Valencia steal Latics away kit

Milan city flag is basically the St George flag ... so I was probally wrong about it being directly taken from the St George fag.. but it was founded by an English man .

"The team was founded December 16, 1899 by Alfred Edwards as the Milan Cricket and Football Club. Edwards, a former British vice-consul in Milan and well-known personality of the Milanese high society, was the reclub's first elected president. Initially the team included a cricket section, managed by Edward Berra, and a football section managed by David Allison."

...umm and it seems I got a it a little wrong with Sampdoria as the flag of Genova is basically the George cross again and it was Genoa fc founded by the brits....

"The club was founded on September 7, 1893 as Genoa Cricket & Athletic Club. Since the club were set up to represent England abroad, the club's shirts were originally white, the same colour as the England football team's shirt. As it was originally set up as private club, Italians were not allowed into the team. The first field for the club was the Piazza d'Armi of the Campasso area."

Didn't realise cricket was so popular in Italy!!!!

Milan city flag is basically the St George flag ... so I was probally wrong about it being directly taken from the St George fag.. but it was founded by an English man .

"The team was founded December 16, 1899 by Alfred Edwards as the Milan Cricket and Football Club. Edwards, a former British vice-consul in Milan and well-known personality of the Milanese high society, was the reclub's first elected president. Initially the team included a cricket section, managed by Edward Berra, and a football section managed by David Allison."

...umm and it seems I got a it a little wrong with Sampdoria as the flag of Genova is basically the George cross again and it was Genoa fc founded by the brits....

"The club was founded on September 7, 1893 as Genoa Cricket & Athletic Club. Since the club were set up to represent England abroad, the club's shirts were originally white, the same colour as the England football team's shirt. As it was originally set up as private club, Italians were not allowed into the team. The first field for the club was the Piazza d'Armi of the Campasso area."

Didn't realise cricket was so popular in Italy!!!!

Great research, Mark. Good stuff. Just a thought - if they included a cricket section, who the hell did they play? There must have been other teams or, if not, it's little wonder that cricket isn't associated with Italy.