The Tranmere Match

boboafc

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when latics play tranmere on sat will you boo or clap him when he comes out of the tunnel??? :unsure:

:ass1: :trollarse: :clown::rifle::drinking45:

Bob, sometimes pictures speak more than a 1000 words! Gutted myself as I'm in the sponsors lounge that day(missus has decided to pay for the whole shebang as i'm 30 on Thurs' 8th so 5 of us doing it in style on Sat! ,would've loved to have given him grief, still may just moon him through the window!

Edited by oafcprozac

Guest oa_exile
Gutted myself as I'm in the sponsors lounge that day(missus has decided to pay for the whole shebang as i'm 30 on Thurs' 8th so 5 of us doing it in style on Sat! ,would've loved to have given him grief, still may just moon him through the window!

Join the club , my mates are main sponsors of the game Sat so when you moon you wont be the only ones :D

Personally I don't like to boo former players/managers etc until the result is in the bag - nothing like taunting them into a better performance.

I can see Ronnie using it in his pre-match speach to gee up Rovers - and his team could well dig deep if their manager is getting slaughtered...

Ignore him until hopefully we can chant "Ronnie what's the score?" in confidence?

One of my favourite images of recent times was Mick Wadsworth slumped on the visitor's bench, head in hands, barely able to watch his Hudders side get a 4-1 pasting.

If it goes to 4 on Sat we won't need to boo Ronnie - the Trannies'll do it for us! :D

I can see Ronnie using it in his pre-match speach to gee up Rovers - and his team could well dig deep if their manager is getting slaughtered...

I see your point, Scapegoat, but it didn't work out like that with our players last season when Ronnie was getting slaughtered. Probably because they didn't want to play for him. I suspect the case may be similar at Tranmere this season (speculation, of course).

Personally I don't like to boo former players/managers etc until the result is in the bag - nothing like taunting them into a better performance.

Spot-on Scapegoat. Goad the gob:censored:e when we're giving his team a dicking but not before......I've been a Tic for too long to count mi chickens and all that.

Remember when Warnock came back to BP with Bury, the whole ground was singing "WARNOCK OUT!"?

Looking back at that time, he must have felt awful. But he's doing alright and, believe it or not - now he's my favourite manager in the Prem.

I think that puts you in a minority of about 1 then Rummy! :P

Probably, but I hate the namby-pamby "But full credit to them" arsewipe, cliche driven, stereotypical mangers that are so boring they make me physically sick.

He just says it as it is. No messing, he'll even say it on telly too.

Probably, but I hate the namby-pamby "But full credit to them" arsewipe, cliche driven, stereotypical mangers that are so boring they make me physically sick.

He just says it as it is. No messing, he'll even say it on telly too.

I completely agree, but I prefer Stuart Pearce misself.............there's much less of the hairy palmed fiddler about him, and whenever I see the footage of him celebrating that penalty score in Euro 96 it always makes the hairs stand-up on the back of mi neck. Colin just doesn't have the same effect on me! :P

Here's some moore:

“It isn’t all Oldham supporters, but there are a few who think they are still a Premiership club.

“They still have that Premiership mood in their minds and if they aren’t beating sides week-in, week-out, you get them moaning.

“It isn’t an easy place to be, and I know I’m going to get some stick. I hope it’s going to be in good fun.

“You can never really tell, but if we get the right result I will certainly be milking it.”

“We kept Oldham up when I first went there, and then we finished 10th last season, which was one of their best positions for some time.

“I introduced Shez to the first-team coaching set-up while I was there and I think he is doing a tremendous job.

“If you look at the side now, there are something like nine of that team who were my players last season.

“I was shocked when the owners said they wanted a change, but in my own mind I know I did a decent job.”

Nine of the team were your players?

Pogs - no, you binned him.

Eardley - not really your player, is he Ron?

Charlton - nope.

Haining - nope, was already here.

Gregan - nope, you wish.

Taylor - youth teamer, hard to claim him as your own, Ronaldo.

Wellens - yep, you can have that 'un.

McDonald - oops! No.

Liddell - yeah, okay.

Ports and Warne - there's another couple and, to be fair, you did well.

So four then. That's pretty much the same as nine.

Next he'll be telling us he took us to our highest finish in twenty years.

Guest gillianfn

...Introduced Shez to first team coaching? Didn't John pick up the reins when my hero left? Prick.

Ronnie Moore, you're a hairy palmed fiddler, you're a hairy palmed fiddler. Not ladylike, I know, but I'm just warming myself up for tomorrow.

Edited by gillianfn

We play Tranmere Rovers!,we should get behind our team from the off,not a contstant barrage of abuse towards the touchline.At 4.50ish we can be 9 points infront of them or just the 3/4.At the start of September they was 9 in front,so lets get behind the Blues from the start to the finish.