Are you here thanks to a Latics' victory celebration?

Diego_Sideburns

Baby Boom  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do to celebrate a Latics win?

• A meal out.
    • Drinks with friends.
    • A pub crawl.
    • A quiet night in with a feeling of mission accomplished.
    • In the bedroom.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
I've gone for number 5 although it isn't always limited to the bedroom.

Sometimes I'll "celebrate" in front of the TV or while using my Laptop.

With you being a Carpet i suppose this is what you mean >>Rug<< :grin:

Inspiral_Carpet AKA the Shagging Rug ^_^

It was a chicken balti, losers.

Mind you, I was the only one of us who actually saw the goal, as I hadn't turned to gawp at Miss Marsh as she took her seat :biker:

Poor pie skills in any case. When I were a lad, on the rare occasions when we scored just after half time, my dad taught me how to eat a pie, drink a cup of white-hot Bovril without spilling a drop and jump up and down like a maniac all at the same time.

Spitting the pie out following a mere 80-yarder is just pathetic. :grin:

It was a chicken balti, losers.

Mind you, I was the only one of us who actually saw the goal, as I hadn't turned to gawp at Miss Marsh as she took her seat :biker:

I also missed the goal - but I was gawping at my own pie!

Anyone know who we were playing and what was the result on the weekend nearest to 20 April 1974?

I just realised that 20 April 1974 was a Saturday. Thick plottens...

We beat Huddersfield 6-0 at Boundary Park. That moved us to joint top and we went on the win the League after gaining a point at York City. Bristol Rovers eventually came finished second.

Clearly a brilliant reason for getting jiggy in the bedroom.

How romantic? Watch your team win six-zip against local rivals to go top of the league, head back to the D&P for few pints of Lees by way of foreplay and Hey Presto!

Nine months later it's...

:happybday:

Good job your dad was a fitness fanatic back then, these days I reckon keepy uppy would be enough of a challenge for him, never mind six shots at goal.

Happy Birthday, Diego.

I'll be raising a few Changs in your honour tonight. (Wish it was Marstons Pedigree!!!)

I was born exactly 9 months to the day after our 11-0 home win against Southport. Coincidence?

Happy Birthday, Diego.

I'll be raising a few Changs in your honour tonight. (Wish it was Marstons Pedigree!!!)

I was born exactly 9 months to the day after our 11-0 home win against Southport. Coincidence?

We should form a club. Only those conceived following a 5-0 or better Blues win can join. :grin:

We could call ourselves the OAFC Five-up Conception Kids.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

In_Spiralcarpet perchance? :wink:

Edit: I'm not sure how you'd get in a spiral carpet - maybe if it was rolled up? :)

Maybe get a carpet fitter to put it in on a spiral staircase?

Since I am the only one with any taste at all in my family in regards to football, I don't have a scooby who we played on August 30th 1967.

KtF,

Derek.

Maybe get a carpet fitter to put it in on a spiral staircase?

Since I am the only one with any taste at all in my family in regards to football, I don't have a scooby who we played on August 30th 1967.

KtF,

Derek.

Not good I'm afraid Derek. Your conception was sandwiched between two League Cup ties against Workington.

29/8/67 saw a 1-1 draw at BP (aet) and 1/9/67 saw us lose 2-1 at their place in the Replay.

Believe it or not, we had to wait until 21/10/67 for our second win in all competions for that Season. That game however saw us start a run of 7 winning League games on the bounce. :)

OK then, 7th of Feb 1974? Although the chances of a Latics win having persuaded my then Rochdale dwelling, football hating Prestonian dad to get conkers deep with my football ignorant Irish mum are slim.

Not bad LL.

A couple of days after a resounding 2-0 away win against the Bindippers and a few days before another equally resounding away win (3-1) at Spotland.

Check Your Own

Anyone know who we were playing and what was the result on the weekend nearest to 20 April 1974?

I just realised that 20 April 1974 was a Saturday. Thick plottens...

It must have been a good year....i was being cooked" up around 27th October '73...same season was there a serial casanova around that season!! :jailed:

If so i def didn't get his looks!! :lol: