walsall away following

daznathe

Away Support At Walsall  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How many will we take to The Bescot?

• Less than 600
    • 600-700
    • 701-800
    • 801-900
    • 901-1000
    • 1001-1100
    • Over 1100

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
You know you will be there! at about 12.15 the guilt will get to you! There will be a beer waiting for you with myself, Diego and the BOAST/BALLS massive! :wink:

Right well its gym time, i'm sure i may have made some sort of decision soon!

Mmmmmm Beer.....

Richard Money, the Walsall manager, known to Saddlers’ fans as ‘Dickie Dosh’, used to look like this in his playing days for Liverpool:

http://www.lfchistory.net/images/profiles/player_money.jpg

Now, thanks to the constant sunshine in the Midlands, he looks ike this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blackcountry/content/...203_203x152.jpg

It may be best to take your sunscreen to today’s match.

There may be a limit to the number I can get into the Saddlers' Club using my diplomacy skills. :unsure:

You sent the invite my friend!! However, I know what you mean - S_W is a notably dodgy character... :clown::biker::banned::busted::bobby:

Thought the saddlers welcomed friendly away fans.... they just arrest you when you leave and stop you gettin in the match!

Until the second goal went in yesterday the singing at Walsall was poor. There were only spasmodic chants and the odd chorus of OWTB. It picked up a bit after the penalty, when everyone started to relax a bit, and the singing was very good at the end of the game. I didn't notice whether Sean Gregan looked satisfied with OUR efforts.

Compared to the past 'different class' performances, WE can't take any credit for lifting THEM towards the victory.

Until the second goal went in yesterday the singing at Walsall was poor. There were only spasmodic chants and the odd chorus of OWTB. It picked up a bit after the penalty, when everyone started to relax a bit, and the singing was very good at the end of the game. I didn't notice whether Sean Gregan looked satisfied with OUR efforts.

Compared to the past 'different class' performances, WE can't take any credit for lifting THEM towards the victory.

In fairness, every single player came over at the end of the game and applauded the fans. And for the first time this season the players deserved the applause they received.

There will be at least two more than usual there. It's the closest "away" match for my parents and they will be going. They don't get to as many away matches as they used to so, as it's a special occasion, you can expect a Latics win!!

A corner will be turned!!!

Walsall 0 Oldham 3

Spot on with the score !!

Can you ask your parents to attend more matches please :grin:

Thought the fans did help ... yep a little quiet at times but the usual away performance. Remember when the fans were being called 'different class' we were all on such a high, it will come again .. the fans performance usually goes hand in hand with the teams. But we will always only get 20/30% at home and aways games singing... its a fact I prefer everyone singing but it just won't / doesn't happen.

Thought the fans did help ... yep a little quiet at times but the usual away performance. Remember when the fans were being called 'different class' we were all on such a high, it will come again .. the fans performance usually goes hand in hand with the teams. But we will always only get 20/30% at home and aways games singing... its a fact I prefer everyone singing but it just won't / doesn't happen.

What about the crowd's performance in the 3-0 win at Huddersfield last season?

What about the crowd's performance in the 3-0 win at Huddersfield last season?

unfortunately a rare event .. then bolstered with many day trippers probally more exited about shouting at the oppo fans rather than getting behind the team.

Two B.A.L.L.S. members credited with another victory! :tongue::applause1:

Think it is more like Bristolatic and Mac who should get the credit!

And comparing any atmosphere to Hudds is unfair - I know we wer playing well at the time, and supporters were on a high... but that was a once in a season performance where everything went right, against a local rival - no wonder everyone was singing!

.... Think we will see that atmos again... when we are 3-0 up against Leeds!

As for who was singing on sat - the OWTB section towards the right (not the munchkins right over on the right before you say!) were in fine voice!... I went to sit over with Bristolatic for a lot of the game, who was about 5 rows behind you diego - unfortunately i think your experiences were tainted by the fact you had the prime moaners sat all around you....

One notable guy in an away shirt and cap - I dont think anyone on the pitch survived his barrage all game... even including finding the need to swear at ricketts and call him useless when he was running back after scoring - nice...

Think it is more like Bristolatic and Mac who should get the credit!

And comparing any atmosphere to Hudds is unfair - I know we wer playing well at the time, and supporters were on a high... but that was a once in a season performance where everything went right, against a local rival - no wonder everyone was singing!

I don't remember being told in advance that if the two named BOASTers attended, we would win 3-0. Whereas with the two B.A.L.L.S. attending, both the result and the score were never in doubt. :tongue:

Although I missed the game, I keep being told that Swansea (not a local rival) away last season was a 'different class' singing perfomance - so that's at least two once-in-a-season performances. :wink:

Although I missed the game, I keep being told that Swansea (not a local rival) away last season was a 'different class' singing perfomance - so that's at least two once-in-a-season performances. :wink:

Agreed... was a great atmos - but the once in a season performance was more referred to what happened on the pitch though, Swansea was functional and organised... Hudds was simply superb!

Spot on with the score !!

Can you ask your parents to attend more matches please :grin:

I don't really know how much credit they can be given for the result. They attend every home match and we've hardly set the world alight at BP this season!

I will, however, try and get them to go to more away matches :D