"You're the scout"

Just read this in the chron we should be doing more to keep talent like this.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/

Super Mac on cloud nine

AARON James (left), of Chaddy End FC under-nines ‘B’, clears his lines.

Carlton McIntosh

Junior soccer round up

BOUNDARY Park Juniors hot-shot Carlton McIntosh is taking the Tameside Sunday League by storm.

The Radclyffe School pupil has scored 63 goals in only 14 games in all competitions for the under-13s this season, and recently put nine past Moston Valley Phoenix.

“Carlton has both pace and power and is an outstanding prospect,” enthused manager Simon Wood.

“He was at the Oldham Athletic centre of excellence for a short spell, but decided that was not for him. He enjoys it here and prefers to be with us.”

What makes the 12-year-old’s goal-scoring feat even more outstanding is that he plays in midfield.

This is his second season at Boundary Park Juniors and Carlton is spearheading his side’s assault on the title.

They boast a 100-per-cent record in under-13s division ‘A’ — nine wins out of nine — and are through to the quarter-finals of the Challenge Cup.

Their most recent success was against Hattersley FC, who were swept aside 7-1. Carlton claimed a hat-trick.

Liam Wood weighed in with a double and Adam Rathbone got the other, and it was those goals which brought up the team’s century in the league this season.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know one.

He is not exactly what you will be thinking of, but he has "got it" even at such a young age.

The lad is called Joshua Halliday and his dad owns Cable comms who are one of the clubs big sponsors.

I watched the lad play football against kids a lot older than him and he was unbeleivable. His awarness of whats going on around him and ability to play the ball exactly where he should is unreal for a kid of 7. I have asked someone to see if he can get into the academy, but i know they dont take them until there 8, but this lad has deffinately got it.

Mark my words, this lad will make it.

wasn't there a young lad who was Mascot the ether week when we had a couple,. Was passing better than Kilkenny during the warm up. I seem to remember him being attached to someones academy though. It might have been mentioned by announcer (Who's name has totally escaped me at this moment. Its the Dementia you know).

Edited by happyterryb

Keigan Parker at scumpool, his proposed move to Barnsley fell through, Swansea wanted him but it looks as though they got sick of waiting because they have just got a young lad on loan fron man.utd. It looks like his days on the fylde are numbered as he is rumoured to have had a massive bust up with Grayson over his arrest over criminal damage at a brothel a month ago. Surely a loan deal until the end of the season wouldnt do us any harm.

Keigan Parker at scumpool, his proposed move to Barnsley fell through, Swansea wanted him but it looks as though they got sick of waiting because they have just got a young lad on loan fron man.utd. It looks like his days on the fylde are numbered as he is rumoured to have had a massive bust up with Grayson over his arrest over criminal damage at a brothel a month ago. Surely a loan deal until the end of the season wouldnt do us any harm.

yeah, brill... lets send Greegs to negotiate the deal... he aint doin owt at the moment...

Hi Kiegan... :argue::angry::violent111:

But think about it seriously... do we really need a forward who tends to drift out wide, has a bit of an attitude problem, and plays with his head down most of the game... we already have one...

Tell you what though - looks as if greegs was right when he said Parker would never play at a level above league 1!

wasn't there a young lad who was Mascot the ether week when we had a couple,. Was passing better than Kilkenny during the warm up. I seem to remember him being attached to someones academy though. It might have been mentioned by announcer (Who's name has totally escaped me at this moment. Its the Dementia you know).

Yeah i remember that, the kid was at Liverpol however. Philiskirk was watching him goggled eyed though!!!!

BP1960- Do you still scout for latics? and if so what do you think of our current crop of youngsters, the first and second years?

Although Latics are my first love I have never actually scouted for them.

The reason is I have connections in the Midlands and worked for clubs which required scouts outside their local areas for player and match assessments.

The current crop of youngsters are fine and next season should see a marked improvement as long as they are willing to improve their skills and show a determination to succeed.

That is the key.

Edited by BP1960

Although I'm not a great fan of loan signings when someone of quality could be available the possibility needs to be strongly considered.

I watched the talented young Daniel De Ridder play for Birmingham reserves recently and he is just the type of clever attacking midfielder/winger the Latics need.

I don't think wages would be a big problem as he is not an established first teamer so must be worth an enquiry on loan - although if his wages and fee could be met I would buy him outright.

Have a look at his profile, he has a good pedigree.

Profile;

Daniel De Ridder

Although I'm not a great fan of loan signings when someone of quality could be available the possibility needs to be strongly considered.

I watched the talented young Daniel De Ridder play for Birmingham reserves recently and he is just the type of clever attacking midfielder/winger the Latics need.

I don't think wages would be a big problem as he is not an established first teamer so must be worth an enquiry on loan - although if his wages and fee could be met I would buy him outright.

Have a look at his profile, he has a good pedigree.

Profile;

Daniel De Ridder

He's played in the top leagues in Holland, Spain and England - surely he must be on a decent wage? He must be rated more highly than Kilkenny as he is still there, I'd guess he would be some way out of our reach. Still, you never know.

• 4 weeks later...
Do you mean Dowson? If so, he's just signed for Lee Richardson at Chesterfield.

Sorry, I did mean David Dowson..I notice he scored on his debut, another one missed by latics just like Sherjil McDonald..there are more out there and I will keep looking.

• 4 weeks later...

After looking quite promising in the reserve appearances I have seen, The Chron reports that trainee Adam Edwards, a striker with reserve-team experience, has left Boundary Park by mutual consent.

Oh well. Looked to have a bit of something, never mind eh.