Taxi for Hughes!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubbish!

The competition runs until someone genuinely gets mashie niblick in as a pun. :)

A bit on the fringe of the topic, but I heard Peter Allis commentating on the Open a few weeks back. He described one bunker as "containing just enough room for one angry man and his niblick". Genius.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

While doing some family history research the other day I came across a guy called Michael Skinib, who was a taxi driver and had served his time as a golf club maker. I thought blimey, what were the odds on a golfer having a name which is an anagram of mashie niblick, and when will I ever get the opportunity to post this on OWTB? :mmm:

While doing some family history research the other day I came across a guy called Michael Skinib, who was a taxi driver and had served his time as a golf club maker. I thought blimey, what were the odds on a golfer having a name which is an anagram of mashie niblick, and when will I ever get the opportunity to post this on OWTB? :mmm:

You're yanking our chains, aren't you, Mr. Sideburns?

Not Farrah the first time.

:getmecoat:

how about getting chickers to be his driver

Do you think that Lee sees us as a Rescue Club ?

I wonder what The Irons are making of all the fuss at Upton Park ?

If we get through in the Carling Cup, do you think he might make his debut at St Andrews ?

Or will he make his debut in Augusta ?

(sorry if they've been used before, and if they're not funny !!!)

Off topic - did you know that Jonathon Gaunt is an anagram of f***ing tosser .... I mean "A Taunting John"

Even if he did decide to stay in the middlands, he woul dbe able to get a lift off Ricketts as he lives there.

His wife is still with him though, i know there were rumours of her "playing a round" behind his back, but that was just paper talk, although when he read about it one dinner time it made his drop his cheese and pickle "Sand wedge".

Sorry, i couldnt resist.

...although when he read about it one dinner time it made his drop his cheese and pickle "Sand wedge".

The Midlands' pickle would be from Branston, Burton-on-Trent (birthplace of Craig Davies), where there is a nice golf course if you're thinking of visiting, although it's a fair way from Oldham.

The Midlands' pickle would be from Branston, Burton-on-Trent (birthplace of Craig Davies), where there is a nice golf course if you're thinking of visiting, although it's a fair way from Oldham.

I'd like to join in this joke-a-thon, but having been out on the p1ss i'm feeling a bit in the rough so i'm bunkered.......