Kilkenny signs

Not to repeat too much of what has already been said - but this is flipping amazing....

I have made my thoughts of the right hand side of midfield pretty clear in the past... for me, I just hope this means a starting line up accross the middle of:

Taylor, Kalala, Allott, Kilkenny

Absolutely rock solid in the middle... with wide players who can cut in and interchange with the front two, genuine pace... and someone who is now genuinely good on set pieces... that midfield would destroy this division... and Macca and that other bloke are not bad to have on the bench....

NOW I am truly excited about the season.... well done Shez - absolute quality....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to get to carried away but COME ON YOU BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!! :grin: Not just the kilkenny signing but all the pre-season signing have been great (pending hughes) :wink: . Not one to get carried away but it is looking bloody good for this season :D Full credit to tta and shezza for putting together a team to get excited about again B) . Whatever happens, fingers crossed :blink:

I assume Kilkenny will be playing tomorrow against sheffield wednesday?

For weeks on here I've been irritated by people referring to Kilkenny as KK :nnnng::who: . Now he has signed on loan we have two KKs :aplayer1::aplayer1: . For the avoidance of doubt and so I know exactly whom people are praising or slagging-off and moaning about :mmm: , can we please call him Kilkenny or NK? :deal:

If anyone refers to KK in future then I'll know they're talking about Kamudimba Kalala. Yeh I know he's also a JP but he's as much a KK as Kevin Keegan, and definitely more of a KK than Neil Kilkenny. :)

Guest oa_exile
If anyone refers to KK in future then I'll know they're talking about Kamudimba Kalala. Yeh I know he's also a JP but he's as much a KK as Kevin Keegan, and definitely more of a KK than Neil Kilkenny. :)

Do you really think that will stick ? Jean-Paul Kamudimba Kalala AKA JP

Agree with Butter that I think this pretty much means the end of Neil Wood.

Pecking order goes from what i've seen.

Kilkenny > JP Kalala > Allott > McDonald

Not a bad bunch of centre mid's at this level. More than necessary strength in depth for the middle.

Fantastic news about Kilkenny. Never thought we'd get him after it had dragged on this long. And isn't a midfield maestro like Shez just theman to get the best out of him.

Spot on about Wood. I would like to see midfield of Kilkenny, Kalala, Allott and Taylor with Macca / Liddell to come off the bench. Just need a quality left back (and back up) and we're gonna frighten a few teams this season.

And if this laptop freezes up again, I'm gonna frighten it!! I can see me going missing for a while soon.

Got the text from exile about him signing this avro.... a nice distraction from me watching another England tail end forgetting to wag at Trent Bridge and then spent the next ten minutes telling every Forest fan I could that they may as well give up hopes of the title now :grin:

Little worried about the of season fixture pile up with a good cup round and International call-ups ... we'll need a big squad :D

Taylor, Kalala, Allott, KK midfield for me ...

Loosing players like Wellens, Porter, Haining, Charlton, Rocky etc there was some cause to be concerned .. now the squad looks twice as strong as the one we finshed with last year (on paper anyway).

P.S.

With him signing I can now get rid of white sheets I bought on ebay last year thinking as was getting a bargin .... membership (only $5) applications are now being taken for the newly formed Neil Kilkenny fan Klub ..... the Kilkenny Klub for short :wink:

Agree with many that Killer (see thats better than KK as most called him a couple of years ago) is the final piece of the Shez jigsaw. He will give us so many options.

Its my opinion that he will come out of the stalls with ALL guns blazing cos as Rocky posted the YouTube clip, he wants to represent his country and he can't do that wollowing in the Brum Reserves.

I think we will see a fully focused Killer trying to put in consistent top performances and another reason he has only signed until December MAYBE because he is trying to put himself in the shop window and pick up a permanant signing in the January transfer window to a bigger club or break back into the Brum first team.

Disagree with most of the potential starting midfield line-ups proposed. Mine would be Taylor, Allott, Killer, Lidds. Everyone seems to have Lidds on the bench when he is the only player in the club who can CONSISTANTLY cross a ball ino the box accurately. Allott is a throw-back to the yard-dog midfielders and showed far more energy, vision and passion than Kalala at Rochdale. I know you cannot judge on one performance and i did not see the Clyde game but my above midfield would start against the Wendies BUT i will gladly stand corrected a million times to the judgement of King Shez, whoever he picks in whatever position will do nicely for me.

Bring on the Welsh Boys cos I can't wait.

With him signing I can now get rid of white sheets I bought on ebay last year thinking as was getting a bargin .... membership (only $5) applications are now being taken for the newly formed Neil Kilkenny fan Klub ..... the Kilkenny Klub for short :wink:

I hope you're not planning on abbreviating the Kilkenny Klub to the KKK! :grin:

Disagree with most of the potential starting midfield line-ups proposed. Mine would be Taylor, Allott, Killer, Lidds. Everyone seems to have Lidds on the bench when he is the only player in the club who can CONSISTANTLY cross a ball ino the box accurately.

I agree about Lids we need him in the team, especially now we have Ricketts who should get on the end of his crosses. I personally would have Kalala instead of Allot starting though but it's nice that we actually have a choice of decent players to choose from all of whom will be fighting for a starting place

Liddell has to start. Top assists in this league last season says it all.

Stop looking in the past.... we now have a more creative, quicker, more inventive player, and someone who is better at crossing, and crucially at set pieces.... the team that win in this division have players who can come in from the wings and rip up the oppositons shape...

Lids may have done this last season.... but just think what a better player could do this season...

Long live Krossing King Kilkenny!

Liddell has to start. Top assists in this league last season says it all.

His assists came in the first part of the season after that he fell away ... he didn't add many to the total after that (I know because this sad git looks at the stats in the programmes on my way home ... its a long trip) and ran out of steam in the last few months (ok he wasn't the only one).

I honestly think that it would be a backward step (especailly looking at the quality of the players we have now brought in) to look to start Lidds on a regular basis.

We seem to be looking to be playing an fast expansive game this year, Taylor was always double marked last season as defenders knew they could leave Lidds unmarked and easily make up ground with him. Then towards the end of the season we looked a completely different (and much more dangerous) side when Warnie was pushed out wide on one wing and Taylor the other, gaps appeared in the middle as the defenders were splint or they moved inside at pace sending defenders everywhere. We created so many more chances this way that we could ever have hoped from Lidds crosses... same the strikers couldn't sink it away for us.... no question they will this year.

I like Lidds at lot , but his lack of pace in is final years is the deciding factor for me, his crosses are second to none and offers a real option off the bench.

Stop looking in the past.... we now have a more creative, quicker, more inventive player, and someone who is better at crossing, and crucially at set pieces.... the team that win in this division have players who can come in from the wings and rip up the oppositons shape...

Lids may have done this last season.... but just think what a better player could do this season...

Long live Krossing King Kilkenny!

Kilkenny is a central midfield player not a winger. And he is not a better crosser of the ball than Liddell, Lidds puts quality balls into the box consistantly. Why buy a quality central midfield player and then play him out of position. We need some creativity in the middle of the park as well as out wide and Kilkenny will provide that.