BBC Manc Radio 4pm today

FYI.

BbC manc radio today 4pm. Hour long show on downfall of latics.

Includes interviews with Joe Royle, Lee Johnson, Richie Wellens, Pete Wild. Also staff like Mark Moisely and I believe....Simon Blitz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another pearler of a quote from Jabba the hut.

"It makes me laugh how people think they can run a football club"

True story, you think you can a run a football club despite nearly 2 decades of evidence to the contrary showing you haven't got a clue, you fat useless failure.

I think it finally clears up why Pete Wild left.
Nothing to do with the statement from the club who at the time said that he wanted a rest from football!

Plain and simply down to recruitment, and we know who that’s down to don’t we?

There was a good range of interviewees, but they wasted the first quarter of an hour. Everyone knows there has been a fall from grace, reminding everyone about the early 80s was a bit redundant for me. 

They should have made more of the recruitment and how disastrous it has been, and a lot more of the procession of different managers under the Lemsagams. They got off lightly for me, there was nothing very forensic about the journalistic input. 

2 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

There was a good range of interviewees, but they wasted the first quarter of an hour. Everyone knows there has been a fall from grace, reminding everyone about the early 80s was a bit redundant for me. 

They should have made more of the recruitment and how disastrous it has been, and a lot more of the procession of different managers under the Lemsagams. They got off lightly for me, there was nothing very forensic about the journalistic input. 

I thought it should have been approached as a pure timeline and cut out all the sidestepping. Very hard for non supporters to get the gist and the part about Failsworth was a waste, more could have been included by cutting out the superfluous. Ive been thinking about it and my conclusion is it was well intended, but a bit of a mess as a programme tbh.

I know you need more than an hour to tell what has and is going on, but it could have been better done if it had just been told straightforward.

4 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Barry on giving it the whole 

"What you need to understand is"

Fuck off you fat prick 

"It makes me laugh when...". He is beyond annoying. Such a condescending twat. Wouldn't mind if there was more substance to what he says. Continually just seems to sprout the party line. 

Had tears in my eyes listening to it.

It drove home what a dysfunctional set up we are and how the club is very much the heart of our communities, and fans are the heart of the club. 

Volunteer Supporter organisations of any sport, should be able to tap into outside support when their clubs are in crisis.  Fellow supporter groups have been great. The FSA have gone beyond with OASF since it joined in 2017 (an idea by Jovik who use to post on here). But more is needed. The taskforce could be the model for this so it will be interesting what comes out of this too

The only consolation is EFL reform is coming and is being driven by MP Tracey crouch and the FSA. That fans should have a bigger say on the running/key decisions of their clubs. Some Clubs are working with their supporter groups already bedding in shadow boards, golden shares and preparing for independant financial regulator. Stuff our club could have embraced and been a trailblazer with as they signed off on the MOU to be more open and honest April 2020. To work better with  OASF as well as other supporter groups.

Sad to say, but we have to be ready the best we can for fan ownership of club, stadium or both. The 1895 CF is the start, converting OASF into a CBS will tap into lots of other funding streams and levelling up funds too, potentially up to £2 million from the last FSA meeting I was on. Additionally, launching a share scheme too will bring in some cash

if we are carrying on the Star wars theme....." A New hope..."

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I was quite looking forward to this- then I opened the thread, and read the stench had spoken. Decided not to bother. His ability to talk about the problem without understanding he is a big part of the problem- is unrivalled. 

He's even more odious than usual on this (if that's possible)

The man is a cancer, I have genuinely never hated someone I've never met as much as him

I thought it was good, no idea what kind of audience it will end up having but for any non Latics fans it gave a real insight into our story.

I actually quite liked the side step thingy and the input from PW and LJ especially.

As for BO, it is what it is. Oldham supporters know the truth and if we do eventually get new and genuine owners we have to hope that they will have done enough research to understand that Owen can have no place in our future.

4 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

As for BO, it is what it is

Is it what it is though? 

We have nobody senior at the club apart from the stench. Any new owner would at least need/want a handover. Or even if they knew of him, he would still try to stay relevant and offer his ‘advice’ for free. 

He would only need 5 minutes with the new owner to drop to his knees and say- I’ll do whatever you want. 

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

As I mentioned on he radio, it's so frustrating that it's taken GMR so long to do something like this. It could have easily been done two years ago, albeit without the relegation to the Vauxhall Conference...

What would it have changed if they’d done it earlier? 

AL and Blitz aren’t going to change an asking price for some interviews on local radio. 

Archived