One:

So the playoff fixtures look like this:

Championship:
@Stevie_Jv @Bristolatic(Mansfield v Northampton) 
@Dave_Og v @SAV (Swindon v Port Vale)

League One:
@deyres42 v @MrPartyPants6 (Mansfield v Northampton)
@alien v @the_mighty_bosh (Swindon v Port Vale)

You each need to submit predictions for the corresponding fixtures above (both legs).  This will be submitted in the old school style by posting your predictions in this thread (not to be submitted or edited after 10 mins before the stated kick-off time).  You should include an attendance as part of your prediction.  Since Latics narrowly missed out on the playoffs, first scorer predictions will be for the first scorer of the game, not for a particular team as with Latics fixtures.

The winning players will then play off in a final, by predicting the outcome of the League Two playoff final, the winner of which will be promoted.  Predictions for all playoff fixtures are for the 90 mins, not extra time or penalties.

In the event of a draw in the final, the winner will be determined by the closest attendance prediction, then by total points scored in the playoffs, then by previous attendance predictions if still level.

You can PM your second leg predictions to me, if you’d like - to prevent any shenanigans such as duplication of an opponent’s prediction. Otherwise, I will hide second leg predictions.  If you then want to edit, just submit another prediction in the thread (your last one before the time cut off will count).

First leg results:

Championship:

@Stevie_J 1-2 @Bristolatic

@Dave_Og 1-11 @SAV

League One:

@deyres42 5-1 @MrPartyPants6

@alien 0-1 @the_mighty_bosh

Devastating performance from SAV who is surely bound for the Championship playoff final. All to play for elsewhere, going into the second legs. No prediction from alien but they’re still in it after Bosh managed just the single point. 

25 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

First leg results:

Championship:

@Dave_Og 1-11 @SAV

League One:

@deyres42 2-1 @MrPartyPants6

Devastating performance from SAV who is surely bound for the Championship playoff final. All to play for elsewhere, going into the second legs. No prediction from alien but they’re still in it after Bosh managed just the single point. 

I think I may need to get the second leg attendance bang on!

18 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

First leg results:

Championship:

@Dave_Og 1-11 @SAV

League One:

@deyres42 5-1 @MrPartyPants6

So I won 1-0 against a team that literally didn't compete!  Talk about a hollow victory!  😄

7 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

So I won 1-0 against a team that literally didn't compete!  Talk about a hollow victory!  😄

Latics would have lost 3-0 against a team who didn't turn up, take the positives. 

Bristolatic’s 2nd leg prediction (sent by PM):

Northampton 2-1 Mansfield (HT 0-1)

First scorer - Bowery

Attendance - 9024

Not that it matters, since I forgot to predict, so the old feller strolls into the final. 

7 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

Bristolatic’s 2nd leg prediction (sent by PM):

Northampton 2-1 Mansfield (HT 0-1)

First scorer - Bowery

Attendance - 9024

Not that it matters, since I forgot to predict, so the old feller strolls into the final. 

All pumped up for this as well. We got soaked out there waiting for you to turn up.

Archived