What's happened to the new players' chants?

think this is the best one by far rocky, it's just the"but we don't care"to me it sounds disrespectful,what about"he committed a crime".

It depends what way you look at it.

I did it for the following reasons.

Lee Hughes wherever you may be...... -

They dont like you in Coventry - (solely for that numpty on talksport who despite saying he wanted to here different views, on the morning it was announced, he wouldnt have anything other than a negative view on his show)

But we dont care - (taking the clubs position from day 1 for Latics fans to not look at the signing as anything other than a footballing coup. Opposition fans have banged on about the signing being a disgrace and Latics fans have responded with the words "we dont care what he's done. We've been asked to look at this from a footballing point of view only from those in charge of our club and that's what we're doing)

you've done your time - (the stand point the majority of 'tics hold that he's served his time and should be given a chance.)

Out on Parole - wearing number 9 (Come the 20th he will be)

Didn't we have a song in the 70s to the tune of 'Men of Harlech', something along the lines of

Jimmy Fryatt's always scoring

Chaddy End is always roaring

Ian Wood is always running

Frizzell is the King

I think I've got the words right but as I wasn't around at the time and I can't find it in Carl Spiers' book of Latics songs, I could be wrong. It's one I've heard sung by the older generation on pre-season booze-ups. I'm sure someone a bit more creative than me could update it.

For our Welsh boys:

Craig Davies always scoring

Chaddy End is always roaring

Neal Eardley always running

Crossley is the King

No doubt those in the top right-hand corner of the main stand, the bottom right-hand corner of the Lookers Paddock and the other small groups will object to the second line, but tough - they won't be singing it in the Chaddy!

For away matches we can change the second line to:

Latics' fans are always roaring

:grin:

I suggested this before so sorry for repeating it - but why not get two players into one chant like so:

(To the tune of the Batman theme)

Ka la la la la la la la RATMAN!

That one is good, simple and funny. I like.

At Rochdale I was chattin to BB80 and he had the simple idea of singing the Rocky them,e tune for Kalala.

Kalalaaaaaaa Kalalalaaaaaa

Kalalalalalalaaa Kalalalala lalaaaaaaaa

and repeat.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

That one is good, simple and funny. I like.

At Rochdale I was chattin to BB80 and he had the simple idea of singing the Rocky them,e tune for Kalala.

Kalalalalalalaaa Kalalalala lalaaaaaaaa

and repeat.

Or to the tune of Hey Jude:

Ka la la

Kalala la

Kalala la

J-P

The rocky theme would be ok for Kalala if so many weren't completely tone deaf! That Rocky song last year at times was woeful, just sounded monotone. If we are going to do the Rocky theme we have to make it a bit longer rather than just repeating the same 2 lines over and over.

Something like:

Kalalaaaaa, Kalalaaaaaa

Kalalaaaaa, Kalalaaaaaa,

He will never stop running, until he's got the ball (make something better up of course)

JPeeeeeeeeeeeee (meanwhile 16 claps)

Repeat.

To the tune of Volare:

Ka-la-la, whoa-oh-oh-oh

Ka-la-la, whoa-oh-oh-oh

He's Oldham's Congolese

He plays with expertise

or variations

Ka-la-la, whoa-oh-oh-oh

Ka-la-la, whoa-oh-oh-oh

He comes from overseas

He's Oldham's Congolese

another

Ka-la-la, whoa-oh-oh-oh

Ka-la-la, whoa-oh-oh-oh

He's Oldham's Congolese

He scores his goals with ease

or

Ka-la-la, whoa-oh-oh-oh

Ka-la-la, whoa-oh-oh-oh

He's Oldham's Congolese

He puts us all at ease

Take your pick or ignore at your leisure <_<:unsure::blink:

:grin:

Variation of one above

Lee Hughes, wherever you may be

They don't like you in Coventry

You've done your time and you'll do me fine

Cos you're OAFC's number 9

B):o:huh:

:)

doesnt exactly roll off the tongue easily though.

As for the Rocky song. Only once was it any good and that was the Swansea away game it was invented at. The only actual time it was sung how it should of been.

doesnt exactly roll off the tongue easily though.

As for the Rocky song. Only once was it any good and that was the Swansea away game it was invented at. The only actual time it was sung how it should of been.

the nananananana tinnys coming out sorry hughseys coming out is the one for me...still got it ringing in my ears now!!

as long as we dont chant ******y ******y******y******y as the scummers did to there centre forward then it be ok!