Valencia steal Latics away kit

Is this why our new away kit has been delayed? Valencia wore the tangerine and blue yesterday in the Emirates Cup against an Italian outfit who obviously fielded a team of Englishmen 'cos they wore white shirts with a bloody great red St George cross.

I'm sure I heard the crowd singing "Are you Latics in disguise" as the Spaniards beat the Italians 2-0. Is it me? :wacko:

.......... and, speaking of which, have a look at this link. http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Articles/Room_101.htm

Our original tangerine and blue of the 60s is not only in Room 101s worst ever football kits, but is described as ORANGE. :angry:

:angry: Not liking that list at all...

They haven't even included Birmingham's sh.....brown kit from the 70s (?).

:angry: Not liking that list at all...

They haven't even included Birmingham's sh.....brown kit from the 70s (?).

And the Spurs brown one from lasr season

Or the very strange red, yellow and black Birmingham they wore in the (I think) early 70s. It was a bit like the Latics 50s shirt but incorporating three colours.

inter shirt info ....

Centenary Internazionale shirt

In the Fascist era in Italy, the name Internazionale was not looked upon well and the club became Ambrosiana. During this time they wore white shirts with a red cross on them. Initially founded as Internazionale in 1908, the reverted back to their original name in 1942

inter shirt info ....

In the Fascist era in Italy, the name Internazionale was not looked upon well and the club became Ambrosiana. During this time they wore white shirts with a red cross on them. Initially founded as Internazionale in 1908, the reverted back to their original name in 1942

Nice one Mark. Never knew that. So I suppose it's a sort of retro job. At least it didn't look as bad as the pink gear that Palermo wear.

Not sure I like the fact they choose a George cross during the facist era :blink:

AC and Sampodoria have a George cross in their club badges as they were started by English men .... not sure what if any Inters connection is ?

Certainly an odd choice. I don't know of an English connection with Inter, but we certainly took the game to different parts of the world. Wasn't it English sailors who introduced it to Argentina? And Juventus allegedly took their colours from borrowing shirts froma touring Notts County.

It's a pity the link is now advertised, I could have started a quiz off with strange kits of the past from English and Scottish leagues. And there sure are some strange ones!!

Guest oa_exile
Our original tangerine and blue of the 60s is not only in Room 101s worst ever football kits, but is described as ORANGE. :angry:

Without doubt our worst Shirt of all time ?

:cry:

:sick:e6bc11cl1.th.jpg :surrender:

:sick01:

AC also have a St. Georges Cross on their badge.

Not sure why it is so significant to the Milanese people as St. Ambrose is the Patron of the city; but there is obviously some significance.

BTW, they can have it, the new away kit is vile.

KtF,

Derek.

Edit: should have read Marks post first.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

.......... and, speaking of which, have a look at this link. http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Articles/Room_101.htm

It's incredible that our 1966 TANGERINE kit has been put in Room 101 (whats wrong with it?) and by whom (just one persons opinion I expect).

Compared with some of the absolutely diabolical kits on there, I can see nothing wrong with the tangerine kit and I'm really glad it's been resurrected for this season (I'll be buying one anyway).

inter shirt info ....

...and the coat of arms/flag for St Ambrose is a red cross on a white background.

Certainly an odd choice. I don't know of an English connection with Inter, but we certainly took the game to different parts of the world. Wasn't it English sailors who introduced it to Argentina? And Juventus allegedly took their colours from borrowing shirts froma touring Notts County.

It's a pity the link is now advertised, I could have started a quiz off with strange kits of the past from English and Scottish leagues. And there sure are some strange ones!!

The Juve shirts were from one of their players (John Savage). They were dressed in pink - but even then this was a bit limp-wristed so he sent off to Nottingham for some proper shirts (them being the red and white of Nottingham Forest). However (this bit there are two different reasonings) there were either no Nottingham Forest shirts available, or people are the same now as they were back then, and his Notts County supporting friend who he asked decided he'd prefer him playing in black and white stripes.

And the rest is history.

Is this why our new away kit has been delayed? Valencia wore the tangerine and blue yesterday in the Emirates Cup against an Italian outfit who obviously fielded a team of Englishmen 'cos they wore white shirts with a bloody great red St George cross.

I'm sure I heard the crowd singing "Are you Latics in disguise" as the Spaniards beat the Italians 2-0. Is it me? :wacko:

Funny you should mention it, turned the game on and my wife nearly had a convulsion saying how hideous the Valencia kit was, I had to break the news to her that it was almost identical to our new away kit

It's incredible that our 1966 TANGERINE kit has been put in Room 101 (whats wrong with it?) and by whom (just one persons opinion I expect).

Compared with some of the absolutely diabolical kits on there, I can see nothing wrong with the tangerine kit and I'm really glad it's been resurrected for this season (I'll be buying one anyway).

At the risk of being banned from the site, i really don't like our new away kit

Funny you should mention it, turned the game on and my wife nearly had a convulsion saying how hideous the Valencia kit was, I had to break the news to her that it was almost identical to our new away kit

At the risk of being banned from the site, i really don't like our new away kit

Just expressing your opinion (personal preference), nothing wrong with that.

I suspect the main reason I like it is nostalgic.

Edited by Hometownclub

Just expressing your opinion (personal preference), nothing wrong with that.

I suspect the main reason I like it is nostalgic.

it wasn't a serious worry B) i have to say it doesn't warrant being voted our worst ever kit, that green one has that one nailed. i liked the red and white strip we had about 1o or so years ago, our white strip from a couple back or last seasons worked for me

it wasn't a serious worry B) i have to say it doesn't warrant being voted our worst ever kit, that green one has that one nailed. i liked the red and white strip we had about 1o or so years ago, our white strip from a couple back or last seasons worked for me

:redcard::banned:

Nah, I'm reserving judgment until I see in in person. I'm going to get one anyway as it's not only different but different with a point (as opposed to the ultra-ming yellow one or the "leftover Chelsea away kit" black and silver).

Re: Englishmen abroad starting clubs, I think railway in particular and other engineers generally had a lot to do with spreading the word in South America. A great deal of the industrial infrastructure down that way was done by the brits, and football clubs followed.

:redcard::banned:

Nah, I'm reserving judgment until I see in in person. I'm going to get one anyway as it's not only different but different with a point (as opposed to the ultra-ming yellow one or the "leftover Chelsea away kit" black and silver).

Re: Englishmen abroad starting clubs, I think railway in particular and other engineers generally had a lot to do with spreading the word in South America. A great deal of the industrial infrastructure down that way was done by the brits, and football clubs followed.

Is it Blackpool that have the most named after them. I'm sure I read it somewhere that they have something like 17 clubs called Blackpool somewhere in their name (e.g Salt River Blackpool). Not sure they all play in Tangerine though.

After popping 40 quid under the floorboards awaiting the new away kit,i saw it on tuesday night it looks crap and i will be buying an inter milan st georges cross shirt(and it will probably be cheaper)

All those "worst kits" are home kits only by the way! Although it should be the blue and red hooped one as that is the case!

Thank God they DIDN'T include away kits. And I agree (as you can see below on each of my posts) the red and blue hoops were hideous. It didn't look any better when Newcastle tried it as an away kit.

Thank God they DIDN'T include away kits. And I agree (as you can see below on each of my posts) the red and blue hoops were hideous. It didn't look any better when Newcastle tried it as an away kit.

Does it look any better as Arsenal's new 3rd kit?

arsenal-07-08-third-kit.jpg

:blush: