I wonder.

Guest sheridans_world
If Shez wasn't a club legend would he be getting such an easy ride after the poor football and results served up since February?

Going on past managers I would say no.

Rubbish. We made it to the playoff's last season, you dont sack a manager within 6 months of that.

Channel 'Negative' again eh Coco?

If Shez wasn't a club legend would he be getting such an easy ride after the poor football and results served up since February?

I don't think he is getting that easy a ride, several posters that I have seen have questioned his tactical nous and judgement of players.

He got us to the play-offs in his first season as manager and deserves the chance to put things right, we have only played 5 league games.

:ktf:

its probably true that the abuse mite have been more vociferous under a different manager so his legendary status is a good thing cos we dont need more abuse.

It does pose the question of whether the strong support Sheridan has had as boss has helped his team to perform. We have been able so far to get through bad patches without the crowd turning, which probably helps the players when they are struggling for form, whereas some of the extreme negativity some people on various message boards and at the grounds had for Moore or Talbot or both (in some cases from the moment they signed) can only have been destructive to the team.

It's time we give a manager some time. We need to remember

that this is still only Sheridans SECOND season as a manager.

This is insane. I have never heard such a load of garbage in all my time.

I bet coco was one of the people who wnated Joe out before the pinch me years.

Give the man some time.

What a load of toss. :angry:

Edited by shezisgod2007

This is insane. I have never heard such a load of garbage in all my time.

I bet coco was one of the people who wnated Joe out before the pinch me years.

Give the man some time.

What a load of toss. :angry:

Coco was very anti-Talbot but very pro-Moore. Neither were good managers IMO, but I think it does give a manager a better chance if he is allowed to make mistakes or to have things just not go his way but not to have us all after his head. Shez has had that and maybe it contributed to a successful season last year.

Guest sheridans_world
Coco is right, if it wasn't Sheridan then people would be calling for him to be sacked. I'm not saying they would be right to do so but many people would.

RUBBISH! He got us to the playoffs last season.

We had this same start last season. WE WERE CRAP UNTIL MID-SEPTEMBER! HAD SOMETHING LIKE THE SAME NUMBER OF POINTS AND THE SAME NUMBER OF GOALS.

Jesus flaming well wept. Why are you people so anti-managers? The fact the we have lost 4 league games in a row? Would you really want him sacked if we are top come May? Would you really? What if we had got promoted through the playoffs last season? Would you be calling for Sheridans head if we had lost four league games in a row?

GOD SOME PEOPLE PISS ME OFF.

We had this same start last season. WE WERE CRAP UNTIL MID-SEPTEMBER! HAD SOMETHING LIKE THE SAME NUMBER OF POINTS AND THE SAME NUMBER OF GOALS.

Jesus flaming well wept. Why are you people so anti-managers? The fact the we have lost 4 league games in a row? Would you really want him sacked if we are top come May? Would you really? What if we had got promoted through the playoffs last season? Would you be calling for Sheridans head if we had lost four league games in a row?

I don't think think Gemma was calling for Shez to be sacked, and I know I wasn't. It's just that some would be calling for that if he wasn't a favourite anyway. We are arguing against the knee-jerk tendancy, not for it.

Guest sheridans_world
I don't think think Gemma was calling for Shez to be sacked, and I know I wasn't. It's just that some would be calling for that if he wasn't a favourite anyway. We are arguing against the knee-jerk tendancy, not for it.

Take any manager? Would you sack them so soon after we had got into the playoffs?

Edited by sheridans_world

Take any manager? Would you sack them so soon after we had got into the playoffs?

Well, no. Neither was I calling for Rocket Ronnie's head after 10 or so games, but some were. What is so wrong in pointing out Shez is being given a fair chance to get it right whereas some others have attracted a fan club who want him to fail?

Difference was last year we were playing decent football with no one to stick it in the net, sometimes over passing it.

This season we have barely strung 5 passes together... and our defence has looked about as strong as a Sunday Leagues side back four.

Playing people in their right positions and utilizing the talents of our strikers rather than just whacking it up to them and expecting them to do something will probably be a start.

No chance Sheridan should go, he will get it right. We saw it at Burnley.. apart from the crap finishing we outplayed them for long periods.

Try reading my post, i said Coco was right in saying Sheridan is getting much more support from the fans because of who he is. I didnt say Shez should be sacked, i said if it wasn't him the same people who were calling for Moore to be sacked a few years ago would be at it again now. I don't want Shez sacked, i didnt want Moore sacked. Managers need time to get success but unnfortunately they dont seem to get it

Edited by Gemma06

The match report in tonight's rarely wrong Chron says fans are staying relatively patient with Sheridan and his players. But if the struggles continue for much longer, it's unlikely to last.

Has the Chron got its finger on the button or has it wrongly misjudged the feeling of the majority of fans?

The match report in tonight's rarely wrong Chron says fans are staying relatively patient with Sheridan and his players. But if the struggles continue for much longer, it's unlikely to last.

Has the Chron got its finger on the button or has it wrongly misjudged the feeling of the majority of fans?

Well as you are fully aware Mr. Sideburns, The Chron is rarely wrong......................................................... :grin:

Coco....we pretty much agree on the Ronnie saga....don't be drumming it up for Shez now....two wrongs not making a right and all that. Shez's a relatively new manager. Deserves plenty of time. Deserves to be allowed to make mistakes. Just like Ronnie should've been.....just because he wasn't, don't be using what's good for one, is good for the other. Ain't the way to go about it.....but I think you know that already!

Coco....we pretty much agree on the Ronnie saga....don't be drumming it up for Shez now....two wrongs not making a right and all that. Shez's a relatively new manager. Deserves plenty of time. Deserves to be allowed to make mistakes. Just like Ronnie should've been.....just because he wasn't, don't be using what's good for one, is good for the other. Ain't the way to go about it.....but I think you know that already!

But Ronnie wasn't a relatively new manager, and showed no intention of learning new tricks. Shez is still learning.