Season Tickets?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC**

All, I appreciate that some posters are making this personal by relating their specific personal experiences. I also get that those personal experiences can be taken incredulously with little effort.

However, let's not have a mob mentality. Let's not get personal. Let's not forget that this is just the internet and it's riddled with people talking nonsense on all sides of a conversation. 

We have a choice, to take the positives and live them. Or to return to the negative nitpicking that's stalked this board during the dark times. That applies to everyone and all sides of any conversation. Take a breath, ask if you're adding something or building someone up, or if you're taking something or tearing someone down. Do the right thing. Do the former, not the latter. 

Please and Thank You.

1 hour ago, sunshine185 said:

Quoted from the Oldham Times

"In the week that season tickets went back on sale, 3,700 supporters took up the 'early bird' offer, on top of the 1,600 purchased under the old regime."

surely this is a misprint, be astonished if we've sold over 5k season tickets.

It is totally wrong…the 3700 includes the pre Rothwell sales and they were 1200 not 1600 

21 minutes ago, Ackey said:

**PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC**

All, I appreciate that some posters are making this personal by relating their specific personal experiences. I also get that those personal experiences can be taken incredulously with little effort.

However, let's not have a mob mentality. Let's not get personal. Let's not forget that this is just the internet and it's riddled with people talking nonsense on all sides of a conversation. 

We have a choice, to take the positives and live them. Or to return to the negative nitpicking that's stalked this board during the dark times. That applies to everyone and all sides of any conversation. Take a breath, ask if you're adding something or building someone up, or if you're taking something or tearing someone down. Do the right thing. Do the former, not the latter. 

Please and Thank You.

Good post Ackey, unfortunately, some on  here are are personal and vindictive, I will respond if I feel I'm being unfairly attacked, 

I've tried not to bite, but they seem to enjoy trolling.

The option to block or report them is there of course.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Good post Ackey, unfortunately, some on  here are are personal and vindictive, I will respond if I feel I'm being unfairly attacked, 

I've tried not to bite, but they seem to enjoy trolling.

The option to block or report them is there of course.

So you can post personally driven  inflammatory remarks about the club, but no one can challenge your opinion- without you feeling personally attacked?

What utter nonsense. 

You come across as feeling disrespected by the club because they haven’t replied you about to a player. 

A, You don’t work for the club. 

B, While it’s good of you, the club have no obligation to reply to as an unsolicited fellow professional 

C, We still have skeleton staff. 

D, The new owners have inherited a shell of a club which will take many months and even years to bring back to normal working practice. 

It come across as quite self righteous that they should prioritise your player recommendations over season tickets, staff welfare, cleaning the ground, and the other 1001 things they have to do before getting 5 minutes to reply to you. 

On a side note, someone else has recommended a player to Latics. Just released by Exeter and wants to move back north - can't remember his name. Anyway, reason I'm posting it is cos Darren Royle went out of his way the other night to tell the fan that he had received the email and passed it on to Sheridan. Are you emailing the right people Alf...?

And this is why we can't have nice things.

It's possible - in fact it's highly fucking likely - that both sides of the conversation can be wrong. Conversations are not a not by definition a dichotomy. 

Not had to do this for ages... I guess that means the interest in the club is back?

:locker:

• Ackey locked this topic

Archived