Drum - Should it stay or should it go ?

Guest oa_exile
Why are the gestapo mods getting involved in this poll...............

Some of them cant help but stick their noses in all the time..........its a power thing (i think ^_^ )

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of them cant help but stick their noses in all the time..........its a power thing (i think ^_^ )

Ive noticed a few times before, but it is really starting to bug me now.

Whilst i acknowledge that it is important to moderate these forums, some of the mod team seem to get involved to much for my liking.

We're happy to let this vote go ahead.

Please note, however, that no personal insults or attacks will be tolerated be they "against" the drummer or "defending" him.

Additionally - no matter the outcome of the vote this is in no way an "official" decision and the drummer is free to continue as he pleases.

Cheers and keep voting,

Ack

OWTB Team

??????

Couple of points/questions !

1, Why would you EVER not be happy for this vote to go ahaead ?

2, Nobody has issued threats or looked like issueing threats !

3, Although the outcome certainly cant be deemed offical! I do belive from what I have seen there is a resonably fair repersentation of most fans thoughts and feelings on this board and I do belive the result should be review and considered by the drummer as being a indication of the fans feelings.

4, I still cant work out why a mod would need to post this ???

CUrrent voting seems to have seattled on 20% for and 80% against and I would be surprised if this wasnt a resonable reflection of most the fans at boundary park. And if someone wants to jump and me and say you cant take a sample in this way, they do exit pools / opinion polls for elections and they tend to be something of a relfection of public feeling,....and they arent much different than this....

Mr Drummer....I personally would consider stopping drumming your drum....like the mods said though....you can do what you want.....but people dont seem to want it!

1, Why would you EVER not be happy for this vote to go ahaead ? We had a poll a while back regarding it as it was at the time of an alleged incident, and there were insults being thrown left right and centre.

2, Nobody has issued threats or looked like issueing threats ! See above.

3, Although the outcome certainly cant be deemed offical! I do belive from what I have seen there is a resonably fair repersentation of most fans thoughts and feelings on this board and I do belive the result should be review and considered by the drummer as being a indication of the fans feelings. We as a message board can only gauge peoples opinions, the club can and more than likely will see the thread, but it is not classed as an official approach from the fans to ban it / allow it.

4, I still cant work out why a mod would need to post this ??? Ackey's self importance, sorry! :wink:

Whilst some of us in the "Ivory Tower" may seem we are being over protective, we are making sure that threads, polls or whatever type of conversation get to say their piece, rather than being shot down for having opinions.

And I know the amount of times you have had disagreements on the official board, does Ed still love ya?

1, Why would you EVER not be happy for this vote to go ahaead ? We had a poll a while back regarding it as it was at the time of an alleged incident, and there were insults being thrown left right and centre.

2, Nobody has issued threats or looked like issueing threats ! See above.

3, Although the outcome certainly cant be deemed offical! I do belive from what I have seen there is a resonably fair repersentation of most fans thoughts and feelings on this board and I do belive the result should be review and considered by the drummer as being a indication of the fans feelings. We as a message board can only gauge peoples opinions, the club can and more than likely will see the thread, but it is not classed as an official approach from the fans to ban it / allow it.

4, I still cant work out why a mod would need to post this ??? Ackey's self importance, sorry! :wink:

Whilst some of us in the "Ivory Tower" may seem we are being over protective, we are making sure that threads, polls or whatever type of conversation get to say their piece, rather than being shot down for having opinions.

And I know the amount of times you have had disagreements on the official board, does Ed still love ya?

ha ha, im sure ED loves me, I love him :) Was only ever play fighting between us.....honest :dead: Come on be fair Beardy, i dont always start it :P and i dont give any more than i am persaonlly given :P Anyway I am much more better behaved these days :):devilish:

Didnt notice or know about threats being thrown around....point taken

Edited by oafc0000

As mods we are keen to prevent what accured in a previous post on the drum- it started getting personal between the drummer & his family and a person(s) who had been involved in an incident with the drummer during a game (this resulted in third parties being involved / accusations being made). We are just being careful that it doesn't get to this level again. ....

ummmmmm just seen Beardy's post d'oh

As mods we are keen to prevent what accured in a previous post on the drum- it started getting personal between the drummer & his family and a person(s) who had been involved in an incident with the drummer during a game (this resulted in third parties being involved / accusations being made). We are just being careful that it doesn't get to this level again. ....

ummmmmm just seen Beardy's post d'oh

Fair enough.....I know everyone who sits around me in that section of the chaddy really really dosent like it. We all relaly want it to go. We all used to join in singing and now we dont bother as the drum just drowns it out. Was just trying to see if it was me being a moaning old fart of if other people didnt like it. I dont want the lad targeted etc. I remember stuff being said to him in the past and it kicking off it abit. Which is totaly out of order imo. But I do wish he would see how much it annoys people and stop bringing the drum. I have no doubt some people like it, some very vocal people, but im pritty sure they are in the minority and i think this poll does help to show that.

