Season Tickets?

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

On the phone to GiMP as we speak, fucking rat boy.

You can imagine them can't you putting the phone down on him again can't you.

Superintendent of GMP walks into his office in the morning.

"Any calls over the weekend?:

"Nothing new except the usual oh you know that chump we retired from the force after making a balls up of strangeways all those years ago who ended up at Oldham Athletic" 

"Oh god not him again what does he want now"

"Yeah he seems to think ISIS are planning an attack on the North Stand at Boundary Park and we need to shut it down"

"If he rings again Tell him I'm in meetings all day"

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you can't please everyone (and I am grateful to all of them for saving our club) but it is a little disappointing that the previously free under 12s ticket is now under 7 (I know this change had happened when they were first advertised but I had no intention of getting one at that point) and there is no suggestion what supporters with young children can do (until the review is complete). Do you buy 2 match tickets at the early bird price and then pay £330 plus £69 for 2 games less providing the family stand is open? I was intending on purchasing tomorrow but I'm not so sure now. I don't really think it's a message that they want to be giving unfortunatly ☹️

14 minutes ago, nick1979 said:

I know you can't please everyone (and I am grateful to all of them for saving our club) but it is a little disappointing that the previously free under 12s ticket is now under 7 (I know this change had happened when they were first advertised but I had no intention of getting one at that point) and there is no suggestion what supporters with young children can do (until the review is complete). Do you buy 2 match tickets at the early bird price and then pay £330 plus £69 for 2 games less providing the family stand is open? I was intending on purchasing tomorrow but I'm not so sure now. I don't really think it's a message that they want to be giving unfortunatly ☹️

Fair point my kids are 6 and 7 . Let’s face it until there say 14 there not really going by choice 

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Fair point my kids are 6 and 7 . Let’s face it until there say 14 there not really going by choice 

My girl is seven so just outside of the cut off (when I was hoping for another 5 years to fully blood her as a latics fan). If I take her in the large section of the RRE it will be too much for her and I will probably lose her to youtube on the TV at home, as it will also be too much for the kids with additional sensory needs that went in that stand. We didn't get much right as a club over the last few years but the girls that looked after the kids in the quiet area did a great job of keeping them engaged from what I saw. I do hope there is a plan to include them whatever the result of the family stand review.

7 minutes ago, nick1979 said:

My girl is seven so just outside of the cut off (when I was hoping for another 5 years to fully blood her as a latics fan). If I take her in the large section of the RRE it will be too much for her and I will probably lose her to youtube on the TV at home, as it will also be too much for the kids with additional sensory needs that went in that stand. We didn't get much right as a club over the last few years but the girls that looked after the kids in the quiet area did a great job of keeping them engaged from what I saw. I do hope there is a plan to include them whatever the result of the family stand review.

There is a plan being looked at which would result in the childrens zone being moved to include alot more activities on a match day. Obviously nothing is confirmed so keep an eye out on socials re this from the club. 

21 minutes ago, nick1979 said:

I can sympathise with you. I guess the new  board will be making many difficult decisions in such a short timeframe before the new season starts next week. It would have been nice for the early bird prices to be offered to everyone for next week, to encourage as many people as possible, including the many stay aways, to buy a ticket.  That said, I just appreciate someone investing so much to buy the club so will be getting a couple of ST next week.

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Joking apart we prob don’t need 4 stands . Can’t close the main of the Rochdale home end so looks like 4 not cost efficient really. Or let away fans roam which prob won’t be many ….

Shut the Chaddy for most of the season. Put the 8 Wealdstone fans and the like in the small bit of the RRE. Open up the Chaddy when anyone looks like bringing 1000+ 

If we actually start winning games and attendances pick up again then there may be scope to open up the Chaddy to home fans again for some games if there is the need. For now though I think there is enough space with 3 stands. 

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'd be inclined to get one for the family stand but they're suspended for the moment so no idea what I'll be doing...

Looks like there toying with the idea of away fans in the small section doesn't it.

Get your STs in the other side of the RRE and if they don't put away fans in small section you'll be able to cross to the other side before kick off anyway 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, nick1979 said:

It works out at £2 a game with the early bird pricing. If the family area is not open, the club will still have a kids zone I hear.

No problem with any of this as it's a bit of a rush job.

Moving forward though I'd like to see it all simplified - £20 for adults, £5 for kids and OAP's in all stands.

No difference on the day or in advance.

If you're inclined to buy online you might get in a bit quicker.

If you suddenly decide to go on the Saturday after not intending to you won't be put off by the fact it would have been £4 cheaper yesterday - this does put people off.

Not all people are comfortable or able to buy online and a lot of people like to go to the ground and like a bit of human interaction - cater for them.

Cater for however anybody wants to give the club money for a ticket.

Be old school where necessary, a lot of our fans are. 

Don't miss out on £20 to save 20p.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

It works out at £2 a game with the early bird pricing. If the family area is not open, the club will still have a kids zone I hear.

I'm aware it still offers great value and I'm sure I will be purchasing 2 tickets regardless (hopefully there is some more info on where the kids zone may be located before the early bird finishes so I don't have to guess which stand to sit in) I'm just making the point that it's almost £50 more than last season and I actually could have got both for £120 less when they were first released as my daughter was still 6 but I chose to withhold my money as I thought it was the right thing to do. The main point i am trying to make though, is if I am questioning a purchase with one child aged 7, it could well be a deal breaker for a family of 4 or 5 where it wouldnt have been last season which is a shame.

12 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

270 quid. Is that a high enough price for someof you to carry on the boycott or are we going to see a record number of season ticket sales now SC and ALMO are all gone

fuckin chill actin like a weird cunt who has a valid point to make

13 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I must say I'm absolutely delighted at all the health safety work that's gone into now making the Joe Royle Stand safe in the last 72 hours it must have been a monumental effort well done to all involved.

What an effort, SAG must have been working overtime and now the request for volunteers has gone out to help clean up the park too. 

19 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hoping its on the cards at some point that they will look at ways of spreading the costs. Maybe using the Oldham credit union at ways lowering the costs to arrange it aswell

The inability to spread the cost at present is yet another legacy of the last regime who lost their FCA authorisation through utter incompetence.  I would estimate that even if the process to regain that status starts today then it will be at least six months before authorisation can be achieved.  Hopefully in time for next close season.

Great to see the £270 Adults and the u21, u18 and u16 prices  

I am so glad that the club did change the costs for young people to try and attract the younger support - the Athleticos lads must be pleased and rightly so. I also understand that they have been given the centre block of the Rochdale Road stand so the atmosphere they generate can be maximised. 

Even more delighted that my son's ridiculous ban is being lifted subject to GMP agreement & so that very unhappy chapter can be closed. 

I thought it was going to be 7 season tickets from my end (first time for 3 seasons) but it is now 9!!! 

Thanks to the club's new owners for listening and at least having the courtesy to speak to fans groups as well before the statement

So nice to see a positive club statement      

Archived