KYLEOAFC

The Answer for the board.  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Sack Sheridan
    • Give him until January
    • Keep the faith and Sheridan.
    • change the Players.
    • Too early to even be thinking about it.

Change the players. Gregan should not be picked just because he is captain; the truth is he has not played well since we signed him permenantly. Too many players not playing anywhere near their best such as Taylor and Eardley. Also we desperatly need Kilkenny fit and back in the side, Hughes made some very intelligent runs on Saturday but nobody could supply the killer pass.

I want Stefan Stam back. I've always rated him and as I've said before on this board, I reckon a Stam / Gregan partnership could be brilliant when they're both fit and in form.

And Chris Taylor has been getting on my nerves so much recently, just cos of the diving. He's getting himself a bad reputation. He's a good player but like somebody else said on here before, he reckons he's better than he is.

Fact is, we've never had a run of form since Bristol City turned us over at BP last season.

I wouldnt like to see Shez sacked, but as the managers say its the results business that they are in. Financially he has been backed by the 3 amigos and i'm sure they must be getting a bit twitchy now!

I just hope he is the man to turn it around.

imho if he still isnt doing it by christmas time then he would have to go,in the hope someone can turn it round before a relegation issue.simple economics

i have every confidence he will get it right,but you have to admit some of his decisions have of late been dodgy,and he keeps talking about changing things because of players attitudes,but then doesnt.

he cant say it isnt his squad now as he has brought these players in,so he will be judged accordingly.

Totally agree....if by the mid November we're bottom and looking utterly lost, then time to start thinking about it. Now though, nope? Another Ronnie-go-round scenario being built up.

Regarding some of his decisions being dodgy...totally agree. Infact, since March they have been dodgy. Setting targets of 7pts to make the playoffs, when we were right in there with a chance of top 2. Ultra negative! Asking for players to stand up and be counted....the likes of Rocky did, yet he still insisted with Gary "the ghost" McDonald. Drops Lids (rightly) at end of last season and yet still persists this season with the same mediocrity from "dead legs" Lids. Finally we've gone into this season missing a playmaker. We got lucky that KK signed in the end, on seasons-eve but still, where's the back up incase he gets injured. Looks what happens when you don't get some in.

All this doesn't mean sacking him should be discussed. He's entitled to make mistakes. Many of them. Ronnie was too (wait, no, he was entitled to, or not our lot deemed!) What we should be doing is what everyone did in the summer....suggesting players he should look at like Cywka etc. Saying what team, formations etc. he can try. People are saying this too...good on them. But boo to anyone even uttering sacking him. Like Moore....Shez ain't the best and he definitely ain't the worst! And the reason for this.....because he's only just began his 2nd yr as a manager! Let's have some realism please.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Guest oa_exile
Totally agree....if by the mid November we're bottom and looking utterly lost, then time to start thinking about it. Now though, nope? Another Ronnie-go-round scenario being built up.

Regarding some of his decisions being dodgy...totally agree. Infact, since March they have been dodgy. Setting targets of 7pts to make the playoffs, when we were right in there with a chance of top 2. Ultra negative! Asking for players to stand up and be counted....the likes of Rocky did, yet he still insisted with Gary "the ghost" McDonald. Drops Lids (rightly) at end of last season and yet still persists this season with the same mediocrity from "dead legs" Lids. Finally we've gone into this season missing a playmaker. We got lucky that KK signed in the end, on seasons-eve but still, where's the back up incase he gets injured. Looks what happens when you don't get some in.

All this doesn't mean sacking him should be discussed. He's entitled to make mistakes. Many of them. Ronnie was too (wait, no, he was entitled to, or not our lot deemed!) What we should be doing is what everyone did in the summer....suggesting players he should look at like Cywka etc. Saying what team, formations etc. he can try. People are saying this too...good on them. But boo to anyone even uttering sacking him. Like Moore....Shez ain't the best and he definitely ain't the worst! And the reason for this.....because he's only just began his 2nd yr as a manager! Let's have some realism please.

Agree apart from :

"Asking for players to stand up and be counted....the likes of Rocky did"

You know i was not a Rocky fan.

and

"Drops Lids (rightly) at end of last season and yet still persists this season with the same mediocrity from "dead legs" Lids".

And i am a "Dead Leg" Lidds fan.

Seems we have our differences on last seasons and this seasons scapegoats ^_^

Shez is the Manager and he has to take responsibilty for the performance on the pitch , as i said yesterday HE needs to sort it out.

F.A. disciplinary hearing? :grin:

That was our vote! :grin:

No harm in a bit of debate - we are where we are. But I would like our owners to hold their nerve and learn from history. Sheridan will make a very good manager, and I'd rather see him develop with us than somewhere else. Big Joe's early years are the perfect example of reaping the rewards of standing by the right man.

That was our vote! :grin:

No harm in a bit of debate - we are where we are. But I would like our owners to hold their nerve and learn from history. Sheridan will make a very good manager, and I'd rather see him develop with us than somewhere else. Big Joe's early years are the perfect example of reaping the rewards of standing by the right man.

quite correct

some of the football under joe was awesome and outstanding,but some was also pretty dire as well,but then again thats just football.

i voted that we shouldnt even be thinking about it.

we have had bad luck with injuries,but you cant keep using that as an excuse,you would of thought with what happened at the end of last season we would have a large squad this time round,but we just aint got substantial cover of anybody who can come in and make a difference.

on his day stam is great,but the last 2 seasons he has been a liability with his injuries,not his fault but also not the fans fault.

shez knows how good the likes of trotman and the other young uns are,i think he just needs some conviction to play them instead of the so called big players,as its obvious they havent learnt from missing out on promotion,so drop them to show them there not indispensable.

i think he could learn a lot from a wiser older head,someone like big joe to maybe act as mentor

I cant believe this debate at all, Shez is probably our best prospect of a decent manager since Big Joe left us for the scousers. Give him a chance, maybe this reality check is what we all needed after all we all thought we would be challenging for promotion this season. Lets all get behind the team instead of slagging them off, and make ourselves heard in BP. Success does not come overnight and how many new faces have been brought in during the summer, still to gel in my opinion. KEEP THE FAITH guys shez is the best man for the job.

Guys and Gals,

Look at the results of the poll & look at the other board.

The other board has all Trannies callig for his head, no Tic's

If you look at the poll results, as a sample. 1 says sack sheridan, which is probably a joke and can't be serious. Even counting those that say give him till January (and by definition are backing him now) there is still 95% backing Shez at worst. In my interpretation, 99% are backing Shez.

THERE IS NO UNDERCURRENT OF OPINION AGAINST SHEZ IMO. And rightly so.

Guys and Gals,

Look at the results of the poll & look at the other board.

The other board has all Trannies callig for his head, no Tic's

If you look at the poll results, as a sample. 1 says sack sheridan, which is probably a joke and can't be serious. Even counting those that say give him till January (and by definition are backing him now) there is still 95% backing Shez at worst. In my interpretation, 99% are backing Shez.

THERE IS NO UNDERCURRENT OF OPINION AGAINST SHEZ IMO. And rightly so.

Indeed Singe...and as there is no undercurrent, no poll and no discussion needs taking place about his position. Any that does, gives more airtime to that 1% than deserved....airtime, which could snowball just as it did when it began like this 2yrs ago.