LOTW - 6/9/07 - Richard Jobson

Stevie_J

I also bumped into him and had a chat at the John Milne - Ghost of Ces - were you there the same time?

I will always remember Stuart Hall commenting "Richard Jobson, surely too classy for England" after a match at Stoke away. He then ended his summary with something like...."and as the shadows lengthen here at the Victoria Ground, so do our hopes and expectations...".

Quality comments, but Jobbo was PURE CLASS.

Yeah I was Rick, you were there with your kid and Hursty I think.

I always remember watching the TV highlights of the game at Villa. We had to win our last 3 games of the season to stand any chance of staying in the Premierhip. The 3 games were Villa away, Liverpool at home and finally Southampton at home. We were winning 1 - 0, with only minutes remaining and we had a throw in just inside their half. Then there's Jobbo passing through the camera shot on his way to their penalty box. Typical of the time, he should have been staying back to protect the lead, but that wasn't the Latics way, we had to go for another goal. The whistle blew a few minutes later, and as everyone knows we went on to win the next two games despite a real scare against Southampton. Happy days.