Lee Hughes - Parole Day?

After Hughes was charged and released on bail, he was allowed to continue playing for WBA. Although the media had to lay off him at that time, because Court proceedings were pending, the opposition fans were not subjected to such gagging and there were many more of them at the Baggies' games than there will be at ours. Therefore they gave him absolute hell match after match after match, because in their eyes he was guilty as charged and he had not received any punishment at that stage. So they felt entitled to make his life on the pitch as miserable as possible.

Try to put yourself in the place of the oppostion fan, firstly when he played for WBA and secondly when he plays for Latics at some future date. If you know that you would have given him abuse, would your level of abuse have been greater when he was awaiting his appearance in Court, or now that he's been in prison and is out on parole?

I'm looking forward to seeing hughes play. I cant blame the opposing fans for giving him stick coz am sure id do the same if he played for an opposing team. And didnt jermaine pennant play with a tag on? surely the mans served his sentence and deserves a new start. In the eyes of the law he is a free man to do as he likes. And as long as he's scoring plenty of goals and performing on the pitch he has my full support to revive his football career!!!

I'm right behind you hughsey!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic