A Few Observations

Paul Gard, you can have your opinion on here but if you post in that manner you will be ridiculed. Can I just point to last season as a reason why you are talking garbage. Some of the latics fans need to learn about patience, have you ever heard the phrase - Rome wasnt built in a day.

As for Rickets, it seems to me that all the people who abuse him do not know what he supposed to be doing. Is it any surprise that historically the target men have always been the first to get abuse.

Guest oa_exile
anyone on here thinks were top six material are deluded,we were crap yesterday and anyone who wants to come on here and say we were'nt are also deluded.i'll give you 5-1 we don't make top six,leeds will finish above us.everyone talking about what a good front line we have,well ricketts is crap tell me what he's done now in 3 league games,answer nash.midfield crap,defence were do we start,thomson not up to it if he was forest would still have him.gregan,well if he's not the most overrated player at the club then i don't know who is,spent most of the second half walking about not doubling up with thomson on their centreforward when we were attacking,so much wrong about his game,and the leftback could'nt pass water.struggle to finish in top half imo.cue the onslaught from those with blue tinted specs on.

:sign0094: Deluded ! three games in and you have written us off as a team on no hopers ! , Get a :censored:ing grip Man !

Agree not the best start (as per last year) not the best football shown to date , but to write us off ! :sign0003: Season is over 46 games not 3.

:censored:ing shocking Post ! You :clown:

This is definitely one of those threads to bookmark for later in the season... :D

I think it's pointless making any kind of prediction at all until at least ten games in. We've made a very similar start to last season - lots of pretty foreplay football (brilliant definition by the way! :lol: ) but missing a killer touch, not defending well enough as a team and lacking a bit of bite in midfield (especially on Sat - we missed Allott). These are all things that, if Shez is doing things right, will come with more games.

Man for man, we have a better squad than the one we started last season with, which should indicate progress. What we don't know yet is how much the other contenders have improved too.

And if you must look at our performance in the first 3 games in terms of how we might do this season - we're above Forest and Doncaster. I'll wager that if we're above Forest and Doncaster come May we'll have done ok. :D

Thought we battered the Tractors on Sat'di but they defended well and we didn't get the rub of the green. And that miss by Smalley.....AAARGH!!! As long as we keep making lots of chances and passing it around we will be ok. Thought the Chaddy End was superb in the second half, we really got behing them (barring a few to$$ers booing some of the players - where do they get off?) With Stammy, Allot, Hughesy to come back into the fray, nothing to worry about!

Thought the Chaddy End was superb in the second half, we really got behing them (barring a few to$$ers booing some of the players - where do they get off?)

I don't know why they bother, I couldn't believe them! I thought the Chaddy was a bit quieter than normal...oh wait it was- no drum bangin in my ear!

I don't know why they bother, I couldn't believe them! I thought the Chaddy was a bit quieter than normal...oh wait it was- no drum bangin in my ear!

Cant exactly say it spoilt the atmos not having the drum. 1st half WAS very quiet but 2nd, thought we all gave it a go and tried to lift the boys (and tell the ref how not-good he was!) The boo boys will always turn up and I think it makes their day when someone isn't playing too good - gives em a chance to moan!!

Nothing like a good old cyberscrap to liven up an evening...

That aside, for what it's worth I reckon we'll be doing nicely by September and I've a feeling Hughes is going to fire us into the top six.

And having another striker around can only be a good thing that will light a fire under the a**e of forwards who may not be pulling their considerable weight...

• 7 months later...
this is early days yet - are you entitled to your opininon - so not going to have a go at anyone for that - i agree with one thing we were crap on sat - i dont know where shez got that was our best performance of the season from cause reading the report and his comments i was at a totally different game

illl take your 5-1 offer if it is still on the cards 20quid for me. we have a team of players who are not 100% fit and ricketts being one of em, along with Thomo and has proven now KK, Grregan is one of the best centre halfs in this league but if that makes him crap then hey ho.

why are the not fit i dont know - but we are a top six side and as the aseason goes on it will prove its self to be - we the players with that ability and football will be played - must admit tho sounds like you could be a relation of ronnie moore but thats again opinions,

thi is the place to voice your opinion and im gald you are not one of those prats in the NSM stand who slagged off ricketts from the 1st minute, the guy is not going to run round like a headless chicken, for the full lenght of time he is on the pitch and once those idiots realise that they may just take a step back and analyse what he is trying to do he has a fantatsic football brain and will get better as the season goes on(thats me with my rose coloured specs) (maybe why i thought we were crap) anyways time will tell

remember this,i'll be in the clayton green on 26april after the match to collect your 20quid or just shake your hand.ktf.

if we are all postive at the game, we can view our opinions on here because that is the pure beauty about our game.

dont forget £20 at 5-1 please top six finish

paul, I take it you're implying you were right to write off our season after 3 games.

You weren't. And you never would be. Judging a season on 3 games is just fooling yourself.

It's just that coincidence and fate have conspired to win you that bet. :grin:

But while we're talking about early season predictions.....

And if you must look at our performance in the first 3 games in terms of how we might do this season - we're above Forest and Doncaster. I'll wager that if we're above Forest and Doncaster come May we'll have done ok. :D

Seems I wasn't far wrong there, eh?

Edited by garcon

you were'nt far wrong garcon,i wish i would of been wrong honest,i don't want the money mate.have you read through all the posts,seems its been like this all season.ktf.

Sign of a truly inconsistent season I guess. Never really knowing how we might finish up, the optimists always looking up, the pessimists looking down.

At least we're safe, had a few great games, and hopefully the basis of a stronger squad for next season.

Sign of a truly inconsistent season I guess. Never really knowing how we might finish up, the optimists always looking up, the pessimists looking down.

At least we're safe, had a few great games, and hopefully the basis of a stronger squad for next season.

yep,lets hope next season is the one.

Not as good as my predictions though :wink: Even the one about Shez's head being called for, for not doing what "on paper" we should be doing.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=120021

Edited by boundaryblue80