Ricketts

3rd minute (if that) at Burnley - some muppet in a burberry cap (he must have been about 50 years old) shouts "COME ON RICKETTS! DO SOMETHING! *mutters* lazy \expletive/"

There appears to be some kind of mob mentality when it comes to Ricketts? What possibly could he have done (or not done) to have abuse hurled at him for WINNING A HEADER.

He needs time. As said by many before me, he's not played many games and its clear that he's not properly fit.

Even half-fit, though, he's a better player than most, if not all of our team. In my opinion that is. His movement and touches are something we've not seen in a striker (well, I certainly haven't in my 8-9years watching Latics).

Give him some time.

He's certainly a lot better than the drivel we've had up front in the past (read: Craig Dudley, Allan Smart, Carlo Corrazzin etc etc.) and he will show it.

Some crosses into the box would be nice.

I agree with the drop Taylor/Bertrand on the left idea.

Keep the Faith

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two reasons why the worst (and I mean THE WORST) of the boo boys have targetted Ricketts:

1. He doesn't constantly run round at 90 miles an hour giving "110% effort" like Paul Warne. "Effort" and being able to look like you're running fast is all that matters. Skill, ability, any degree of discernable product ... all completely irrelevant.

2. He's black.

Deeply sad, but true.

By the way, please don't think I'm accusing anyone who criticises Ricketts of racism. I'm not. For most of the boo boys, my first reason above is enough. But there is, I'm afraid, a small but hardened core.

As it happens I tend to agree with those who say we've only seen glimpses of Ricketts' true ability so far, and as the season progresses we're going to need to see more. So I also agree with those who say give him time.

By the way, please don't think I'm accusing anyone who criticises Ricketts of racism. I'm not. For most of the boo boys, my first reason above is enough. But there is, I'm afraid, a small but hardened core.

As it happens I tend to agree with those who say we've only seen glimpses of Ricketts' true ability so far, and as the season progresses we're going to need to see more. So I also agree with those who say give him time.

I just can't believe that there is still racism within football

No matter what colour a latics player is doesn't deserve any of that

He will come good

Just takes a couple of goals

sorry chaddylad dont think you can put the quality of ricketts in the same sentence as beckford, this will be the turn around of the season fans onside with ricketts -

i am on the same side as ricketts and i hope he does prove all the booers wrong - someone said wait till october for the wins to start rolling in - we need the wins now! we do this every season and look where we end up , fighting for promotion!

Ricketts won't match what Warne scored last season, mark my words.

Coco, i really hope yopu are well and truly wrong on this one (as more than 11 goals for Ricketts will bode well also for the team), but if you are right i will hold my cap in hand and put a couple of beers on it myself come end of april/may!!

I just can't believe that there is still racism within football

No matter what colour a latics player is doesn't deserve any of that

He will come good

Just takes a couple of goals

Anyone who went to THAT Stoke game knows how many were in there (round and about) from the National Front, and how many (thousand) Latics fans joined in. To say that we don't have racist fans I'm afraid is not correct.

I'd say that we have more racist fans than other clubs, and more worrying they are the nasty racists (those that are doing it because they are bad people rather than an ignorance).

I'd not say they will jump on Latics players because they are black, but they'll do it a hell of a lot quicker if they are.

Anyone who went to THAT Stoke game knows how many were in there (round and about) from the National Front, and how many (thousand) Latics fans joined in. To say that we don't have racist fans I'm afraid is not correct.

I'd say that we have more racist fans than other clubs, and more worrying they are the nasty racists (those that are doing it because they are bad people rather than an ignorance).

I'd not say they will jump on Latics players because they are black, but they'll do it a hell of a lot quicker if they are.

Thousand latics fans ? I dont remember that sorry!!!! Much, much less than that!!!!

Thousand latics fans ? I dont remember that sorry!!!! Much, much less than that!!!!

It was around that. I wish it was less.

I have never been so ashamed in my life and I doubt I ever will be again.

On a side note I do think (with the tour de la Bangladesh) that we are trying to move forward, it will just take a long time.