• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add ....

'ereeeee we go again, bobbin up and down like this :bounce::bounce::bounce:

like what?

Like this! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Like what?

Like this! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Heeerrrreeee we goooo again, bobbin' up and down like this! (ad naseum, repeat to exhaustion)

Drummer NO! Bobbin' up and down YES!!!!!!!!!!

Just under 100 people have replied to this post repersenting about 2% of the fan base.......

By no means offical I bet that this is a repersentation of the overall feeling. Exit polls and opinion pools sample smaller percentages and they are usally good bets to the outsomes of elections!!! So I think this poll holds some weight.

I put it to the drummer, if he reads this, or anyone that knows him, not to the bring the drum for a couple of games and see if the atmosphere is just as good or better. And if it is, never to bring it again!!!

The introduction of a drum hasnt proved succfesful, Boundary Park is queiter then its ever been in my opinion. Time to stop brining it.

I think the problem with the drum is either the drummer himself (not as a person but his skills) or the fact that he uses an inappropiate drum.

What about having someone like this guy - in the corner between the Chaddy and Main Stand - perhaps sponsored by B & Q.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YEGjmad7dKI

Tbh i would be all for the drum iff the guy had some rhythm and didn't keep speeding things up to a break neck speed so quickly and if he would learn to hit his drum a little bit quiter once he has got a chant started. That way the singing wouldn't be drowned out (which is the most important part) and the chants would go on much longer. The main problem imo has been that the songs are getting faster and faster and nobody can keep up and it results in just one guy banging a drum as fast as he can.

Tbh i would be all for the drum iff the guy had some rhythm and didn't keep speeding things up to a break neck speed so quickly and if he would learn to hit his drum a little bit quiter once he has got a chant started. That way the singing wouldn't be drowned out (which is the most important part) and the chants would go on much longer. The main problem imo has been that the songs are getting faster and faster and nobody can keep up and it results in just one guy banging a drum as fast as he can.

"had some rhythm and didn't keep speeding things up to a break neck speed so quickly"

My mrs always tells me this... :bounce:

oops...

im the drummer.

ive decided that i will not bring my drum to the game v southend and we will see how it goes atmosphere wise. but i did try this v bristol rovers and the atmosphere was dead.

Good on you for your support of the Latics...BUT...sat near you at Carlisle and my ears were still ringin well after the game so have voted for a ban. There used to be a bugler some years ago who could only play one tune. perhaps you could take up buglin and try that. Bet your family will love me for that suggestion. Whatever ypur decision respect and KTF ...I was young once )))

Edited by eddyblue

im the drummer.

ive decided that i will not bring my drum to the game v southend and we will see how it goes atmosphere wise. but i did try this v bristol rovers and the atmosphere was dead.

Fair play to you for this gesture, nobody can fault you there mate.

I trust you'll be joining in with the singing?

KTF

Good idea....I will re-create the vote after the game, or someone else can if they beat me to it.....use the same questions

In truth the atmosphere has generally been rubbish in the Chaddy for the last 15 years or so, of course everyone isn't going to start singing on Saturday. I think the point is more whether you would rather hear what singing there is, or a random collection of thuds. As I've said before, if blue forty wants to help the atmosphere and if the drum is going to be allowed, then he should learn to play the bloody thing, and I don't mean learn in the ground.

In truth the atmosphere has generally been rubbish in the Chaddy for the last 15 years or so, of course everyone isn't going to start singing on Saturday. I think the point is more whether you would rather hear what singing there is, or a random collection of thuds. As I've said before, if blue forty wants to help the atmosphere and if the drum is going to be allowed, then he should learn to play the bloody thing, and I don't mean learn in the ground.

I would rather hear whatever singing there was.....rather than that bloody drum!

I agree that if we fall flat on our faces on Saturday, bring it back!

Does anybody remember good old mrs burke, who used to sit in nsm upper 80's (before moving to aussie) and that bloody great big old fashioned rattle...the type found in 50's cup finals!! and if it had ever flown off, would have took your swede off!! :lol: