Paul Scholes

Obviously I'd like to see the lad grace BP especially as he's a tic. However I don't wanna see him here in the same shape as Lennon was at Forest. I'd much rather have him here for a good season and half where he's really affective and possibly another where he just sits and dictates. So his contract runs till 2009 which means another full season at ManUre after this one, so would I get my wish for 3 seasons? not to sure about that.

Lennon though (in the same way as Thornton at Donny, though he looks slightly thinner now at Orient) had been going downhill for a while before he went to Forest, career going off the rails and the subsequent lack of self discipline and care for his body showed. If Scholesy came here he'd be doing it after playing under Taggart, and it's hardly like he's the type of manager who would let Scholesy treat himself like that.

Can't see Scholesy going anywhere else despite other offers...he seems a very quiet lad who's not into the showbiz lifestyle, like Giggs you never see him on the front pages, he'll play at United until he's no longer good enough and has enough cash to see him through for a while. Then he'll drop down to us...hopefully by that point it will only be a one division drop.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see him playing anywhere other than United or Oldham, and then I suspect he will go into an assitant role at one of the clubs. DOn't think hes the type to go after a career as a coach.

Just for kicks, Scholes before he was red:

youngScholes.jpg

Is that really Scholes as youngster?

As the fallout from the derby loss continues most United fans are calling for Scholes to be replaced by Hargreaves or Carrick, looks like Scholes's days at Mordor may soon be over. If he is surplus to requirements it can only be a matter of time before he turns up at BP?

On one forum I have seen fans questioning his engine and his passing vision, whilst they may not be up to premiership standard the sure as hell will be upto League one standard.

Come in Paul, your time is nigh.

They looked terrible with him playing deep yesterday, yet when they stuck him further up field they looked more of a threat. Even Hansen picked up on it!

Most interesting fact of yesterday was when Rooney plays United average 2.5 goals per game. When he doesn't they average 0.9 and have lost every game without him.

Coming to us would be a cruise for him. There are teams all over Europe who'd take him in an instant but I doubt he is interested.

When Beckham and Stam moved on the first player all their new international team mates wanted to know about was Scholes. He commands huge respect throughout Europe it seems.

As the fallout from the derby loss continues most United fans are calling for Scholes to be replaced by Hargreaves or Carrick, looks like Scholes's days at Mordor may soon be over. If he is surplus to requirements it can only be a matter of time before he turns up at BP?

On one forum I have seen fans questioning his engine and his passing vision, whilst they may not be up to premiership standard the sure as hell will be upto League one standard.

Come in Paul, your time is nigh.

His passing vision? Take it none of them saw his pass for Carrick's goal then - actually they probably didn't - most of them would be on the way back to London by then

His passing vision? Take it none of them saw his pass for Carrick's goal then - actually they probably didn't - most of them would be on the way back to London by then

Exactly :wink:

City's songs yesterday were fantastic, they had some belters. Maybe one or two were slander/libel whatever (I'm sure you heard) but overall top notch from the boys from the big top.

When Scholsey signs for Latics it's only a matter of time before we play at least one league game each season in some top European stadium, because of the demand to see him playing, with companies bidding for the TV rights. :wink:

Do you think we'll be in the same League as Wrexham soon then Diego?

Exactly :wink:

City's songs yesterday were fantastic, they had some belters. Maybe one or two were slander/libel whatever (I'm sure you heard) but overall top notch from the boys from the big top.

In particular the O'Shea ditty made me chuckle. Not for it's comedy content - it was hardly Ivor Novello, but just for the fact you could hear it loud and clear and I do mean LOUD and CLEAR :naughty:

In particular the O'Shea ditty made me chuckle. Not for it's comedy content - it was hardly Ivor Novello, but just for the fact you could hear it loud and clear and I do mean LOUD and CLEAR :naughty:

Can you give us a clue what it’s content was, within the bounds of decency? The sound was down in the boozer I was in.

Can you give us a clue what it’s content was, within the bounds of decency? The sound was down in the boozer I was in.

Of course Andy. It was a simple one liner repeated over and over, which took into question Mr O'Shea's sexual orientation, and thus further suggested the practises in which he might er..........indulge. :ass3::laught16:

Of course Andy. It was a simple one liner repeated over and over, which took into question Mr O'Shea's sexual orientation, and thus further suggested the practises in which he might er..........indulge. :ass3::laught16:

Oh it was loud and clear all right. The :censored: off back to London raise a laugh too as they all crept out. Good to see them have a laugh at United's expense for once.

Was there an implication that O’Shea and Mrs Beckham might have a shared interest when it comes to the bedroom?

I can't see him playing anywhere other than United or Oldham, and then I suspect he will go into an assitant role at one of the clubs. DOn't think hes the type to go after a career as a coach.

Just for kicks, Scholes before he was red:

youngScholes.jpg

The lad's obviously confused with a red, black and white jacket infused here and there with blue. No wonder things turned out how they did. :blush:

One comment further up about Scholesy being a multi millionaire several times over. I canot se that myself. He hasn't got into sponsoring anything I can recall seeing (happy to be proven wrong) and if ever there was a player that would say where do I sign boss, don't worry about the money it would Scholes. Again happy to be proven wrong if someone shows he was the hardest contract negotiator since Simon Corney's contract with Michael Ricketss ( :grin: )

One comment further up about Scholesy being a multi millionaire several times over. I canot se that myself. He hasn't got into sponsoring anything I can recall seeing (happy to be proven wrong) and if ever there was a player that would say where do I sign boss, don't worry about the money it would Scholes. Again happy to be proven wrong if someone shows he was the hardest contract negotiator since Simon Corney's contract with Michael Ricketss ( :grin: )

He’ll be minted – I believe his previous contract had him among the top earners at the club, and Taggart sorted him out for his pension fund when he gave him a 4 year deal just before he turned 30 (as the Redd Soxx only give one year deals to the over 30s). And whilst he doesn’t do all of the merchandising crap, think of how much money he saves compared to some of the flash tarts with their Cheshire mansions and collection of Bentleys. Pints of Lees beer in his local is also cheaper than bottles of Cristal in Chinawhites.