The Tranmere Match

boboafc

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was for kicking or stamping wasn't too sure but there was a bit of aggro. Probably trying to release his leg as someone has said but the appeal board won't change the decision.

Looks like we're gonna miss Wellens for 3 games!

Did we just win then? Are we top of the league? Am I going to wake up from this dream? It just seems surreal. Was manic in BP when that went in. Get in! :bounce::latics:

In the second half the atmosphere just ramped up, it was fantastic. We should've won that about 2 or 3 nil. They were no great shakes. And when the goal went in it was absolute chaos in the Lookers upper....

:D

Can't believe 3 points wasn't enough ammo for Wellens to rub in - No, he had to have a kick too. A big loss to us against Blackpool on Tuesday.

Stupid Boy.

Supporters applauding his actions wasn't very bright either, despite the fact that the sockcooker deserved a kick!

In the second half the atmosphere just ramped up, it was fantastic. We should've won that about 2 or 3 nil. They were no great shakes. And when the goal went in it was absolute chaos in the Lookers upper....

:D

Superb atmosphere in the Chaddy as well,almost didn't believe the ref had given it for a couple of seconds.That pitch is shocking though bobbling about everywhere,a thousand plagues on your house Oldham Roughyeds Flip off and play somewhere else,don't need you jeopardising us winning the league by nullifying our silky skills.

Nearly fell into the lookers paddock today from upstairs.

First time I've ever felt the need to climb properly on top of the wall of the Lookers upper to celebrate a goal.

Just took one look down and decided to jump back down pretty rapid before I fell down.

What a finish!! Absolutely priceless :bounce:

Kiss it Ronnie Moron!!!! :trollarse:

:ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3: :ass3:

Say we are....

probably find their player will not want it so it'll be claimed by hall...

either way who cares!! excellent feeling all the same

Don't think Hall touched it, so if their player doesn't want it (and the officials don't give it to him anyway) surely it will be Porters for the initial shot?

Guest oa_exile

I thought Porter scored......but then i didnt really didnt give a :censored: when it went in the net and everyone went ballistic :icon_peace:

Guest oa_exile

It was like the equaliser at Scunny , everyone just went mad , absolutly fooking mad :icon_peace: and then at the final whistle :coffee1: (i am a liar as well , still talking for an hour after about it :applause1: )

Missed the cobblers game, but that makes 3 average (or worse) league performances for me.

Scunthorpe (very limited chances considering the possession), Bristol (awful in possession and limited chances) and today (again limited chances given quality of oppo and possession).

But we have got 4 points from them and we have gone top!

Hopefully we can get the performances back soon and continue the form, but the loss of Wellens will be a big blow. Blackpool and Swansea are tough games, particularly without our most creative midefielder. THink I would be happy with 3 points from those 2 games.

I thought Porter scored......but then i didnt really didnt give a rubbish when it went in the net and everyone went ballistic :icon_peace:

I said about after 60 mins that we deserved to win,a dn i didn't care how e did it, z\ 70 yeard hoof and an own goal would do it......i it seems my wish came true! :D

Ronnie is one bizarre man!

"There Was One Mistake In The Game And It Cost Us"

Ronnie Moore

Ronnie Moore was disappointed to see his side concede a late goal from what he described as the only mistake in the game.

The Rovers manager said: "I don't think there were many opportunities in the game. We defended well when we had to. I can't ask for much more. For effort and commitment they did alright, maybe we just needed a bit more composure when we were around their penalty area.

"There was one mistake in the game and what a time to make it. It has cost us dear. Gavin is six foot five, if anything the lad should end up in the net with the ball in Gavin's hands, so I think it's a mistake. They've had two chances in the game and it looked like it was going to be 0-0. But if you make the mistake when we did, it's going to be difficult to get back in the game.

"It's not going to be settled today. It would have helped if we'd won or drawn it. There are a lot of lads in there today who are gutted. As an attacking force we weren't brilliant today, but you're not going to get that every game.

"We came to a good side today and I didn't think we were going to lose. I couldn't see the goal coming and we got the little bit of luck towards the end when they hit the post. I didn't think we deserved to lose the game."

Were those who seem so eager to criticise Wellens actually at the game today?

If so, did they have a decent view of the incident?

The sending off was an absolute travesty - Wellens did very little wrong, barely deserving of a free kick let alone a red card. I can only imagine that from his angle the ref thought Wellens had stamped on their player. Hopefully there's decent video coverage from the NSM stand side - which will clearly show he did nothing of the kind.

Should be appealed and rescinded, but I won't hold my breath.

Edited by garcon

Not quite sure I'd agree with everything he says, but I would not have felt too unfairly treated if we had drawn 0-0 today. For a home team, playing against a team 6 or 7 places below us, we didn't (for my money) do enough to feel we fully deserved the three points.

Porters chance in the first half, Halls woodwork shot and a shout for a pen is all I can recall as genuine threats.

Tranmere came and did a job - and it very nearly worked. If roles were reversed I'd feel Latics had done enough for a hard-earned point away against a top team.

However - we nicked it, and I am very very grateful.

Not many oppurtunities.

We had three clear cut chances in the 2nd half alone.

One of which was Tranmere's highlight of the game - and about the only thing i'll give them credit for. Porter racing through, and a last ditch superbly timed tackle took the ball away from him before he had chance to crack it.

When we hit the post, and when we scored being the others.

We were on top. Tranmere couldnt cope at times, and just lumped it too us so we could attack again, and again. It was a touch like Forest, be it Forest had the excuse they were down to 9 men.

Defended well when they had too? Yeah. Phuckin 90 minute's worth.

You came not thinking you were gonna lose. That's cos you came playing for the draw.