Retained List

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Musn't some of those labelled as "In contract" now be on new contracts if they're staying? 

Yep. No issue with Hart and Fondop. Must have sorted the 2 year thing out with Leutwiler and McGahey as well. Stobbs is odd and would have kept Pidge for sure in this league. 

Piergianni on the release list although I'm guessing he's found somewhere better anyway apart from that no real surprises.

Many many clubs will be picking up their phones this morning knowing that Dylan Fage is now available on a free.

2 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Yep. No issue with Hart and Fondop. Must have sorted the 2 year thing out with Leutwiler and McGahey as well. Stobbs is odd and would have kept Pidge for sure in this league. 

I imagine one or two on the "released" list are more "wouldn't stay if you paid us"

Its known Mansfield want Pidge and DKD had been linked with Tranmere 

Finally.
Of the released list, I wonder how many were offered new contracts and turned them down?
Of the in-contract list, I wonder how many will still move on?

I also note that the number of in-contract players is eleven … how will they fare against the mighty Dorking I wonder? 🤔

25 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Musn't some of those labelled as "In contract" now be on new contracts if they're staying? 

I thought some were on options, does that mean we have the option of keeping them against their wishes?

I also thought the embargo meant we can only offer 12 months?

9 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Finally.
Of the released list, I wonder how many were offered new contracts and turned them down?
Of the in-contract list, I wonder how many will still move on?

I also note that the number of in-contract players is eleven … how will they fare against the mighty Dorking I wonder? 🤔

We will offer Dorking most of them.😆

18 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Would be nice to have a bit of clarity. I mean it's probably a given they're all on new 1 year contracts at the most, but would be nice of them to say "Fondop has signed a new 1 year deal", or "we have taken up the option on Sam Hart and he has a new 1 year deal" etc.

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Would be nice to have a bit of clarity. I mean it's probably a given they're all on new 1 year contracts at the most, but would be nice of them to say "Fondop has signed a new 1 year deal", or "we have taken up the option on Sam Hart and he has a new 1 year deal" etc.

Exactly, but they are a bunch of shithouses so its as expected.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I thought some were on options, does that mean we have the option of keeping them against their wishes?

I also thought the embargo meant we can only offer 12 months?

Yes most of those on options have been retained, I'm happy we've kept about a dozen because most of those retained will be good enough for the National League, we've not kept them against their wishes they signed a contract which I presume they were happy with, getting Fondop and McGahey fit is crucial, Fondop has 20+ goals in him at that level it's just how much he wants it, same with Mcgahey and his fitness.

I'm happy this is Shez' list now they need to allow him to go out and bring in 3 or 4 decent experienced players and a couple of decent loans and we will be fine.

As for everyone moaning about clarity they have released a list the same as any other club it's really not that difficult and I suspect any on the 'In contract" list who have ideas about pushing a move through will have to compensate the club accordingly, they signed deals giving us the option and we have exercised our right.

We were told by the podcast that pidge n DKD had gone maybe even rogers aswell.

but Badby leaves me stunned, all l can think is he will be signing for somebody decent by very soon and theyve used our relegation to snap him up for nowt.

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

but Badby leaves me stunned, all l can think is he will be signing for somebody decent by very soon and theyve used our relegation to snap him up for nowt.

If badby couldn’t get in last year he’s obv not up to it. The crap has been released we just need to sign better now 

Keeping Leutwiler over Rogers must be more to do with their contracts than performance last season.  

Hope staying on is a joke, whatever he is paid is too much and the budget could be better put to use elsewhere.  Same would go for Stobbs.

Glad to see Clarke and Hart get contracts rather than trying to rebuild the whole back four. Keeping Adams around in some capacity makes sense too.

I guess this now shows that the "Vaughan to Burnley" rumour which was repeated as gospel on here was just more Twitter bollocks?  If so, look forward to seeing him again next season.

6 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Far too many on the retained list for me,should be a 100% clearout.

Makes no sense whatsoever as with any job you need continuity and I'll go with Shez on this one, we have eleven maybe thirteen contracted player with room for about ten more I'm taking that as a positive given none of those retained are Mo's.

9 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Mossley...

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fondop has 20+ goals in him at that level it's just how much he wants it,

Just making a brew and nearly spat it out when I read that. He's scored a grand total of 36 goals in his entire career he's 28 his highest tally was 10 in a season. What you are saying is he's going to have the best season of his life by about a million miles. I will happily admit I'm wrong in 12 months if he actually does that though.

Fondop career stats

20 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

If badby couldn’t get in last year he’s obv not up to it. The crap has been released we just need to sign better now 

signed a new pro deal about 20mins before he was released

*Disclaimer- lno it was actually more like 4months before somebody feels the needs to tell me.

Archived