TBC Tuesday 12 July 7:45pm Home
TBA Saturday 16 July 1pm Home
TBC Tuesday 19 July TBC TBC
TBA Saturday 23 July 3pm Home
TBC Friday 29 July (provisional) TBC

TBC

Why 1pm on 16th Juy?

• 3 weeks later...

Bamber Bridge (away) Sat July 9 (kick-off 3pm)

Bradford Park Ave (away) Tues July 19 (kick-off 7.45pm)

Mansfield  (home) Sat July 23 (kick-off 3pm).

AFC Fylde (away) Sat July 30 (kick-off 3pm).

The final two friendlies are scheduled for July 12 and 16 with the opposition to be confirmed.

Edited by wroteforluck87

Glad we've got some games sorted.  I still want Shez and the team to do well in spite of wanting the owners out, and they'll need a structured pre-season to do that. 

The fans don't have to go..

• Like 4

It's a long time since i've watched Latics play at Bradford Park Avenue, must be fifty years. I remember Ian Wood punching one of their

players in the guts who had just brought him down from behind. The ref just had a quiet word and restarted play. Imagine all the drama

and theatre that would happen with todays spoilt brats, especially in the PL.

18 minutes ago, redlion said:

It's a long time since i've watched Latics play at Bradford Park Avenue, must be fifty years. I remember Ian Wood punching one of their

players in the guts who had just brought him down from behind. The ref just had a quiet word and restarted play. Imagine all the drama

and theatre that would happen with todays spoilt brats, especially in the PL.

now play here https://goo.gl/maps/BSRZ6zsXHw2GmmQ8A

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 7:49 PM, JoeP said:

Glad we've got some games sorted.  I still want Shez and the team to do well in spite of wanting the owners out, and they'll need a structured pre-season to do that. 

The fans don't have to go..

Absolutely….it’s just like the league fixtures. If you want to go you go, if you would rather boycott you boycott….simples.

I stopped going to friendlies a long time ago, as a spectacle, IMO, they are a waste of time.

Perhaps Barry Owen (chief cook & bottle washer, general Manager, CEO, twat! or whatever) should decide to play the fixtures behind closed doors….that would probably suit everyone!!

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Absolutely….it’s just like the league fixtures. If you want to go you go, if you would rather boycott you boycott….simples.

I stopped going to friendlies a long time ago, as a spectacle, IMO, they are a waste of time.

Perhaps Barry Owen (chief cook & bottle washer, general Manager, CEO, twat! or whatever) should decide to play the fixtures behind closed doors….that would probably suit everyone!!

Yep.

Boycotting games?  Fine - the clowns shouldn't be given our money to use for their incompetence.

Pressuring clubs to cancel friendlies?  Not fine - it's directly hampering Shez's already pretty impossible job by disrupting preparation for the season and could therefore impact team performance.  What happened to "Support the team, not the regime"?  Getting games cancelled is unlikely to increase awareness of our plight much more and also unlikely to bring the bickering fan groups closer together (which I thought was supposedly an aim?).

Two relegations and no sign of the owners leaving verifies that the decline is having no impact on their desire to move on.  I'd prefer the club to be as high up the leagues as possible when new owners take over.  Unless there's some bizarre train of thought that the third relegation is REALLY going to be the one that makes them think that they're not cut out for football club ownership??  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Yep.

Boycotting games?  Fine - the clowns shouldn't be given our money to use for their incompetence.

Pressuring clubs to cancel friendlies?  Not fine - it's directly hampering Shez's already pretty impossible job by disrupting preparation for the season and could therefore impact team performance.  What happened to "Support the team, not the regime"?  Getting games cancelled is unlikely to increase awareness of our plight much more and also unlikely to bring the bickering fan groups closer together (which I thought was supposedly an aim?).

Two relegations and no sign of the owners leaving verifies that the decline is having no impact on their desire to move on.  I'd prefer the club to be as high up the leagues as possible when new owners take over.  Unless there's some bizarre train of thought that the third relegation is REALLY going to be the one that makes them think that they're not cut out for football club ownership??  

People will eventually realise that we are going to have to speak to these people to get anywhere, they are still not obliged to sell even if we drop to level 9, I understand the reasons behind the protest but it is clear it isn't having the effect many thought it would, I'd be trying to find a different route personally, have any fans tried to reack out to Abdallah directly? Barry Owen has his ear and must of met him , surely there are others who could approach him?

What like.  Dear Abdullah and Mo and the kingpin off the club Barry.

Please be nice chaps and leave the club. None of you are welcome anymore, none of you have achieved anything whatsoever to move the club forward. In fact we are far WORSE off since your arrival.

So could you please let us have our club back. Thank you very much.

From a fan.

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

What like.  Dear Abdullah and Mo and the kingpin off the club Barry.

Please be nice chaps and leave the club. None of you are welcome anymore, none of you have achieved anything whatsoever to move the club forward. In fact we are far WORSE off since your arrival.

So could you please let us have our club back. Thank you very much.

From a fan.

Unfortunately at some stage someone will need to speak to Abdallah, even if he were to hand it over (which he never will).

• Like 1