Crowd atmosphere v Southend

Singing at Oldham is dependent on many things.

Mainly how well we are playing, what the song/chant is (and its timing), where you are and the opposition.

As an upper lookersite i would sing but i'm not going to sing on my own (especailly as i sit on the front row on the halfway line and i'm very easy to spot), however i find that if we are playing well and its a good chant the lookers does actually make some noise now and then. But there occassions that i'm very much aware that although i'm fit and healthy the people behind me aren't always so and although i want to sing they may not like it (which creates a problem). When i sat in the chaddy i sang a bit more because i was near people who tired to sing (and no they weren't near the 'muppet' choir) and would join in with them especially as they deliberately avoided any offensive songs.

However at the moment Oldham aren't playing very well and although this means the fans could sing to motivate them it doesn't happen. Especially if there is something else to stop it such as moaning at the ref.

Plus who were we playing, Southend, who are not exactly our biggest rivals and although they have an ex-Latic playing for them he was neither love when he was here nor was he hated when he left (unlike say Luke Beckett). I think if we had been playing any team who we could class as rivals or have a big away following the atmosphere would have been different.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though you may be saying that to wind up the 'paddock army' on here I think that's a great idea.

It'd help if exile didnt sit in the paddock. :grin:

Diego. As for Chelsea and the Zigga Zagga chant. Here you go.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z9rMubuYKdc

Everybody is saving there voice for when 7,000 leeds fans descend on to the rocky road end.

Hate it when big crowds of away fans come to BP cause that one stand makes more noise than all 3 home stands, and thats probably with only 2000 in the rocky road end. Imagine 7000

Whereas I cant stand it when there is a couple of hundred in the away end. Generally if there's an atmosphere in the away end, they'll be some cracking banter and a bit of noise from the home end's. When teams come with 50-400 fans. Boundary Park's like a morgue.

Diego. As for Chelsea and the Zigga Zagga chant. Here you go.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z9rMubuYKdc

You keep missing my point Rocky. That's today's Chelski fans singing part of a song I was talking about Latics' fans singing in its entirety in the 1960s. Back in those days we were oblivious to what Chelsea fans may have been singing. It's irrelevant who sings it now - it was our song then. :zigga::chaddy:

However at the moment Oldham aren't playing very well and although this means the fans could sing to motivate them it doesn't happen. Especially if there is something else to stop it such as moaning at the ref.

We know that moaning at the ref won't win US any points.

We know that singing our hearts out for the lads might motivate THEM to win some points.

Do WE want points?

The answer is in OUR own hands.....err throats!

:chaddy::mainstand::oasissign1::zigga::OWTB1::latics::bluearmy::comeon::dynamite::lookers::ktf: