Stadium Redevelopment Update from Council site

What an advert!

i think the tta did look into the value of borrowing the cash from banks,however they said with present conditions it was a non starter.

that said there was a study done a few weeks ago that suggested certain areas of the uk were bucking the trend of house and land price falls.....oldham was one of them,along with 6 or 7 other towns or counties.

home builders are now back working on all or most of the housing sites across the borough,which would also suggest that things are not as bleak as elsewhere in the country,with 3/4 of the developments already sold off plot.

i honestly believe that if we do secure promotion then the rebuild could be stepped up,but to be honest until they see an upturn in attendancies i dont think they will....

the ground size only becomes a problem when the current capacity is breeched or we are in a situation where we are turning people away,and lets face it....thats a long way off just yet isnt it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Credit crunch will be over very soon. I think we will see the market seatle in about two to three years. Ive never bought that the country is in as much trouble as the media says it is.

All in all, looks like we are years and years from seeing a brick layed :(

By the way, anyone got a link to this interview?

Edited by oafc0000

i think the tta did look into the value of borrowing the cash from banks,however they said with present conditions it was a non starter.

that said there was a study done a few weeks ago that suggested certain areas of the uk were bucking the trend of house and land price falls.....oldham was one of them,along with 6 or 7 other towns or counties.

home builders are now back working on all or most of the housing sites across the borough,which would also suggest that things are not as bleak as elsewhere in the country,with 3/4 of the developments already sold off plot.

i honestly believe that if we do secure promotion then the rebuild could be stepped up,but to be honest until they see an upturn in attendancies i dont think they will....

the ground size only becomes a problem when the current capacity is breeched or we are in a situation where we are turning people away,and lets face it....thats a long way off just yet isnt it.

Remember, the main reason for developing the ground was to make the club self sufficient. We are still losing thousands each and every week and we have to have a facility that will earn money for the club every day of the week and not just on alternate Saturdays!!

The whole thing has to happen sooner rather than later, current attendances and league positions are irrelevant, the simple truth is that until we can develop the ground, and improve corporate hospitality ie. Restaurants, Conferencing etc. then TTA won't be able to take the club forward!

TTA cannot keep subsidising the club for ever and we have to become self funding as soon as possible.

*Random email time*

If you had purchased £1000 of Northern Rock shares one year ago it would now be worth £4.95, with HBOS, earlier this week your £1000 would have been worth £16.50, £1000 invested in XL Leisure would now be worth less than £5, but if you bought £1000 worth of Tennents Lager one year ago, drank it all, then took the empty cans to an aluminium re-cycling plant, you would get £150. So based on the above statistics the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and re-cycle.

Why anyone would want to drink a grand's worth of Tennents is a bit beyond me, but anyway...

Mind, all those figures are invented just to make the "quip" work.

HBOS hit a high of £11 a share, meaning £1k would buy 91 shares. It would require a drop to 18p a share for themt o have dropped to £16.50, which never happened.

And an empty can of tennents isn't worth 7.5p either.

*Random email time*

If you had purchased £1000 of Northern Rock shares one year ago it would now be worth £4.95, with HBOS, earlier this week your £1000 would have been worth £16.50, £1000 invested in XL Leisure would now be worth less than £5, but if you bought £1000 worth of Tennents Lager one year ago, drank it all, then took the empty cans to an aluminium re-cycling plant, you would get £150. So based on the above statistics the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and re-cycle.

Why anyone would want to drink a grand's worth of Tennents is a bit beyond me, but anyway...

I saw a similar version of this one. I can safely confirm that it is untrue, as the workings of the Market principle would have made it almost certain that numerous entrepreneurs would have been beating a path to my door years ago if an empty beer can was worth anything like that. And Savage would have retired before he turned 40.

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry, I had forgotten all about that. If you ever get to an away game I'll be happy to buy you a pint.

And so it came to pass at long last, that I met up with Sheridan's World in the Sportsman's pub in Bristol last night. After he needed to prompt me yet again, to my embarrassment, I bought him a pint of Cornish bitter (as you do when on Wurzels' cider territory) to pay my dues over the Clayton Arms bet from last season.

I captured the moment as he was about to savour the long overdue pint, to the sound of 'Mouldy Old Dough' on the pub juke box.

2964402574_1dd5ca12bb.jpg

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Guest sheridans_world

Cheers Diego.

For everyone else, no I havent had my hair cut, its just tied back (yea yea, where's your caravan :blahblah: ) and I purchased those glasses from specksavers anyway so ner! :tongue1: