Guest oa_exile
Ah! mr Olney i forgot about that lanky slow thing, who ever valued him at £750,000 needs shooting

It got to a stage with them two when it was actually funny :grin:

Olney the one of the worst dirctional headers of a ball i have seen at BP and Beckford the worst first touch of a footballer (loose term) i have seen in a long time , Big Joe loved him :grin:

Happy Days B)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wash your mouth out!! Go back and re-read the history books, no Frank, no period of success in the late 80s early 90s for us. That man was the catalyst for all of that, he was a massive cog in that team that was greater than the sum of its parts.

As for the specific allegation of being lazy, he did his work in the final third of the pitch and didn't have to run around like a spinning top to get results due to his footballing brain.

I had a feeling that could be the controversial one.

To me he was lazy, and rated far above his ability due to knocking in six goals in during one game. He could finish and wasn't a poor player I just don't think he was as good as was made out (i.e. overrated).

Someone will probably come up with one which will change my mind yet, as he was part of the best Oldham team going.

It got to a stage with them two when it was actually funny :grin:

Olney the one of the worst dirctional headers of a ball i have seen at BP and Beckford the worst first touch of a footballer (loose term) i have seen in a long time , Big Joe loved him :grin:

Happy Days B)

I must be the odd man out here. I thought Olney was a decent player up until his injury.

Beckford was a typical bustly player. No ability but big and strong (see Dalian Atkinson, etc...).

Someone will probably come up with one which will change my mind yet, as he was part of the best Oldham team going.

There was more to Frank than the Scarboro game. In the season we signed him he turned the season around, there was a piece in the program that said if the league had started the day we signed him (I think we got him around xmas) then we would have been clear at the top of the league.

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong you are :wink: . But I can not understand how out of all the players who have won the blue shirt you managed to pick Frankie as deserving a place in the overated side.

There was more to Frank than the Scarboro game. In the season we signed him he turned the season around, there was a piece in the program that said if the league had started the day we signed him (I think we got him around xmas) then we would have been clear at the top of the league.

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong you are :wink: . But I can not understand how out of all the players who have won the blue shirt you managed to pick Frankie as deserving a place in the overated side.

Hmm. If we had played all season with Lee Croft we'd have won the league by about twenty points. These things are a bit dubious that way.

Although we may disagree (and let's face it, it is no big deal) I'm just telling it as I sees it.

NB. I do suspect there is probably one or two I have missed out on, but it isn't the poorest but the most overrated - something I think Bunn was.

aye, no big deal at all ( I am right though and you are very, very wrong ;) )

Don't worry beag. I'll chain OS to the fences outside the Menwith Hill Intelligence Gathering Station on the way back from Accrington on Tuesday. I'm sure a few well placed Al Qaeda leaflets will see him getting sent to Guantanamo Bay for the rest of the season. :)

I have a soft spot for Frankie Bunn as he presented me with a Strike It Lucky winners cheque a couple of years ago.

The man continued to do no wrong even after his footballing career was ended! :)

WOW someone actually won! what did you get? 50p

Anywayz.... wot about Fitz Hall. dont get me wrong, he was a damn good player for us! but he was never ready for the premiership! same with Wayne Andrews, good player but too eager to go up the leagues before he's ready!

Our "Record signing" Mr thre' penny bit head himself Ian Olney , infact my favorite strike pair of all time Onley and Beckford real leg ends :grin:

lol :grin: shocking ^_^ , pure shocking ^_^

Have to agree

What a waste of money Absolute shocker he was

Beckford reminds me of Ricketts not as bad as Ian cost us a packet Onley

Guest oa_exile

Another "Super Dooper" , "Deadly Striker" Nicky Banger the £250K misfit.

If my memory serves me correct he scored around 20 - 25 Goals 3 - 4 seasons with us.

Another "Super Dooper" , "Deadly Striker" Nicky Banger the £250K misfit.

If my memory serves me correct he scored around 20 - 25 Goals 3 - 4 seasons with us.

I dont think he scored that many did he ?? Remember it took him like 15-20 games before he got his first goal :P and then he scored another straight after :P

Here we go...shields at the ready!! Paul Warne!!

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

You are aving a giraffe! What this lad lacked in ability he more than made up for in pure spirit and effort. He made chances out of nowt by harrying defences and scored quite a few goals. He wouldnt however have scored against the OWTB dee-fence though I am sure!!!