My Fund raising page.

Good morning all,

I set up a just giving page yesterday asking ( begging ) people to donate to our club with raised funds going to the OASF trust fund.

It has reached £325 quite quickly with donations from Orient, Hereford, Rotherham, Sunderland, everton, Liverpool, Man Utd and a few anonymous ones too.

I spent all last evening up until 1am getting this page out to a lot of various media, famous, sports and ex footballers. I may have some interesting parties to speak to today but I cant divulge who but hopefully speaking to these people may help the page hit a more flush group of individuals.

I know of quite a few more people who have said they will donate but hzve'nt as of today but it has only been just over 24hrs.

I have done this as living so far away at the end of knowhere I feel I can't contribute the same as if I lived locally, and my job forces some restrictions on what I can and can't do also.

So if I put the link at the end of this waffle I would appreciate it if some or all ( even better ) could pass it on or spread it wherever you think may help.

I have informed Oasf of my page and intentions behind it and gave them a little insight to who I am, just incase people dont trust a random fund raising page. I am waiting for a reply from them.

Anyway here goes....

Http://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/stu-cocker-save-oldham-athletic

10 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I put this on the other fans board, Im getting some stick on there 🤦‍♂️

What other fans board ?

Could have some fun on there if they're giving you stick for that post maximus

4 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Who and why is anyone giving you any stick Maximus? 

Great initiative pal  

Just now, tGWB said:

What other fans board ?

Could have some fun on there if they're giving you stick for that post maximus

On the OAFC message board.

I understand the threat of scsmmers so I do understand people will have concerns, I have contacted our Oasf trust, just waiting for a redponse, maybe they need to back my page to make it more genuine.

So yes, Ive had a couple of people query my page but I do understand.

8 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Fantastic effort mate.

Anyone giving stick will likely be in the Partington, Birkett  Malpas cult so I wouldn't pay any attention 

They are saying I should be a registered charity, now my misses is agreeing with them.

Spent hours and hours  of my rest days trying to sort this, small setback but we fight on 

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Great initiative. As a committee member of the fund I can't give it explicit backing as we are not in control of it but much appreciated 

How do I get it backed the Dave ?

14 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

They are saying I should be a registered charity, now my misses is agreeing with them.

Spent hours and hours  of my rest days trying to sort this, small setback but we fight on 

If that was the case every Tom Dick & Harry doing crowdfunding for a trip to Disney Land would need to be a registered charity too 

It's no different to you running a 10k and asking for donations 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

If that was the case every Tom Dick & Harry doing crowdfunding for a trip to Disney Land would need to be a registered charity too 

I know chaddy, its the only place I have encountered any difficulty lol

It says on the page it doesn't have to be for a registerd charity. and can be used for a personal cause.

Ps, I think you need the media on board to spread the word.

BBC TV local news could be one source also the Oldham Times.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It says on the page it doesn't have to be for a registerd charity. and can be used for a personal cause.

Ps, I think you need the media on board to spread the word.

BBC TV local news could be one source also the Oldham Times.

Ive messaged Suzanne Geldard but still waiting for a response, I am still working on getting it out there today

44 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

In seriousness I don't think it can be. To give anything official backing there would have to be a full check of all elements of the process and I don't think that's practical 

Sorry, hope you understand. We can't risk anything going rogue, not suggesting for a second that's the case 

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

In seriousness I don't think it can be. To give anything official backing there would have to be a full check of all elements of the process and I don't think that's practical 

Sorry, hope you understand. We can't risk anything going rogue, not suggesting for a second that's the case 

NOTE: JustGiving Crowdfunding pages are not intended to raise money for charities, so you should read the description of them carefully and make your own decision regarding the authenticity and suitability of the recipient to receive your donation. It is your responsibility to ensure that the organisation or person to which you donate is the intended recipient.

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Wasn't aimed at you Dave - I get that stance

It was aimed at the people giving Maximus grief saying he should be a registered charity which just isn't the case as BP said, the website even states it.

I would like to tackle Kilimanjaro one day. There is absolutely nothing stopping me setting up a crowd funding page to fund it.

Not that many would donate like 

53 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I understand.

PTB & Oasf have just backed it on twitter for me after a few gentle pushes.

Anyway £435 in less than two days is a start.

Archived