• Pogs
    • Chaddy The Owl
    • Gordon Lawton

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oafc0000 isn't an Oldham fan.

Oh no... I can see that he is... his statements have some basis... if inconsistent.... I would never begrudge people having opinions, if they can back them up... however having a blind attitude of negativity about everything sometimes causes peoples alligencies to be questioned...

I would never suspect that anyone on this board is anything but a committed fan.... however, sometimes peoples posts bring this into question.... a little persective is needed sometimes! Look at me... I openly say bertrand and Liddell do not deserve to wear the shirt... however, this does not mean we are going to get relegated, or that we are the worst team in history...

We are watching 3rd div football - everything in perspective please... we have flawas... but shez will get the whole blance right... 1 dodgy performance does not a bad team make...

I see your point but your taking posts too literal at the same time. I was commenting on OUR only win not even being something we can get truely excited about! It was abit of a smoke screen!

To have a sucesful season you need a combination of good performances and stealing the games..... With more of a lean towards good perfromances! We played badly in our first game and the Davies pops up and makes it 2-1 and we take the 3 points. The we had a couple of games were we passed it around well but didnt make an implact on the scoreline leading up until saturdays game were we did very very little right at all. The team isnt improving on a weekly basis they are going backwards.

Now you say we cant have it both ways, but we NEED it both ways. We need to be able to nick games and but in performances were we domniate and walk the game. Thats how you get promoted.

Agreed - 100%!

however having a blind attitude of negativity about everything sometimes causes peoples alligencies to be questioned

I hope that wasnt aimed at me ? I am far from that. At the moment im calling a spade a spade. Won 1 lost 3 ....is poor and shows we have issues.....Thats not negative, thats realiity.....

I hope that wasnt aimed at me ? I am far from that. At the moment im calling a spade a spade. Won 1 lost 3 ....is poor and shows we have issues.....Thats not negative, thats realiity.....

No mate - very much definitely not aimed at you.... your posts although a little despondent are not negative, they show concern, and are not jsut posted to get a rise out of others....

We all want the reality of the situation to be changed... but some seem to enjoy the negative side a little too much....

No mate - very much definitely not aimed at you.... your posts although a little despondent are not negative, they show concern, and are not jsut posted to get a rise out of others....

We all want the reality of the situation to be changed... but some seem to enjoy the negative side a little too much....

Well not me :P Im not enjoying this at the moment at all. Probably we good we have a bit of a break coming up. Give shez time to "restart" the season hopefully!

Crossley doesn't fill me with confidence, but then neither do the slow noobs at the back and a left winger playing at left back.

Someone made a point on the coach today.. since 1997 Crossley has played I think he said 36 times.. so going off that Pogs will get his chance soon enough.

It was me that came up with that comment re: Crossley's appearances. I actually said the last time he made more than 30 appearances in a season was in 1996/97. Since then in the following 10 seasons he's only made 120 league appearances (averaging 12 games a season) - since he was 28! That to me says the guy is not good enough. Swansea he didn't move for Scotland's goal, when a sharper keeper on his toes may have got down to it. The first goal at Burnley was a comedy of errors too, with him caught in no-man's land with his lard arse twin Sean of Greganshire (but still one of my favourite player's when he turns up!) The first two at Victoria Park were his fault too, the first one instead of smothering the ball at Moore's feet he dives sideways - out of the way of the ball! Second goal he hesitated and ball was past him before he reacted and I blame him for the first goal last night, watch it........the guy doesn't even jump he just falls backwards. Pogs is not the complete answer but he is a far better keeper than Crossley. I wasn't comfortable the day we signed him and I would have rather took a chance on another Chris Howarth, Ross Turnbull type keeper , up and coming, not one that has been falling steadily for over a decade.

Crossley's career

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=1790

I've nothing against the guy, and he has made one or two decent saves so far but he just doesn't fill me with confidence (neither does Pogs, but the big Aussie is probably the lesser of two evils!)

Edited by oafcprozac