new banner

Ok then leeslover, what would you do about the garbage atmosphere at BP?

......give everyone an Ecstasy when they enter the ground? At least we wouldn't be as upset when we lose..... :) (There was only one emoticon that could go after such a suggestion)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, but the first step is not to do things that make it worse. I don't think anything other than brilliant 5-0 wins will perk it up TBH. I don't really go for these planned ways to get it going, the fun of it is all in the spontaneity for me. If it's an obligation or a chore then we might as well not bother.

Those of us who are trying to change BP into an atmospheric fortress, in order to lift the players on a regular basis, know that not even a brilliant 5-0 win will do the trick. On 'Celebration Sunday' TTA gave free admission, the ground was full, the atmosphere was good and the team was 5-0 up by half-time, including a goal from Adam Griffin which I described as the best goal I've ever seen. It was reasonable to expect many of those who attended to be so excited at what they'd seen that they couldn't wait to go to the next home game. However, come the next home game, it was back to business as normal - low crowd and little atmosphere. And so it continues, with the odd rare exception.

The big surprising factor in all this is that TTA are still keeping faith with the people of Oldham.

I haven't got the answer either and I agree that anything which is perceived as a "chore" is a non-starter. However an "obligation" is a different matter. I feel that I pay my money and, although I hope to be entertained, I'm also obliged to play any small part I can in helping the team to win each match. That includes applause; encouraging words; chanting; singing; appealing to the match officials for anything whereby we can gain an advantage; putting-off opposition players; and mis-handling the ball in a subtle way to waste valuable seconds.

It really is boring even for me to keep going over the same points, but I believe WE fans have the power within us to make going to BP a much more enjoyable experience, and all it takes is a willingness to join in with the few who keep trying to lead. When oafc_ok attends, he's prepared to raise the decibel level considerably, and others try also, but he and they are getting more and more disillusioned. I agree that the fun is in the "spontaneity", but we all know how atmospheric some orchestrated songs/chants can sound - the hairs standing on the back of the neck is a sensation difficult to experience anywhere other than at a live match.

If the silent majority are willing to let BP become even more of a morgue, then so be it, but I think it will be a massive wasted opportunity.

FC Twente have what they call 'VAK-P'. This is a group of supporters who arrange things that go on on matchday. For example Mark Oasis doing his bit with his flags. Like an entertainment commitee, for supporters.

That's a good idea. Before we know it, we'll have our own supporter club house...

As long as you can get a pocket of like-minded fans together in the stands, who are able to carry off something different - it will be only a matter of time before others follow.

Do I have to remind everyone of my desire for Lookers paddock and upper to have a go at the Panthinaikos chant TRIFILARA SE AGAPO?

It's definitely a small stadium but they're not all little people - one has 'Big' as his first name, and the flags look large even when held near him.

I'll back that one up. He really is a large man.

Back with the Ultras thing. We don't want to get into the choreographed stuff. We're not Ice Hockey. Or in Korea. Of course, it would be better if it was one big party behind the goal every week, but it needs all the singers etc to sit in one group as they do Away. Tricky, with punters spread all over the ground. Perhaps they could test it out, if we get a home cup draw - try to gather the noisy chaps together.

Of course, it would be better if it was one big party behind the goal every week, but it needs all the singers etc to sit in one group as they do Away. Tricky, with punters spread all over the ground. Perhaps they could test it out, if we get a home cup draw - try to gather the noisy chaps together.

I think that is what the problem is. The Chaddy is quiet at the moment. Singers have left for one reason or another and people are split up. It'll probably get worse before it gets better.

I'll back that one up. He really is a large man.

Back with the Ultras thing. We don't want to get into the choreographed stuff. We're not Ice Hockey. Or in Korea. Of course, it would be better if it was one big party behind the goal every week, but it needs all the singers etc to sit in one group as they do Away. Tricky, with punters spread all over the ground. Perhaps they could test it out, if we get a home cup draw - try to gather the noisy chaps together.

That sounds like a good idea to me, see how much noise we can actually make in the Chaddy when all the singers are in there. I'm planning to move to the Chaddy anyway next season (if it hasnt been knocked down by then) so I am up for a wander across. I sat in there a few games last season and it did get me much more in the mood for singing. All the 'paddock army' should move across to the Chaddy for any home cup game we get and lets see if we can really get an atmosphere going at BP for the first time in ages.

.... it needs all the singers etc to sit in one group as they do Away. Tricky, with punters spread all over the ground. Perhaps they could test it out, if we get a home cup draw - try to gather the noisy chaps together.

We've already got non-singing sections, but every time I suggest 'singing' sections nobody takes me seriously. :disappointed:

Leicester City has introduced a 'singing' section at the request of its Fans' Consultative Committee. The club assisted with the setting up of the section including advertising it. The general feeling is that it has improved the atmosphere in the stadium.

http://72.30.186.56/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&...=1&.intl=uk

I'd be happy to suggest it to Alan Hardy, but at the moment there is so little support for the idea of singing to improve the atmosphere that it would be a non-starter.

Ive moved from the chaddy for the first time this season in 11 years this season because the atmosphere was getting worse and worse. The few of us that do sing get told to sit down all the time and moaned at by the people behind...this is something that really annoyed me because anyone with half a brain knows that the part to to the lower left of the goal as you look at the chaddy will be stood up at every home game given the chance. Why the hell do people therefore get season tickets behind that bit and then moan at people for standing up and trying to make an atmosphere for the whole season.

Id love us to get a proper singing bit behind the goal in the chaddy end, i would move back in an instant because im getting even more depressed where i sit in the lookers with the moaning and lack of singing! (even better why dont we put a singing section in the Rochdale road end and move the away fans somewhre else:)

Ive moved from the chaddy for the first time this season in 11 years this season because the atmosphere was getting worse and worse. The few of us that do sing get told to sit down all the time and moaned at by the people behind...this is something that really annoyed me because anyone with half a brain knows that the part to to the lower left of the goal as you look at the chaddy will be stood up at every home game given the chance. Why the hell do people therefore get season tickets behind that bit and then moan at people for standing up and trying to make an atmosphere for the whole season.

Id love us to get a proper singing bit behind the goal in the chaddy end, i would move back in an instant because im getting even more depressed where i sit in the lookers with the moaning and lack of singing! (even better why dont we put a singing section in the Rochdale road end and move the away fans somewhre else:)

I was with you until I read the words in brackets. That's like saying move the iceberg because the Titanic is heading towards it!

When I here about singing sections, I can't help but think of those uber-chavs away at Gillingham :laught16:

It certainly would help if people would group together more. IMO it's part of the problem though that some groups who do sing are only interested in singing what they start, and in fact seem positively against other songs. I dare say some Chaddy Enders will know what I mean. Unity is the way forward.