Retained List

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sparkleking said:

And on this day did the great ALMO #frenchlads experiment finally come to an end.  Amen.

Great.....but THEY are still fucking here 🙄

He has to go down as our worst captain of all time just for those last two weeks. Then he secures a move to fucking Stevenage.

Those players deserved a lot more abuse than they got at Tranmere and Crawley at home.

2 hours ago, HKLatic said:

Piergianni gone to Stevenage 

Makes sense given he is from Peterborough, thought he was older than 28, he's done well as he has done the rounds in non league before he came to us, probably doesn't fancy going back to it.

I’ll take Shez’s word for it. But Kane Badby being offered a professional contract earlier in the season, not playing and then being released, all under the same manager, adds further evidence (as if we needed anymore) to the fact that decision making at the club is a mess. Feel sorry for the lad and his family. 

4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I don't think Shez fancies him at all 

I agree.

Given how Shez was a player himself, I thought he'd really appreciate a player like Vaughan who looks after the ball and tries to create.

But as you say, it really looks he much prefers Stobbs.  

42 minutes ago, philsalt said:

I’ll take Shez’s word for it. But Kane Badby being offered a professional contract earlier in the season, not playing and then being released, all under the same manager, adds further evidence (as if we needed anymore) to the fact that decision making at the club is a mess. Feel sorry for the lad and his family. 

Or maybe he gave him a chance and he wasn't up to it? If the lads good enough he will more than likely get himself fixed up and prove himself elsewhere now he's been released. 

2 hours ago, GKing521 said:

He has to go down as our worst captain of all time just for those last two weeks. Then he secures a move to fucking Stevenage.

Those players deserved a lot more abuse than they got at Tranmere and Crawley at home.

Pidge is a lower EFL league/NL quality player but I always saw him give 100% and you can’t ask for more than that….what we hope for is better quality players…not sure we’ll get that for while though

3 hours ago, GKing521 said:

As captain of the side that took Oldham out of the Football League, then I'm happy to add a vote for him as worst ever skipper...

14 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

As captain of the side that took Oldham out of the Football League, then I'm happy to add a vote for him as worst ever skipper...

Let's not forget the goals we shipped last season with Pidge at the heart of our defence.

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I said from day one he wasn’t Captain material, he wasn’t vocal enough, however, I don’t think any of our previous Captains could have got a tune out of that fucking lot!!

He wasn’t the best CH we’ve ever had but we’d have been relegated a damn site earlier without him!!!

Had a mistake in him but he was solid and probably player of the season, those claiming he didn't try or got himself sent off are talking shite, one of very few who performed respectably throughout last season, would of done a job for us in the NL but happy to free up his wage as he was more than likely top earner.

23 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

Let's not forget the goals we shipped last season with Pidge at the heart of our defence.

With absolute dross around him.

The captain that took us out of the league will never be remembered in particularly high regard, but there were 9 or 10 worse players than him in our side most weeks..

10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes most of those on options have been retained, I'm happy we've kept about a dozen because most of those retained will be good enough for the National League, we've not kept them against their wishes they signed a contract which I presume they were happy with, getting Fondop and McGahey fit is crucial, Fondop has 20+ goals in him at that level it's just how much he wants it, same with Mcgahey and his fitness.

I'm happy this is Shez' list now they need to allow him to go out and bring in 3 or 4 decent experienced players and a couple of decent loans and we will be fine.

As for everyone moaning about clarity they have released a list the same as any other club it's really not that difficult and I suspect any on the 'In contract" list who have ideas about pushing a move through will have to compensate the club accordingly, they signed deals giving us the option and we have exercised our right.

I’d say that brings a whole new meaning to the word “fine”.

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You mean contempt as they haven't replaced him yet? So long as they take away shitpeas access to issuing club statement we will be just fine, I'm glad Scunthorpe went in to a bit more detail though it must make them certs to bounce right back.

There’s that word again. I’m all for unbridled optimism, but......

Archived