The Tranmere Match

boboafc

Ya mean that Chris is a bit of a dunderhead?! :P

Pretty much, but I think if we can get someone in then that would change, becuase he could go out on loan and learn not to do things like that - because you simply can't be taught that kind of stuff, you have to learn it yourself from time in a comptetitive side and the experiance of getting it wrong.

Same with his control. You don't improve that playing in the reserves, not drastically anyway, because you have so much time and space.

However, I really don't think he could make the step up to the Championship - which I would hope to be required - which means maybe he goes out on a season long loan next year to a 3rd/4th division team and then we see where we/he stands after that.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was fantastic yesterday.

Came on, didn't give anything away defensivly, won some important tackles (even if they were school boy 'stick a leg out behind you' ones), some important headers, and most impressive was his forward runs.

There is no doubting Charltons ability, but I thought Lomax offered a new outlet pushing on, his ability to get up and down on the overlap for Taylor allowed Taylor to come inside (which he likes to do, being on the Left) more effectivly and although his final ball let him down a couple of times that will come once he's used to being in the side.

I certainly don't think he replaces Charlton, not yet anyway. But I think he did enought to give Shez another thing to think about, and if he gets a run in the side if Charlton is out with the injury I think he could potentially make the place his own.

Sat in the George Hill yesterday... Richie has his moment of madness and gets sent off, Shez turns round to the bench and calls for the subs... he wants to make a change... (Ronnie looks confused, he doesn't know what they are!)

Lee Nobles points out we've already made three... Shez doesn't believe him, still trying to get a sub... Tommy tells him we've made three... he doesn't believe him... then stands there like a dog chewing a wasp as his brain tinkers through who the bloody hell we have on the pitch... 4th official tells him, he gives up. we win anyway.

Great comedy to end a great day!

After seeing Shez choose Rocky over Gary Mc yesterday after he came back from a ban.....do you think Shez will go for a Rocky/Gary Mc partnership while Richies away?

Personally id stick Gregan in the midfield....dont see Gary Mc or Rocky as the type of player to get stuck in etc......got good enough cover at CB with Stam....anyone agree?

Edited by kellys_discopants

Sat in the George Hill yesterday... Richie has his moment of madness and gets sent off, Shez turns round to the bench and calls for the subs... he wants to make a change... (Ronnie looks confused, he doesn't know what they are!)

Lee Nobles points out we've already made three... Shez doesn't believe him, still trying to get a sub... Tommy tells him we've made three... he doesn't believe him... then stands there like a dog chewing a wasp as his brain tinkers through who the bloody hell we have on the pitch... 4th official tells him, he gives up. we win anyway.

Great comedy to end a great day!

Must have forgotten about bringing on Lomax in the first half.

(Ronnie looks confused, he doesn't know what they are!)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1) Watched it in slo-motion on Sky+ a number of times. After 'keeper fumbles it might, just might, clip Halls back as its drops down and in to the net. Impossible to be certain from the angle, but a forward will defenitely claim it did. If it boosts his confidence then all the better.

I watched it in slo-mo too and thought that it might have clipped Hall, but in normal speed it clearly doesn't. It's one where normal speed gives you the best view and slo-mo doesn't.

TV replays for key football decisions? Nah.

He was superb yesterday. Especially when faced against Shuker.

You can see he's got a bit of creativity about him as well.

A few people will see them as misplaced passes, but it was purely because Lomax and whatever striker it was at the time - having different idea's as to where they wanted it. He'd have undone there defence with a few of those passes if Porter/Warney/Taylor had cottoned on to what he was doing.

Glad Shez resigned him. He definately had a point to prove.

A few people will see them as misplaced passes, but it was purely because Lomax and whatever striker it was at the time - having different idea's as to where they wanted it. He'd have undone there defence with a few of those passes if Porter/Warney/Taylor had cottoned on to what he was doing.

Totally agree, that is something which will click into place after a few games and as you say could really cause defenders problems, becuase if Ports/Warn had seen it coming they're great balls in - had the defence turning which is what a good ball should do.

I dont think it was going in. It looked as though he aimed it pretty much spot on to where Chris Hall was running too.

Definate own goal.

Butter Fingers. Chris Hall did well to show his pressence and do enough to put him off.

It doesn't look like it was going in on tele', but I was right behind Porter's lob and it definitely looked like it was goal-bound.

I thought Kelvin was outstanding when he came on, aside from a couple of poor passes. I've been impressed everytime I've seen him play, to be honest. I also thought that Hall put in one of his best performances, managing to win a lot in the air.

Guest oa_exile

Great Sean ! , i am actually on those ones at the goal celebrations in the lower lookers.

I can see myself going ballistic ,bit blurred though :blink: , film star B)