Retained List

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Just making a brew and nearly spat it out when I read that. He's scored a grand total of 36 goals in his entire career he's 28 his highest tally was 10 in a season. What you are saying is he's going to have the best season of his life by about a million miles. I will happily admit I'm wrong in 12 months if he actually does that though.

Fondop career stats

Well your going to look at every negative aren't you? The player I saw last season when fit would score goals at the level no doubt about it, I did actually state in that prediction it would depend how much he wanted it but he does have goals in him.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

If badby couldn’t get in last year he’s obv not up to it. The crap has been released we just need to sign better now 

Shez said he wouldnt be chucking untried kids at a relegation fight.

jus stood out to me thats all.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Well your going to look at every negative aren't you? The player I saw last season when fit would score goals at the level no doubt about it, I did actually state in that prediction it would depend how much he wanted it but he does have goals in him.

Fondop on his game is a player, some of his goals show that.

Fondop tired from his extra curricular activities can be an absolute cart horse, but we aint seen that yet..

Hopefully there’s a spine there good enough to keep us up/finish mid table in the National League. I’m worried about the quality (or lack of) we’ll be able to bring in though. Nicky Adams re-signing will be our big transfer news of the summer.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm not going to be negative for negative sake but I'm committed to evidence which shows that he's never got near 20 goals in his career in a season. He played what less than 2 games for us in minutes. Although going to back to his career stats the issue is probably more down to fitness than any actual ability.

34 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Keeping Leutwiler over Rogers must be more to do with their contracts than performance last season.  

Hope staying on is a joke, whatever he is paid is too much and the budget could be better put to use elsewhere.  Same would go for Stobbs.

Glad to see Clarke and Hart get contracts rather than trying to rebuild the whole back four. Keeping Adams around in some capacity makes sense too.

I guess this now shows that the "Vaughan to Burnley" rumour which was repeated as gospel on here was just more Twitter bollocks?  If so, look forward to seeing him again next season.

Burnley getting relegated probably kills that more than anything, get the feeling they are going to be in the shit in the not too distant future

36 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Keeping Leutwiler over Rogers must be more to do with their contracts than performance last season.  

I know I'm in a minority, but I think Leutwiler is a much better keeper than Rogers. That said, I'd have released them both...

17 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Shez said he wouldnt be chucking untried kids at a relegation fight.

jus stood out to me thats all.

It will be interesting to see how many of those released will find EFL clubs. A higher level than we are going.

44 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Hope staying on is a joke, whatever he is paid is too much and the budget could be better put to use elsewhere.  Same would go for Stobbs.

Glad to see Clarke and Hart get contracts rather than trying to rebuild the whole back four. Keeping Adams around in some capacity makes sense too.

I guess this now shows that the "Vaughan to Burnley" rumour which was repeated as gospel on here was just more Twitter bollocks?  If so, look forward to seeing him again next season.

Vaughan signed a multi-year deal that covers next season, at a minimum, in 2021. Just because he is under contract doesn’t mean that he will be a Latics player come September 1st. 

I’d be surprised if none of those under contract leave the club over the summer. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

As for everyone moaning about clarity they have released a list the same as any other club it's really not that difficult and I suspect any on the 'In contract" list who have ideas about pushing a move through will have to compensate the club accordingly, they signed deals giving us the option and we have exercised our right.

Hi, person who was "moaning about clarity" here.  Scunthorpe had the following headings in their retained list article:

- Players leaving the club upon expiry of their contracts:

- Options have been exercised on the contracts of:

- Players remaining under contract:

- Contract offers made to: 

- Loan players returning to their parent club:

Barrow did...

- new contracts offered and in negotiations with:

- new contract offered but rejected to:

- released at end of contracts

- loan players returning

What you're essentially saying is the club did the bare minimum it needed to. Which is true. And is what it always does, the absolute bare minimum of information and communication with the fans.  We are an abysmally run club and I'm sick of it. You never know, start including fans and making them feel important and you might even start selling some tickets!! Radical idea I know.

31 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Although going to back to his career stats the issue is probably more down to fitness than any actual ability.

based on watching every minute he played for us at least three times (they were great results at the time and we are fuckin starvedddddd), his previous goals on youtube and what oppo msg boards say about him, l think if he comes back from this latest op w Shez's flea in his ear and he applies himself he will get a move to the Football League in January.

28 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I know I'm in a minority, but I think Leutwiler is a much better keeper than Rogers. That said, I'd have released them both...

I'm not the greatest fan of either, but if we'd have got rid of both you just know we would end up signing Laurie Walker the day before the first game of the season...

13 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Leutwiler is a decent keeper to have for the National League... come at me. 

Would tend to agree. I'm not sure we would have been any worse off if Leutwiler had got the gig with Shez instead of Rogers. Rogers benefitted from playing in front of a more settled and better organised defence.

22 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Vaughan signed a multi-year deal that covers next season, at a minimum, in 2021. Just because he is under contract doesn’t mean that he will be a Latics player come September 1st. 

I’d be surprised if none of those under contract leave the club over the summer. 

Fair enough.  It just seems a bit strange not to mention it now, if he does have a deal signed to join Burnley before the start of next season. 

43 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Burnley getting relegated probably kills that more than anything, get the feeling they are going to be in the shit in the not too distant future

Apparently they have a loan of £65m that has to be repaid in eventuality of relegation from the Premier League - Kieran Maguire. 
That’s a big chunk of any parachute payment. 

13 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Hi, person who was "moaning about clarity" here.  Scunthorpe had the following headings in their retained list article:

Barrow did...

- loan players returning

What you're essentially saying is the club did the bare minimum it needed to. Which is true. And is what it always does, the absolute bare minimum of information and communication with the fans.  We are an abysmally run club and I'm sick of it. You never know, start including fans and making them feel important and you might even start selling some tickets!! Radical idea I know.

Exactly what I thought. The contempt for the fanbase as a whole has become completely overt since the media guy left. 

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Piergianni on the release list although I'm guessing he's found somewhere better anyway apart from that no real surprises.

Many many clubs will be picking up their phones this morning knowing that Dylan Fage is now available on a free.

Piergianni is signing for another league 2 club today.

5 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Exactly what I thought. The contempt for the fanbase as a whole has become completely overt since the media guy left. 

You mean contempt as they haven't replaced him yet? So long as they take away shitpeas access to issuing club statement we will be just fine, I'm glad Scunthorpe went in to a bit more detail though it must make them certs to bounce right back.

19 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Barrow did...

- loan players returning

last bit won't be true no matter what they do now its too late so they cba and are on war footing. l honest believe we cud draw United in the cup (how long wud tht take btw?) and have less than 2000 home fans.

first bit yes l also would have liked such info.

Archived