Stands open next season.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Have we not gone beyond that? Abdallahs tenure has been an unmitigated disaster and I'm not sure what would change the minds of those who've decided enough is enough, If Abdallah came out reaffirmed his desire to sell, promised to stay away along with his brother and shitpeas and give Shez full autonomy with a budget to challenge would that help? I'm not sure.

If they were just promises then no that wouldn’t help as he’s proved time and time again that he’s full of shit. 

But there are things he could actually do that would bring the fans onside. He won’t. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Have we not gone beyond that? Abdallahs tenure has been an unmitigated disaster and I'm not sure what would change the minds of those who've decided enough is enough, If Abdallah came out reaffirmed his desire to sell, promised to stay away along with his brother and shitpeas and give Shez full autonomy with a budget to challenge would that help? I'm not sure.

You're right, fuck him. 

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

They’ve tried that but met a brick wall. It needs to come back the other way now. 

The owners have stated they’re selling the club, which will happen in time. There’s no reason why there couldn’t be an amicable relationship with fans in the ground in the meantime. Other than the club not wanting one of course. 

From what I have read, a large portion of the Oldham fanbase want it even less than the club do...

31 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

From what I have read, a large portion of the Oldham fanbase want it even less than the club do...

I don’t mean rebuild the relationship so AL stays. I mean rebuild it so the period of time between now and new owners being found is not damaging/confrontational. 

There are plenty of things the club could do (rather than promise) that could achieve that. 

5 hours ago, tGWB said:

I cant speak on their behalf but if the club takes a few common sense tablets and reviews the pricing structure positively for U18s and below they could well return

if you actually believe this then send them an email letting them know but make sure they send you some of the tablets in return.

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

if you actually believe this then send them an email letting them know but make sure they send you some of the tablets in return.

Howled 😂😂

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Who owns the stands, thought Blitz was North Stand only?

Blimey BP

Youre on here nearly every day and you dont know who owns what 🤦‍♂️

33 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Blimey BP

Youre on here nearly every day and you dont know who owns what 🤦‍♂️

I don't think I'm the only one confused by who owns what at this club.

Break it down for me listing all the parties concerned.

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Brassbank own the ground and all surrounding land. Simple as that. 

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I have no insider knowledge BP but happy to do so 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Brassbank own the ground and all surrounding land. Simple as that. 

While AL is the (very significantly) majority shareholder of OAFC (2004) Ltd.  The assets of that company are player contracts (!), a few bits of office furniture and not much else.  Anything else that makes up the price being asked for it is 'goodwill' which kind of suggests that rumours that accountants have no sense of humour are some way wide of the mark.  The FLG individuals do not own any bricks and mortar.  

I've suggested several times that the foundation publishes these details and other relevant actual facts and keeps them front and centre as I do find it remarkable that engaged fans remain unaware of these sorts of details

41 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

While AL is the (very significantly) majority shareholder of OAFC (2004) Ltd.  The assets of that company are player contracts (!), a few bits of office furniture and not much else.  Anything else that makes up the price being asked for it is 'goodwill' which kind of suggests that rumours that accountants have no sense of humour are some way wide of the mark.  The FLG individuals do not own any bricks and mortar.  

I've suggested several times that the foundation publishes these details and other relevant actual facts and keeps them front and centre as I do find it remarkable that engaged fans remain unaware of these sorts of details

Wonder if he still has Corney's ripped chair

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

The last point is something that needs to happen, though I’m not sure the wider fan base who arnt as engaged will ever fully understand which then leads to the current situation of no one really knowing. 
But agreed that the structure of club should be created and published, and the foundation should use that structure as the centre of any plan. I.e they target specific parts of the structure to raise funds and gain control, they rank each component by importance ect ect. It really should be the centre of the plan to give focus, hopefully this will be shared tonight. 

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

The last point is something that needs to happen, though I’m not sure the wider fan base who arnt as engaged will ever fully understand which then leads to the current situation of no one really knowing. 
But agreed that the structure of club should be created and published, and the foundation should use that structure as the centre of any plan. I.e they target specific parts of the structure to raise funds and gain control, they rank each component by importance ect ect. It really should be the centre of the plan to give focus, hopefully this will be shared tonight. 

Couldn't agree more

On 5/11/2022 at 10:43 PM, BP1960 said:

In 2003, Blitz Gazal Corney paid £7m for the football club. the stadium, the land the stadium and the surrounding land

• Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd was formed with Blitz Gazal and Corney as Directors
  • The stadium, the land it sits on and surrounding land were made assets of a separate company, Brassbank Ltd (Blitz & Gazal)

In 2010, Blitz and Gazal resigned as Directors of Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd saying " I have found it a constant battle and uphill struggle more recently and I don't feel that I am able to give the clubs supporters the contribution they are looking for in the future"

"Simon Corney will take over the reins as Chairman and I know that, along with Alan Hardy, Ian Hill and Barry Owen, they will be working hard to ensure the club can move forward"

In 2015 the North Stand was finally opened at a build cost of £6.5m, some £2m over the original budget. The build cost had a £700k Grant and £1.6m of Council Funds. 

The North Stand is owned by Brassbank Ltd (Blitz & Gazal)

In January 2018, Abdallah Lemsagam became the majority shareholder of the company Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd, taking over the 97% shares owned by Simon Corney, with the Trust retaining the other 3%.

This meant that the running of the club would be reliant on him as the owner, being responsible for any ongoing liabilities, debt and future investment at the club

Abdallah Lemsagam did not buy the stadium, the land it sits on or any surrounding land 

My personal view, without any insider information is that:

• Blitz and Gazal must have tried over the last 20 years to rid themselves of their attachment with the club, without success
  • The physical assets they originally purchased for £7m must have massively depreciated in value especially with the club having fallen out of the Football League. The stands will have depreciated on their accounts and that's before we take into account the monies needed to bring them up to a decent standard after years of poor maintenance
  • The land will have increased in value but is fairly useless to them  with a football stadium sat on it, further complicated by a difficult owner of the football club
  • The original £6.5m build cost of the North Stand will have depreciated in value on the books and additionally by the clubs fall out of the Football League, but not to the degree of the rest of the stadium
  • Average crowds in the National Conference will reduce fairly dramatically which obviously restricts the opportunity to improve our future on the pitch, with supporter revenue, sponsorship, tv monies etc all being significantly down, even compared to the last two years
  • A recent published accounts for Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd showed debts at the club of c£5m. The debt was not broken down but I suspect maybe £2m+ could well be monies Abdallah Lemsagam has put into the club which has been converted to loans
  • In most business acquisitions the assets of the purchase and revenue streams are considered along with the opportunity to grow the business. Its not unusual to pay the seller for a perceived value in the business of "goodwill" which is depreciated on the books going forward. You would need to be a genius to tackle that one at Latics

All in all, with the likely expectations of all parties tangled up in our club, I am not surprised at all that we haven't been able to find a good owner

Those are all the 'headlines' but as you know there are a good few other issues running that further muddy the waters 

Its a right mess 

Archived