Latics' Fans At Accrington

If you're that fond of singing,why don't you move to Wales, BOYO. This topic is getting boring now. I'm sure most of us go to B.P. to watch the Blues play football.

If the product on the pitch was better, people wouldn't care who was singing and who wasn't. Still I'm sure I could sing just as loudly if I was getting tanked up before games as has been described on here.

And as far as "Oh when the Blues" is concerned, wouldn't it be nice to hear the second line- from you singers of course.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am the drummer. can i just point out that no matter who tried starting songs of last night, nobody would get a response. a lot of people wouldnt sing because it was a simple matter of accrington away. when i didnt take my drum to the bristol game nobody at all was singing. the atmosphere was dead. even at half time the guy on the tannoy was begging every1 to sing.PS i would like to say that i never once booed our own players of and to be honest with u we all might as well have gone home in that first half.

Can you bring some brushes next time and play a bit of a loungey jazz thing?

All that thud, thud, thud nonsense is really annoying when you have to keep repeating yourself to friends about the crapness of Gregan and Thommo.

:wink:

KtF,

Derek.

There was a great turnout at Accrington obviously wanting to tick off another new ground - looked like 600 plus, but their vocal support for the team was diabolical! Apart from a handful of us and a few round the drummer who tried repeatedly to get the singing going, the rest just refused to join in. They stood there silent or talking amongst themselves or criticising Thompson everytime he touched the ball, but as soon as the half-time whistle was blown loads of them sprung into life by booing and turning on the team. Trotman, who had been outstanding, turned to look at the crowd who were booing so some started to have a go at him then.

In the second half, as the goals went in, there was an obvious change of mood in the crowd, but still a reluctance to sing.

I can't for the life of me understand why fans make the effort to go to an away match and then make no effort whatsover to get behind the team vocally. If ever the team needed lifting at 0-2 down this was the game for the crowd to get behind the players. Instead it was like being stood in the away end!

If 'different class' is 10/10 then I'm afraid tonight's crowd performance was 1/10 and I accept that some will say I'm being generous.

diego you must have been sat near me (sorry stood) at the game - one old t0$$p0t near man right from kick off had was having a go at thomo - now ok he wasnt playing great but neither was any1 else and didnt bat an eyelid, if any1 eslse gave the ball away etc so had to say something after around 15 minutes, so did "Harrydowdsgreenshirt" and " Alangrovesperm" he answer was "if i was a painter and you asked you fence to be painted green and i painted it brown would you pay me" he never said anything else after this so much so when we went 3-2 up he left? dont need supportlike that . :angry:

Edited by neiladamsheadband

diego you must have been sat near me (sorry stood) at the game - one old t0$$p0t near man right from kick off had was having a go at thomo - now ok he wasnt playing great but neither was any1 else and didnt bat an eyelid, if any1 eslse gave the ball away etc so had to say something after around 15 minutes, so did "Harrydowdsgreenshirt" and " Alangrovesperm" he answer was "if i was a painter and you asked you fence to be painted green and i painted it brown would you pay me" he never said anything else after this so much so when we went 3-2 up he left? dont need supportlike that . :angry:

He was stood right behind me, must have been in his 60's I reckon and I can vouch for every word here.

Didn't hear a :censored: bird after he was worded, didn't see him at all in the 2nd half.

Must have skulked off, tail between legs. No need at all...

:blink:

EDIT - Can't believe the grot filter censored d!ckey??!!

Edited by chaddymatt

People joined in the first three songs or so, but when drummer boy started joining in. The General consciencous was that "whats the point in wasting your voice when that tool just beats over every song, that you cant hear it.". As we were walking to the ground. You could hear an "Oh when the Blues" without any drum behind it.

It's funny though. That every single person at Hartlepool who kept the atmosphere going despite being 3 and 4-1 down was congregated together. Yet there was no atmosphere because Drummer boy would beat over it if it had got going. The only chant from our part really was the "we play in blue and tangerine". If we'd of carried on, i'm sure he'd of drummed over it.

There was some very nice comments/chants directed at him in reply to accrington's "you might as well go home." chant. Not to mention what he can do with his drum sticks.

We created an atmosphere at Carlisle, Burnley and Hartlepool without the drum. We didnt at Accy with the drum. Surely that tells you something.

A group of accy fans in the pub told us that he was there pre game asking if he could take it in. We said they should of popped it. The accy fans put us to shame. Did they use a drum??

They also sing that "der der......" chant at the right tempo. Unlike the speeded up version at Latics because the tool beats his drum at the only rhythm he knows. "OUT OF TUNE AND AS FAST AS HE CAN.

It's a shame there's a few of us who sing who miss Walsall, but be assured in the next few upcoming away's after that. Anti Drum chants will be at a record high

The best chant of the night bar the stanley fans one's was an Oh when the Blues which drum free could be heard in the 2nd half from the right hand section of the stand. That's coming from someone who stood in the next 'block' of terracing after the drummer

SACK THE DRUM!

Edited by Rocky_Latic

The best chant of the night bar the stanley fans one's was an Oh when the Blues which drum free could be heard in the 2nd half from the right hand section of the stand. That's coming from someone who stood in the next 'block' of terracing after the drummer

Thanks for that recognition of our efforts! :applause1:

i am the drummer. can i just point out that no matter who tried starting songs of last night, nobody would get a response. a lot of people wouldnt sing because it was a simple matter of accrington away. when i didnt take my drum to the bristol game nobody at all was singing. the atmosphere was dead. even at half time the guy on the tannoy was begging every1 to sing.PS i would like to say that i never once booed our own players of and to be honest with u we all might as well have gone home in that first half.

You and your mates need to lose them stupid shades you had on in the pub before the game.

The main problem with Drummer Boy is that he is using the wrong drum for the occassion !!!!

I think he is using a tom drum rather than a snare drum....

A snare drum with or without the snares on would be a more suttle sound :wink:

You can knock out many a useful rhythm with the right drum, I did on Whit Friday for many a year :grin: