Rangers v Frankfurt

Just seen an advert for the upcoming Europa Conference League Final.  Couldn't they have come up with a better name than that?  Too similar to the Europa League...it can only cause confusion for middle agers like me!

9 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

The gulf in quality between these two teams and the CL is huge. Very ordinary match.

The gulf in quality vs the Forest v Shef U game last night is also huge!! Two really poor teams on display here! 

8 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

The gulf in quality vs the Forest v Shef U game last night is also huge!! Two really poor teams on display here! 

Yes I wouldn’t argue with you there, I was just thinking that this final was L1 standard at best 😂. I’m surprised West Ham couldn’t beat Frankfurt, I think they would have stuffed Rangers.

Eintracht Frankfurt will have a hard time keeping Kostic. Class left peg on him. I believe he almost went to Lazio last summer. Rode a warrior in midfield. Quite a shocking game, in terms of quality. Chuffed for our Frankfurt pals. 👍🏻🦅

8 hours ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Eintracht Frankfurt will have a hard time keeping Kostic. Class left peg on him. I believe he almost went to Lazio last summer. Rode a warrior in midfield. Quite a shocking game, in terms of quality. Chuffed for our Frankfurt pals. 👍🏻🦅

To be fair both teams went for it non stop in extremely hot conditions but yes far too many bad passes/crosses/shots.

two evenly matches teams in a european final where the heat exceeded that of the human body making it impossible to cool down, not to mention all the nervous energy that must be involved.

just needs some fans of a relegated division five team from another country, possibly watching both teams for the first time this season whilst chugging on some alcohol to fit in bc its a final. jus need them to pop up and tell us how shit both teams are based on a few minutes of said evenly matched, nervous final.

nice one lads. some of these players are just about to make multi million pound moves, but the buyers are idiots, theyll be getting duff players w no quality unless they log on here first for some top level, unparralelled scouting reports 🙄.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

two evenly matches teams in a european final where the heat exceeded that of the human body making it impossible to cool down, not to mention all the nervous energy that must be involved.

just needs some fans of a relegated division five team from another country, possibly watching both teams for the first time this season whilst chugging on some alcohol to fit in bc its a final. jus need them to pop up and tell us how shit both teams are based on a few minutes of said evenly matched, nervous final.

nice one lads. some of these players are just about to make multi million pound moves, but the buyers are idiots, theyll be getting duff players w no quality unless they log on here first for some top level, unparralelled scouting reports 🙄.

Weird isn't it, they only saw off Barca, Dortmund, West Ham and Leipzig over two legs to name but a few...

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

If you or @yarddog73think Rangers would survive in our Championship, never mind the Premier League, I'll have a pint of what you're drinking. As for Eintracht, I reckon without Cresswell losing the plot West Ham would have beaten them and comfortably gone on to beat Rangers.

The point that I was making anyway is that the two teams last night are way behind the best CL teams in terms of quality. I'm in no doubt that the real European Final on 28 May will confirm that. Don't forget that Rangers have just finished runners-up in a poor league, and Eintracht are 11th in the Bundesliga. As I say, light years behind Liverpool and Real Madrid.

12 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

If you or @yarddog73think Rangers would survive in our Championship, never mind the Premier League, I'll have a pint of what you're drinking. As for Eintracht, I reckon without Cresswell losing the plot West Ham would have beaten them and comfortably gone on to beat Rangers.

The point that I was making anyway is that the two teams last night are way behind the best CL teams in terms of quality. I'm in no doubt that the real European Final on 28 May will confirm that. Don't forget that Rangers have just finished runners-up in a poor league, and Eintracht are 11th in the Bundesliga. As I say, light years behind Liverpool and Real Madrid.

And light years in front of Forest and Sheffield United, you can crab them as much as you like it is all about opinion but they've assembled squads on a fraction of others seen them off and reached a major European final, as for West Ham beating Frankfurt they lost the first leg at home 2-1 fair and square with 11 men and the return leg Frankfurt didn't have to move out of second gear due to Cresswell's indiscipline.

I'll enjoy the Champions League final as well and I haven't made comparisons, you can't compare given your Madrids and Liverpool's of this world spend hundreds of millions but both teams deserved to be there and punched above their weight.

4 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

If Rangers or Celtic was in the premier league though they would have Premier League money and appeal. They would be huge.

Their business model is the best scam in the world. You're born into supporting one or the other depending on the religion of your ancestors, they have people across the world who support them solely because of this. You can't walk through a town centre in the UK without seeing Rangers and Celtic shirts. 

When the UK Soccer League Franchises get announced they'll be up there. 

Interesting question if it was to franchise which 20 teams would you put in there? You can include Welsh and Scottish teams. 

15 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Interesting question if it was to franchise which 20 teams would you put in there? You can include Welsh and Scottish teams. 

Ian Stott would merge Cardiff and Swansea and call it Wales South End.

Could have Robert Maxwell's Thames Valley Royals too.

Would definitely allow plastic pitches for plastic franchises.

Having to sit through that with the Rangers supporting contingent of my family was interesting, given the stick I had taken for the current predicament of my team. The laugh I had at the expense of the City supporting contingent will no doubt be counter balanced even further by the Liverpool supporting family members, who are already cock-a-hoop at winning the F.A. Cup, if they take the Champion's League.

I am also in a no-win situation when it comes to the Premier League title. The Newcastle supporting hillbillies...I mean, relatives...are already getting their bragging rights in for next season and as for the Man U's, well, they have just about kept their heads below the parapet.

Life in a multi team clan is always guaranteed to be interesting at a get together. :D 

23 hours ago, Roger Ritchie said:

If Rangers or Celtic was in the premier league though they would have Premier League money and appeal. They would be huge.

Their business model is the best scam in the world. You're born into supporting one or the other depending on the religion of your ancestors, they have people across the world who support them solely because of this. You can't walk through a town centre in the UK without seeing Rangers and Celtic shirts. 

When the UK Soccer League Franchises get announced they'll be up there. 

Therein lies the thing, the Sky Premier league money has increasingly widened the divide. Late 90's Rangers came within a whisker of the European Cup Final and had England internationals playing for them. Celtic got to the UEFA Cup final and slapped Premier league Blackburn and Liverpools arse on the way in 2003 and made the semis in 2004. As time goes on you're fishing in a different pool with financials. Article in the Guardian a few years back, outside the Premier league top 5 Celtic were the next in terms of revenue add in the Sky money and Burnley made more profit than Celtic. Not brain surgery to realise that if Rangers and Celtic ever joined the English league with their crowds, fan bases and access to the money Sky provide they would be Premier league.

Archived