Hope the drummer reconsiders, but if he dosent want to stop, then I suppsoe there is nothing we can do...its his choice....dont think people should get personal with him / threaten him etc, thats going TOO far!

Fair enough.....I know everyone who sits around me in that section of the chaddy really really dosent like it. We all relaly want it to go. We all used to join in singing and now we dont bother as the drum just drowns it out. Was just trying to see if it was me being a moaning old fart of if other people didnt like it. I dont want the lad targeted etc. I remember stuff being said to him in the past and it kicking off it abit. Which is totaly out of order imo. But I do wish he would see how much it annoys people and stop bringing the drum. I have no doubt some people like it, some very vocal people, but im pritty sure they are in the minority and i think this poll does help to show that.

Hope the drummer reconsiders, but if he dosent want to stop, then I suppsoe there is nothing we can do...its his choice....dont think people should get personal with him / threaten him etc, thats going TOO far!

We had to intervene, i personally hate the drum, but the lad seems oreet!

with the Chaddy its a weird scenario, as soon as we hear the drum it automatically means we must sing, but then people realise he aint that good and stop!

Hence why the atmos in the Chaddy gets overpowered by it, the best way to end it, is for a petetion.

Ive noticed a few times before, but it is really starting to bug me now.

Whilst i acknowledge that it is important to moderate these forums, some of the mod team seem to get involved to much for my liking.

We keep a log of all instances where we have intervened.

During August, there were two instances where mods have stepped in. One where someone complained about a racist joke (which was removed) and one where someone went on a ridiculous booze-fuelled rant in the early hours of the morning. Again, the action was the result of a complaint from a member.

There was also a rather dodgy and pretty sick song about Lee Hughes which the poster chose to remove.

Wouldn't really comment about this normally but you are making it sound like our actions are spoiling your pleasure when the facts don't really back up your argument.

The fact that we don't have to act more often to remove libellous; racist or overly aggressive posts is testament to the members on OWTB and it certainly makes our job easier.

At the end of the day, we are fans the same as yourself with opinions and comments. We'll never stop debate unless it breaks the rules of the Forum and many of those are due to British Law.

During August, there were two instances where mods have stepped in. One where someone complained about a racist joke (which was removed) and one where someone went on a ridiculous booze-fuelled rant in the early hours of the morning. Again, the action was the result of a complaint from a member.

There was also a rather dodgy and pretty sick song about Lee Hughes which the poster chose to remove.

Wouldn't really comment about this normally but you are making it sound like our actions are spoiling your pleasure when the facts don't really back up your argument.

The fact that we don't have to act more often to remove libellous; racist or overly aggressive posts is testament to the members on OWTB and it certainly makes our job easier.

At the end of the day, we are fans the same as yourself with opinions and comments. We'll never stop debate unless it breaks the rules of the Forum and many of those are due to British Law.

Well all things said and done this forum is a massive improvement on the offical site and jklatics.....

Speaking of sick jokes....why the hell does it say Brian Talbot next to my username!!!! AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! GET IT OFF :bigcry:

Speaking of sick jokes....why the hell does it say Brian Talbot next to my username!!!! AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! GET IT OFF :bigcry:

Very easily done for £5!

We need to change the wording on the OWTB Shop but we have an agreement with The Club and we only keep back enough money to meet the monthly costs of running this Board. Anything else is paid over to OAFC so you would be helping the Club as well as helping yourself sleep at night! The alternative is to keep posting and you will get a better name in due course!

Change Your Group for a Fiver!

Very easily done for £5!

We need to change the wording on the OWTB Shop but we have an agreement with The Club and we only keep back enough money to meet the monthly costs of running this Board. Anything else is paid over to OAFC so you would be helping the Club as well as helping yourself sleep at night! The alternative is to keep posting and you will get a better name in due course!

Change Your Group for a Fiver!

:o you cheeky swines :P :P No self respecting Oldham Fan would subject there fellow fan to such awful treatment to have that muppets name next to them. Feel ashmed :rifle:

£5 :getbent:

Im going to be postnig alot it seems :P

Only joking, might do that :grin:

Edited by oafc0000

Hartlepool, atmosphere was good and no drumbut on the other hand.Huddersfield ,atmosphere was brill with the drum.

Think it depends on how its used and where in a big acoustic ground would sound better than brighton or chesterfield, if he just toned the beat of the drum down a bit would be o.k.

Mind you we cant hear him were we sit we just see people clapping in time with him but no voices bieng heard. :blink:

Why dont we compramise and sing a song with no drum e.g

We play in blueeeeeeeee and tangerineeeeee..........................................

The thing is we don't need him at away grounds. He prevents us getting going.

At home, I have no problem (and I do sometimes sit in that area). If you don't like it there are a million and one* other seats to go to. Just move away a bit.

*Alright, about 7,000.

Edited by OldhamSheridan