NFL - Giants Vs Dolphins Wembley London

Alright, Tennesee might not be better than all the NFC candidates.

I have to admit, when Coughlin ripped Tynes to shreds after the first missed kick I was thinking that you just don't do that to kickers - and the second miss was no surprise oncve all his confiedence had been ruined. What went in Tynes' favour with the winning kick is it was so far out no one expected him to do it, so it took the pressure off.

It's a shame San Diego didn't make it, but they were far too beaten up to stick a chance.

Your right about Coughlin....you dont do that...... BUT the second kicked was never going to go over due to the poor snap.... Was already a long kick and the snap just took away any chance they had....

One of the commentators pointed ou that Coughlin knows his players and said maybe that what the kicker responds too....although I doubt that...think Coughlin just lost his cool....luckly Tynes didnt when it came to over time.

I really dont think your being fair to the Giants. They are a good setup and have a great chance. The clever money is going on the Pats but I think giants are in with a shot and it wont be a one sided game. It wasnt last time they met.

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]

Fair enough....I think I went OTT but I wasnt intentionally lieing but here is the qoute which was released days before registration close....

they then did a draw and I won in the draw which allowed you to try for tickets but then i missed out on all three sale periods... The first sales period sold out in 90mins (40,000)....and then the 2nd and 3rd sales sold out in about ten mins....I got my ticket via a forum....

I think what this proves though is that there is alot fo intrest in NFL in the UK....

By the way.....the next international game is schedule for next year and gues where it is coming........the UK :lol: They are chooseing between Wembley, Cardiff and somewhere in scotland....

Ok I concede I am VERY VERY wrong and indeed NFL is VERY VERY big in the UK.

You may be interested to know they are indeed discussing your game on TalkSport right now, for the benefit of the millions upon millions of fans.

Go Giants!

I have never enjoyed an NFL Season as much as this current one. There have been some fantastic games and Sky's Coverage is nothing short of superb.

Just to add to the debate, when it comes to TV, football comes 3rd in my list of preferred watching behind Rugby League and NFL. Latics though is the only Team that I would consider watching live and you simply cannot beat that for entertainment.

As a Packers fan, I'm still gutted this morning. I agree it was exciting but the game was never in danger of being a classic (though 10 times better than the Patriots v Chargers Bore-athon). I was pacing round the living room for the last quarter of the Green Bay game as the tension was unbearable. All credit to Tynes for kicking the winning Field Goal and as OS has said, he was under less pressure as nobody expected him to kick it.

Green Bay never got going last night. Favre was poor; Grant (who has been a revelation since coming into the Side) couldn't get a run (mainly due to an outstanding performance from the Giants' Antonio Pierce) while Al Harris had a poor game against an impressive Plaxico Burress. Rather disappointing after the high of last weekend when we beat Seattle and watched Dallas lose to The Giants/ Jessica Simpson combo.

Ah well. Green Bay are the youngest team in the NFL so the future is bright. They have some outstanding Players who can only get better.

It was minus 4 fahrenheit (!!!) at the game yesterday (windchill -24F) and the "Bikini Girls" were still showing their wares!

Good luck to the Giants in the Superbowl.

Ok I concede I am VERY VERY wrong and indeed NFL is VERY VERY big in the UK.

You may be interested to know they are indeed discussing your game on TalkSport right now, for the benefit of the millions upon millions of fans.

Go Giants!

I get the feeling Im not winning you over :P

I have never enjoyed an NFL Season as much as this current one. There have been some fantastic games and Sky's Coverage is nothing short of superb.

Just to add to the debate, when it comes to TV, football comes 3rd in my list of preferred watching behind Rugby League and NFL. Latics though is the only Team that I would consider watching live and you simply cannot beat that for entertainment.

As a Packers fan, I'm still gutted this morning. I agree it was exciting but the game was never in danger of being a classic (though 10 times better than the Patriots v Chargers Bore-athon). I was pacing round the living room for the last quarter of the Green Bay game as the tension was unbearable. All credit to Tynes for kicking the winning Field Goal and as OS has said, he was under less pressure as nobody expected him to kick it.

Green Bay never got going last night. Favre was poor; Grant (who has been a revelation since coming into the Side) couldn't get a run (mainly due to an outstanding performance from the Giants' Antonio Pierce) while Al Harris had a poor game against an impressive Plaxico Burress. Rather disappointing after the high of last weekend when we beat Seattle and watched Dallas lose to The Giants/ Jessica Simpson combo.

