• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He never answers direct points which don't fit his purpose. Like I've said on many occasions, he's created and is maintaining a persona on here and nothing he does or says will sway from that. Hats off to him because it is very clever and his haul of "fish" means his keepnet is constantly bulging. There's no point getting excited about it all though as he's just playing games.

I'm sure in person, he's a really decent bloke with positive views as well as negative ones. He's also clearly a dedicated and loyal Latics fan who cares about the Club.

And oafc0000, I like Oldham Rugby as well but that doesn't make me a bad or bitter person!

I'm waiting for option C - He's a supporter who rarely gets things Latics related wrong.

Ricketts looked pretty fit when he flew back to flatten a Leeds player with a brilliant tackle on Tuesday (before that nobber of a ref gave a foul). I don't really understand what people are looking for, the way we are using him doesn't involve a huge amount of running and I've just not seen him failing to be where he should be - it's everyone else in the team who has that problem.

Guest sheridans_world
Ricketts looked pretty fit when he flew back to flatten a Leeds player with a brilliant tackle on Tuesday (before that nobber of a ref gave a foul). I don't really understand what people are looking for, the way we are using him doesn't involve a huge amount of running and I've just not seen him failing to be where he should be - it's everyone else in the team who has that problem.

No offence Lees, but the state you were in on Tuesday night, are you sure it wasnt a 85 year old white lady getting knocked over by a sudden gust of wind?

He never answers direct points which don't fit his purpose. Like I've said on many occasions, he's created and is maintaining a persona on here and nothing he does or says will sway from that. Hats off to him because it is very clever and his haul of "fish" means his keepnet is constantly bulging. There's no point getting excited about it all though as he's just playing games.

I'm sure in person, he's a really decent bloke with positive views as well as negative ones. He's also clearly a dedicated and loyal Latics fan who cares about the Club.

And oafc0000, I like Oldham Rugby as well but that doesn't make me a bad or bitter person!

I said, he is just a bitter rugby fan.......I didnt say ALL rugby fans were bitter......

The whole incident with not letting the rugby play at boundary park left a bitter taste in his mouth.

Edited by oafc0000

I'm waiting for option C - He's a supporter who rarely gets things Latics related wrong.

Question - Do you think that Ricketts has an excellent first touch which instantly brings the ball under control?

Coco's Answer - He's a supporter who rarely gets things Latics related wrong.

Makes a lot of sense that.

:mmm::rolleyes::unsure:

Yep I clearly know nothing about Football, I bow down to the knowledge of people who believe a striker who's scored 16 goals in 4 half years is going to fire us up the division, he's doing a cracking job of it at the moment :imnotworthy: .

I don't think he has a first touch that's anything special.

At least this post :stupid: proves your point of

clearly knowing nothing about Football

In the words of the great man Mr T -- -:mrt:

I pitty the fool

I don't think he has a first touch that's anything special.

:laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16:

Take those blinkers off! Many players at the Club marvel at his ball control skills and at the Q&A, Kilkenny said he had one of the best first touches that he'd ever seen.

Your desire to portray the negative has just let you down and made you look rather foolish in my opinion.

:laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16:

Take those blinkers off! Many players at the Club marvel at his ball control skills and at the Q&A, Kilkenny said he had one of the best first touches that he'd ever seen.

Your desire to portray the negative has just let you down and made you look rather foolish in my opinion.

In the words of the great man Mr T -- -:mrt:

I pitty the fool

Coco.... he's Oldham Athletic very own Marmite

*cough*

His magical touch and footballing brain has set up one goal this season. I have the power of stats on my side, 16 goals in 4 half years and more clubs than Tiger Woods, all of whom didn't seem to appreciate this wonderful footballing ability he has.

I could make stats seem like you talk sense !!

within that period of 4 years he as played approx 64 game IIRC due to injury ! Now if you read my little help for you about components of fitness, you would understand that he never had enough games to become MATCH FIT .