Ah well. Green Bay are the youngest team in the NFL so the future is bright. They have some outstanding Players who can only get better.

It was minus 4 fahrenheit (!!!) at the game yesterday (windchill -24F) and the "Bikini Girls" were still showing their wares!

Good luck to the Giants in the Superbowl.

Cheers mate! The giants defence is amazing.... They seem to be able to put preasure on the oppents QB just at the right time. They only did it once yesterday which lead to the interception! and the Eli has improved so much and you know we are defo good to rack up some points. Booth defence and offense will need to be perfect against the pats though.

I think the whole of the football league will be backing the Giants!! Classic case of backing the underdog :) and nobody really wants the Pats to go 19-0 :)

I totally agree with you about football being behind rugby and NFL.... I love latics and they will always be MY TEAm and will always support them but I have accepted that football as contest died years ago....

The bikini girls were mad!!! It was fecking freeeeezing :) Couldnt see any stiff nips...??? Amaazing :P

Right im off to order my superbowl program :) £15!!! :lol:

Edited by oafc0000

If I had any money, every penny of it would be on New England.

Patriots 5/1 on favourites.

Given a spread of 13 points if that floats anyones boat.

I reckon the pat's will clincially put it to bed. I'm not confident of scorelines but I doubt the Giants will really be in it.

I hope the Giants win 5000 - 0 and Foxborough burns down and Belicheat's sideline cameras break.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I'm utterly knackered. Bed at 3:30, alarm off at 6:50, sleep button pressed twenty times and finally up at 9:50.

Good second game though. I suspect your Giants influence is shading your judgement of the brilliance of the game, but it was certainly exciting. As pointed out after the game though, the winning kick was by a Brit, not a Scot - the two earlier misses were by a Scot.

It’s not the most surprising result that you find yourself there. I’m afraid it is a result of an utterly gash NFC. Nigh on every AFC team qualifying would have beaten nigh on every NFC team, but you can only beat what is put in front of you. Sadly, that won’t be the case come the Superbowl – which will be a one-sided affair I would think. Maybe if you cheat for the next eight years like New England have then you’ll stick a chance. As then you will be able to carry on as normal with your house built by deceit whilst the NFL let you off.

Good luck, but I reckon it's going to be a massacre come a fortnight.

Totally knackered here too. Couldnt get to sleep, was a bit excited after that!

I dont think it will be a massacre in a fortnight. I think New England will win, but the way we pleaye against them 3 weeks ago will give us confidence, plust the fact we have won 10 games away on the bounce. We are the designated away team if you are one for omens :) If Strahan and Umyienyora can get at Brady we have a chance. And if Elisha can be as economical as he has been then we have a very good chance. He has only turned over once in the last 4 games, and he has totally stepped up to the plate. He silenced all his doubters, me included.

Once thing I think we need to do more is give the ball to Bradshaw more, he is more likely to do something unpredictable, whilst Jacobs can become presictable at just trying to power through.

I think New England will win, but it will be closer than people think. And to be honest, anything is now a bonus. We were 0-2 and before the season no one even backed us for the playoffs. Now we are the NFC champions....what a season!

Edited by dave_ragg1984

I watch the Superbowl but i still haven't got a bloody clue what is going on, i understand chuck it to the wide reciever and he runs like forrest gump for touch down but what is all that 2nd down in 6 and 1st down in 4 all about. Can somebody please explain, much appreciated

Basically, 2nd down and 6 would mean you are on your 2nd down and you need to gain 6 yard before you get a first down. You have 4 downs (like tackles in rugby league) and you need to get 10 yeards. If you dont get 10 yard the ball is turned over.

basics of american football (bbc)

Hope this helps!

Edited by dave_ragg1984

21 quid for a programme which will tell you all about how great New England are....i hope we muller them.

lol

Its much like the cup final programs, half and half for each team...

I always get one if the giants are in the final. The proper price is £15 but I use a company that grantee it for the big day aka £21 :)

lol

Its much like the cup final programs, half and half for each team...

I always get one if the giants are in the final. The proper price is £15 but I use a company that grantee it for the big day aka £21 :)

I know its half and half...half sayin "the giants ar ehere against all odds..." and the other half saying, "New England Patriots.....WOW!" I wonder if it will mention them cheating?

I know its half and half...half sayin "the giants ar ehere against all odds..." and the other half saying, "New England Patriots.....WOW!" I wonder if it will mention them cheating?

lol have you ever bought a superbowl program :P

To be fair thought...thats actually true :) Its like Latics vs Forest all over again :) Different score this time please :P

Edited by oafc0000