Football is a results game, games must be won and players must score goals yesterday !!

He's not been given a chance, which is what Shez is giving him NOW !

Shez as repeatedly said he (MR) needs TIME !!

because Davies is not playing to Ricketts strengths. Ricketts holds up the ball and also gets the flicks on through defences. Davies looks to pull wide at every opportunity, yes... I know he see's himself as a winger!! (I don't know why because Sheridan has obviously told him to play through the middle, but he won't or can't.)

I don't believe this for one second, sorry! Where has he said he's sees himself as a winger? I agree that it might be an option to try him out there. I don't think even Inspiral, who calls heavily for him to be played out there, thinks he's a winger just that his pace is worth putting onto the wings to try him there (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong). In this case, Lids has to be removed from the wings. If pace is the answer, Lids ain't. Put him behind the front two if he has to play. Add to this, the only reason Davies is finding himself out there IMO, is coz of the completely regimented carbon-copy attacks we produce every single time down the wings. It goes....

Ball down the wing....to Taylor, he can't go past on his left foot so cuts in towards his marker, is tackled, falls over, ball needs recovering, Davies goes out to do so.

Or ball down to Lids....he can't beat his man, so he gets to edge of attacking 3rd....waits for back up....nearest man....yes, you guessed it, Davies!

It's wave after wave of the same move. Making competent defences able to deal with it with ease. That's what angered me about our performance on Tuesday and the hard luck stories. The cold fact was, we looked blank upfront because of the way we help defences out by the way we play. Once Davies does mop up those lose balls, yes, he's out of position. And the opposition has every man back that they need. For me, people need to stop pointing at the performances of Davies and Ricketts and question why this same, 1-dimesional rubbish is being allowed to continue. And not from August 5th but from February 2007!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

His magical touch and footballing brain has set up one goal this season. I have the power of stats on my side, 16 goals in 4 half years and more clubs than Tiger Woods, all of whom didn't seem to appreciate this wonderful footballing ability he has.

---------------

It's taken 3yrs for Micheal Owen to net 16 league goals....England striker/saviour....and he's meant to be an out and out striker, unlike Ricketts.....stats look great sometimes, don't they! Ricketts has had injuries too, before you start with that sh** about Owen...

---------------

The power of stats eh....you conviniently ignore mine though eh....

That Micheal Owen eh....bag of s*** ain't he Coco?!?! Just like Ricketts....journeyman eh!

Guest oa_exile
.......Or ball down to Lids....he can't beat his man, so he gets to edge of attacking 3rd....waits for back up....nearest man....yes, you guessed it, Davies!

I really cant believe you have just written that :shock:

How on earth can you say "waits for back up" when Lidds gets the ball into the box or a diagnal pass in 9 times out of 10 .......... lol :lol: "waits for back up" ............indeed :grin:

I agree he should definitely be fit by now, no excuses there

Wrong...came to us later in pre-season (2wks into it). With injury. Built up some fitness, then was injured again at end of August going into September. So again, has to build up fitness. Hence, being subbed several times. He ain't fit for 90mins yet at all....no excuse, just plain and simple facts.

And as someone pointed out above, yes, he can launch himself at someone in a tackle. That doesn't show anything about required stamina for 90mins. But it does show he ain't lazy!

I really cant believe you have just written that :shock:

How on earth can you say "waits for back up" when Lidds gets the ball into the box or a diagnal pass in 9 times out of 10 .......... lol :lol: "waits for back up" ............indeed :grin:

Seriously? I must be watching a different game...he gets the ball, sees the opposing full back and turns looking for KK or Davies or whoever else. He puts 1 in 10 balls in, not 9 in 10 balls!

*At present, Eardleys the one playing that diagonal ball. From the flippin half way line and the oppo's defence goes "gobble, gobble, ta very much!" Either that or Ricketts wins it, nods it down for a runner....and they are, erm...nowhere near.

Edited by boundaryblue80